Abraxas is an abrasive and relentless animal spirit that relishes in the thrill of a rush. He's a danger-seeking daredevil that particularly enjoys acts that would typically take the life of a normal person or even demigod. He's brutish and maybe a bit too rude, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bad guy. For one thing, it's not hard to appease to him as long as you don't manage to find a way to irritate him. As ironic as it may seem, he lacks a temper. He's just another warrior with a daunting wild-heart. He rarely resolves to his own rage, as he finds it needless and a waste of breath.
Although it may seem as if he would appreciate an individual with headstrong qualities, he really wouldn't. While he does have his reckless moments, he believes a rash man with a sword against a calm, composed opponent will lead to the foolish fighter's demise. When the tides switch from fun to battle, Abraxas becomes as serious and stern as a wicked steel blade, crafted to cut with a brutal swing. In any fray, he will completely disregard his accustomed nature, and will enter a state of pure fighting exuberance.
Abraxas isn't one to get easily attached honestly, as he regularly not surrounded by companions he can dub as "friends." To be honest, close bonds are something he desires, yet not fully grasp. He's almost always on to go and won't stop just for a simple conversation, leaving him a lonely bachelor in a way. He longs for friendship, and now that he is at camp, he hopes to seek it. While his playful teasing might get in the way, he's desiring the best, and prays it comes his way.
For years, the gods and goddesses have watched on while the humans developed through the years, as they advanced both personally and technologically. Lately one thing has become quite clear to them; humans have a habit of being very irresponsible when it comes to their environment and the animals that reside within that environment. They came to a decision, fearing for the safety and longevity of their sacred animals, they have decided to create a special group of nymphs to help protect their sacred animals.
These nymphs’ life forces are each attached to the animal they are a nymph of; if that animal becomes extinct, the nymph will die. The gods considered the fact that here are thousands of animals and creatures that roam the earth, but not wanting to over extend their powers, they have decided to only concern themselves with the animals that are sacred to them.
When they aren’t out in the world helping other nymphs and helping to protect their animals, they spend their time at camp.
- They have a telepathic/empathetic connection with nature and other nymphs. They also have a special, stronger, connection with other animal nymphs
- As they are nymphs they do not age, remaining eternally young.
- Their senses of smell, sight and hearing are more enhanced, enabling them to sniff out monsters, track down demigods, etc.
- They are able to summon animals to aid them, they have the best control over their own animal type
Specific to each Animal Type
- Each type of animal nymph has their life force attached to that species, so if a species were to go extinct the nymph would die
- Each nymph is able to change into the type of animal they are, and only that type. So the bear nymph could not turn into a mouse, but it could turn into a grizzly, black bear, polar bear, etc.
- While In animal form they have all the normal abilities of the animal. So if they are a hawk they can fly.
- While in regular nymph/person form, they only retain passive characteristics/traits from the animal. So if they are a hawk, perhaps they are claustrophobic in enclosed spaces, but they cannot fly
- Varies between species