Since returning back to Canberra, Alecander's personality as a whole has changed considerably. In general, he seems to have matured a lot and his childish humour before has been replaced with a dry sarcasm which he finds suits himself a lot more. He still retains his usual happy aura, however he finds he can be angered or saddened quicker than before. The main result of this personality change stems from him reflecting on his life and how he believes that he was being immature considering what he went through.
Before, when angry, Alec would be reserved with his emotions and tend to conceal them as he found it rude to express them publicly. Now, however, he openly gets angry or sad as he finds that expressing it openly helps him relax more, rather than giving him stress.
He's more curious than he was before and tends to ask more questions and analyse things more than he once did. (possible wip???)
Michael Hart met Ariadne one night at a party in his home-city of Canberra, Australia. The two chatted, and before long, were having a fling. Once finished, Ariadne told him everything in advance, which didn't phase him at all. Around the same time, Michael's best friend, Edwin, had also hooked up with a goddess. Fearing that Edwin would judge him or not believe him, Michael kept the news that there was a possibility that he could have a son to himself. To easily cover up the fact that a child that was his would randomly turn up on his door step, he quickly found a girlfriend. Being a successful model, he easily picked one up, and after a while, nearing the time that his son would be dropped off, he broke up with her.
On the 11th June 1997, a small baby boy was given to him by Ariadne. He took his son in and named him Alecander. As Edwin had a son too, named Alexander, the two boys grew up with each other. Growing up, Alecander enjoyed going to the beach, and always meeting up with his best friend Alexander, nicknamed Alec by his younger brother. When he was 7, Alecander was urged by his father to join the modelling business, instead, he became interested in catering. Reluctantly, Michael began to find books and such for Alecander to learn from.
When he was 12, Alecander had his first monster attack. When walking home from Alexander's house, he was attacked by a hellhound. At the time, Michael, who could see through the mist, was walking to pick him up, and upon seeing the monster attack his son, he grabbed a nearby axe and aimed at the hellhound's head. Unknown to him, the axe was made of celestial bronze, so he successfully managed to kill the beast. Only a year later, Alecander got food poisoning from a restaurant, and soon his condition became even worse, and he rarely left his room.
As his condition was getting worse, Michael worried more and more, quitting his job so he could take care of him. The doctor who also cared for him concluded that he had disease, the same one which would kill Alexander's family later on. From having the food poisoning, he caught the disease. Only days before his birthday, Alecander was at death's door. Ariadne, feeling sorry for her son, looked for an excuse to save him. At the same time, another son of hers had created a labyrinth in her honour. Finding it fit that the labyrinth could be the excuse she needed to save her son, claiming that it deserved a guardian, placed Alecander into the labyrinth. As the labyrinth had hedge walls, Alecander continued to to thrive and recover. Ariadne then went to Hebe, and requested that Alecander would still age when in the labyrinth, so when she decided that he was able to regain his body again, it would be at the same physical age that he was mentally. Hebe, owing Ariadne for a similar incident that happened some time back with the roles practically reversed, agreed, and made it so Alecander's body would age.
When he was 16, Ariadne finally decided to let him go back to being a normal demigod. She passed his soul back into his body, which was concealed in the centre of the labyrinth, and allowed him time to wake up. When he did, he was startled for a few seconds, before regaining his memory from before the labyrinth, right up to that point. Being the guardian of the place, he knew his way around, and quickly navigated to the entrance. From there, following the directions that his mother had placed before him when he was sleeping, he went to Camp.
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to cause someone to believe that they are trapped inside a labyrinth, disrupting their senses into seeing anything else for a short time. While under its effect, they become more vulnerable to attacks.
- Children of Ariadne, while a labyrinth is summoned, have the ability to create 1 to 3 lesser monsters (those classified as “easy” in the Monster Encyclopedia) nearby them within it; these monsters, however, will not be controlled and will attack anyone they see.
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to create a large portion of a labyrinth wall to protect themselves until it corrodes after a short time. The walls can be created at all directions to create an absolute defense, but drains more energy from the user. Conversely, this can be used to imprison enemies.
- Children of Ariadne can cause a person to feel/be lost, as if they don’t know how to reach their desired destination and wander off aimlessly which may induce distress, confusion and loss of concentration, for a short time. The effect can be used on a larger number of people, but drains more energy.
- Children of Ariadne have the innate ability to find their way through/around any sort of puzzle, maze or obstacle without any aid, as if they have a psychic compass within them. They are also able to perceive any kind of hidden obstruction, trap or dead-end within a 10 meter radius around them.
- Children of Ariadne have the innate ability to see in multiple directions at once, allowing their senses of sight to become more finely attuned to their surroundings.
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to create a real labyrinth which traps anyone inside it for a short time. The user has total control over the creation, such as altering and closing its walls or even expand the maze at any time. However, a larger maze will consume more energy from the user. The maze has a roof over it and cannot be teleported out of.
- Children of Ariadne can conjure a very durable wool string that can be used to navigate around a place, mislead or ensnare victims, bind or strangle enemies, hold or suspense things firmly, weave fine cloth or in any way possible. The longer the string, the more energy it drains. The string can also be conjured from the ground or from any surface.
- Children of Ariadne can increase or decrease a person's passions, whether the purpose is to weaken one’s will to fight, or to motivate them to do a certain hobby or to love, etc. The longer this state is maintained, the more energy is drained from the user.
- Children of Ariadne are able to teleport themselves through the mazes they created. The further the distance traveled, the more energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to construct paths out of materials found around them that they can use to take them anywhere (up into the air, over trees, etc.) but as they move along the path, the path behind them slowly corrodes. The longer they use the energy required to make a path, the more they are drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to enchant a localized location into becoming an illogical, yet illusory, maze which traps anyone inside it. With this ability, the user can cause a building’s passageways to lead somewhere else such as an upstairs flight lead to the basement, a closet room lead to the rooftop, lead a door back to itself, and so on and so forth. The larger the area of effect and the longer it is held, the more it drains the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to materialize a shadowy form of the Minotaur into existence which is capable of both fighting and dying under their control, in a sense; afterwards, it will vanish and drains the user extensively. However, the Minotaur conjured is weaker than its real counterpart would be.
- Children of Ariadne have an excellent sense of direction, and are able to navigate and locate any location with ease, rarely getting lost.
- Children of Ariadne are typically willing to help others, even to strangers.