Jade Nystrom @AnnabelleJade I've done my sentence but committed no crime. Camp Half-Blood Joined 3rd April 291Following 452kFollowers
History @AnnabelleJade • Aug 31
- They were born just after the American civil war began (1861)
- It was believed their father was a slave owner ( her older brothers all fought for confederates ) whilst their mother was a slave.
- In reality, she had two affairs with different gods
- Plutus and Aeolus
- They treated her better than any other white men had and she was a romantic
- Nine months later: babies
- Despite everyone thinking the owner was the father, he never directly claimed them. Instead, he let one of the slaves bring them into the house whilst their mother returned to working the fields.
- When they were one, their mother managed to use the underground railroad to escape to Canada, fleeing the southern states, despite her ‘master’ trying to track her down.
- They were raised in Toronto in a small community filled with ex-slaves. For a while, it was a good life. They received education, learnt how to read and write. Their mother worked in a small shop and it helped them live.
- She eventually married their step father, who didn’t think much of them but he loved their mum.
- However, when they turned 16, Raphaelle went missing.
- Three months later, their mother died of a heart attack, unable to bear the stress anymore
- The stepfather, only a month later, suggest marrying Jade in return for him taking her in
- Jade runs away before this can happen and eventually she joins the hunt.
- She likes the hunt. Romance was never on her plan so she went with it.
- She did quite well - might have even considered going for the lieutenant if the current one wasn’t so good
- Jade sometimes asked Artemis to try and find her sister, but they never found any traces
- She eventually accepted that Raphaelle was dead
- It was in the 1950s that she found a golden apple and, due to her fear of death and the unknown, she ate it. In truth, it was one Artemis was given by Hera and was keeping it to herself. However, Jade, not realising who it belonged to, went ahead.
- Artemis kicked her out of the hunt. Due to her previous loyalty to Artemis, she refrained from cursing Jade.
- Jade returned to the US, helping the civil rights movement. She decided to help mortal world out rather than involve herself with the Olympians
- Worked with Martin Luther King. Helped him write speeches and organise marches
- Marched a lot
- She became a fashion designer in Chicago and eventually worked for Dior in Paris
- However, she had to move on after a few years due to never aging
- She moved from country to country each decade, working in fashion boutiques and helping small POC businesses establish themselves.
- She avoided photographs and videos so no one could track her down
- When it was 2005, she found Raphaelle.
- Whilst they continued to touch bases with each other for the next 15 years, neither of them got along. They haven’t seen each other in a long time and have lost their dynamic.
- Jade began to continue her activism
- Began to get more involved again with the Olympians, helping out with both recent wars
- Began to become more well known in the demigod spheres before her sister convinced her to finally give camp a try.
Powers @AnnabelleJade • Aug 31
- Children of Plutus can fire off drachma coins that materialize from their fingertips at a very high speed - fast enough that they could pierce and cut through skin upon contact. However, they cannot use this excessively, and will need a brief period of rest between turns before it can become usable again.
- Children of Plutus can induce a powerful desire for money and wealth upon a target, making them think of various material possessions and riches. This would leave them vulnerable to attacks.
- Children of Plutus have the ability to summon precious metals from the earth - diamonds, gold, other gem stones - and use them to create a wall, or a dome that could be used to blunt attacks and shield them from harm. However, they could only be roughly two or three times the size of the user, and they will crumble to dust after a short while.
- Children of Plutus get innately stronger when they are in possession of large amounts of money. The more money they have, the more powerful they get. They can also draw power from nearby locations that have an abundant source of wealth, e.g., banks, gold mines, ATM vestibules, etc.
- Children of Plutus naturally exude an aura that could make the people around them tend to be more greedy or possessive over their money and material wealth. They could turn this ability on and off as they please.
- Children of Plutus innately know the exact location of money, as well as luxurious high-end items within a ten mile radius. And the exact amount of money someone has on their person. This could make them excellent treasure hunters or thieves.
- Children of Plutus have inherent knowledge of the different currency exchange rates of the world, as well as the price value of different material items. They can also identify gemstones and other precious metals just by touching them.
- Children of Plutus can summon a large number of drachma coins and command them to be magnetized on an opponent’s body for a short time, after which they lose effect and fall off the body they were attached to. This could leave an opponent vulnerable to attack or give the user a chance to flee. This can only be done if the user is able to see their target.
- Children of Plutus can enchant a piece of paper money or a coin with an aura of greed, which would cause surrounding people to quickly desire it. This can be used to distract a single opponent or cause a group of people to fight over the desired item. This can only affect a person once during a fight.
- Children of Plutus can transform items into a piece of paper money - this could be an opponent’s weapon or shield, or other equipment. The item would remain in this form for a fair amount of time, and this could place an opponent at a disadvantage. However only one item can be transformed at a time.
- Children of Plutus can create paper bills and coins out of thin air, which can be used in transactions out in the real world. The more money they generate at a time, the more energy is drained. Constant abuse of this power - i.e., generating large heaps of money that would amount to USD 100,000 and above in one instant - could cause the user to pass out for at least a day.
- Children of Plutus can telekinetic move small amounts of paper bills with their minds, the larger amounts they move means the more energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Plutus can turn precious metals into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs (such as animals or golems) and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only one combative item or semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly twice the size of the one that conjured it. The longer they maintain combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive. If they create a combative item they can telekinetically move it with their mind.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Plutus have the ability to cover their entire bodies with precious metal coating. The form they adapt depends on the user, and they all have varying effects - diamond for immense durability, silver for reflecting energy attacks, copper to act as a lightning rod, etc. This gives them extra properties that could prove useful in battle, and they could even mix and match and use multiple precious metals depending on their choice. However, their movements are more restricted and sluggish this way, and they cannot be as quick and agile as they would have been without the precious metal covering their body. Also, the longer their form is maintained, the more energy is drained from the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Plutus have the ability to temporarily don "The Golden Touch". With this, they can turn literally everything they touch into gold, including, but not limited to, physical objects, elements (like water, earth and fire, but with the exclusion of air), energy attacks, and even other living beings, except the gods, of course. However, the effects are not permanent, and will wear off after a fair amount of time. The effects are also not instantaneous, and the pace of the transformation depends on the size of the target. In the case of living beings, they cannot be fully transformed into gold quickly, and the transformation will have to start from somewhere. For example if the user touches the arm of the target, the transformation will begin there and will then spread to the other parts of the body, until they are fully turned into gold. After using this power, the user will be extremely drained of energy - unable to move and could even possibly faint.
- Children of Plutus often make great economists, businessmen, accountants, pawn brokers and even treasure hunters because of their affinity with money and material wealth.
- Children of Plutus often find themselves living a luxurious and wealthy life, or if not, grow to accumulate more wealth over time through various reasons. Those close to them - like friends, lovers and family - could also find themselves affected by this.
- Children of Plutus normally excel at games where money is involved as a prize. For example, they have higher chances of winning when it comes to the lottery, or in different casino games, as well as betting on different sports games especially when a high sum of money is involved.
- Children of Plutus tend to greatly care about financial success, and while these reasons can usually be selfish, some can be driven by a desire to aid loved ones and even strangers with their wealth. But most can agree that making money is one of the most important things in the world to them.
- While many children of Plutus find legitimate ways to make money, others are willing to go to extreme lengths for it, like getting involved in highly illegal activities such as drug trafficking and arms dealing for the sake of money. This can sometimes send them down rather immoral paths.
Relationships @AnnabelleJade • Aug 31
Custom Trivia @AnnabelleJade • Aug 31