Courageous, brainiac-smart, wise for her age, never lets a wrong go un-avenged, compassionate, mostly introverted, kind, mostly clear headed, darkly humorous. Deathly afraid of spiders.
Her father was a marine fighting overseas, having enlisted to earn money so he could go to college and get his engineering degree. He met Aaren's mother, who was posing as an allied forces soldier, when she saved him from being finished off by the enemy. *love at first sight* Jacob was rather torn when his tour ended, afraid he would never see the mystery woman again. Then, a year later, Jacob ran into his savior while on patrol in NYC (he had gone into the reserves and was now a cop and taking online engineering classes.) Two years later, on November 13, Aaren came along and her mother disappeared, leaving only a note. On the envelope, written in pristine handwriting, was this: Do not open until your 15th birthday.
Aaren's childhood was stressful. She was always having nightmares. Spiders, people she loved being hurt, more spiders. Then, when she was five, her father was murdered by a person in black. Literally seconds later, a young hellhound attacked the poor traumatized tot. She got lucky, though, because the Hunters of Artemis arrived just in time to save her. Aaren, frightened of these newcomers, ran.
Aaren grew fast, training and fighting and trying to find out who killed her father. She hid and ran all over the country, accompanied by two older demigods, both 15. She became an expert with every weapon imaginable in the seven years she was traveling. On her twelfth birthday, she and her two companions were running from a pack of hellhounds and got chased into/stumbled upon Camp Half Blood. After only a few days of constantly feeling as though she didn't belong, she left.
Aaren has never gotten along well with people; they always want to pity her fate, and that gets them, and her, into trouble. She's had to run from the cops more times than any fourteen year old should have to. She's also had to hide from gangs more than any fourteen year old should have to. During her search for her father's killer, she's gotten into a lot of trouble with the forces of evil, rouge demigods and monsters included. Her bold, brazen attitude has gotten whole gangs out for her blood. Every night, she takes out the letter from her mother and just stares at it, wondering who her mother is and absorbing the safety that little envelope gives her.
But then she got tired of being alone. After many conflicted nights, she decided to return to camp. A few days after arriving, her mother, Athena, claims her
- Children of Athena have the ability to see each specific pressure point on another person and are proficient at striking them in order to immobilize or greatly pain another person for a short time.
- Children of Athena are changed during battle and become stronger and quicker in combat than a normal human could achieve.
- Children of Athena are able to generate loose materials or manipulate any loose materials found around them to weave a wall. The wall obstructs the view of anyone facing them, and also blunts attacks. However, it does not stop attacks entirely, it is only capable of slowing the attacks down (possibly say that the wall will cut like a bunch of woven stuff or something ~ spiders and what not).
- Children of Athena, using their inclinations of battle and strategy, can most of the time, predict the course of action an opponent attacking them will take, and and are able to dodge or parry accordingly. However, if the prediction is wrong this may cost the child of Athena dearly.
- Children of Athena have the innate ability of hyper-cognition. They are able to perform more complex mental operations than a normal human could achieve. They are able to process thoughts and learning far quicker than others with little cognitive effort.
- Children of Athena have innate battle reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Athena are able to communicate with and command owls. If the user gives too many commands, the owls will become frustrated and disobey.
- Children of Athena have the ability to empower strength and intelligence upon nearby allies and instil fear upon nearby enemies with a deafening war cry for a short time.
- Children of Athena have minor telepathic abilities, making them able to telepathically communicate with their allies and read the current thoughts of an opponent’s mind. But this mind reading does not always work.
- Children of Athena through telepathy are able to alter the moods of a person or group of people for a short time. They are able to make an ally calmer and more courageous or an opponent panicked or depressed. Once a target has suffered from this power, they become resistant to it for a moderate amount of time.
- Children of Athena can curse an opponent, temporarily ruining their ability to formulate battle strategies for a short time. With this curse, the target would only think up rather silly and quite awful strategies. This gives the user a chance to attack or flee. Ex: The target would fake a heart attack and fall back on the ground, thinking the user would believe it and give up on the fight.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Athena, due to the strength of their minds, are gifted with the ability of clairvoyance. They are able gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses, for example beyond their normal sensory range or when unable to use their physical senses. Some techniques of clairvoyance are veridical dreaming, scrying and parasight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Athena can curse an opponent with severe stupidity and ignorance, temporarily stripping them of their intelligence and knowledge. The curse can cause an opponent to lose their common sense, fighting skill and tactical abilities. The target could even be unsure how to swing a sword or use their powers properly. After a short time, the curse will wear off and the target will regain their intelligence and knowledge. Their minds will be resistant to further use of the curse for a moderate time and the user will be substantially drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Athena can turn into a normal sized owl of whichever species they select for a short period of time, allowing them flight. The user has the option to grow into a giant owl, it can be up to 2 to 3 times bigger than their size as a human. This will make the transformation more draining. As a giant owl, the user would be twice as fast as a normal owl mid-flight, be able to transport allies and possess a very loud scream. After the transformation, they are extremely drained. Unable to move and they could possibility faint.
- Children of Athena are normally very intelligent, wise and clever. Able to easily excel in school.
- Children of Athena tend to be very adept at weaving, pottery and other crafts.
- Children of Athena typically have the potential to become great soldiers, agents or generals. Able to perform remarkable feats within the Military.
- Children of Athena can grow up to make great scholars, teachers, professors and scientists.