Agatha is best described as a lady. She speaks eloquently and every word she say's is carefully chosen. She is prim and proper, she never acts outside of her station. However thats only the way she was raised and all of that falls out of the wayside if you get in her way. She hates people who get in the way of her plans and she will destroy anyone who manages to mess them up.
Edward Murray had worked at the same graveyard digging up graves since he got to Chattanooga back in the 1980's. Around town he was known as old man tomb stone and parents warned their kids to stay away from him. Despite having absolutely no friends Edward was happy with his life living in the small house at the edge of the graveyard provided for the on site undertaker. You would think it odd that he would be happy being all alone for fourty years only recieving scorn from his fellow man and you would be right it is very odd. However Edward had a secret that he never told a soul.
Edward Murray was born with schizophrenia and he believed honestly and truly that he was a psychic medium. As far as he knew he was never truly alone and he always had someone to talk to if not touch. His only regret in life was that he could not touch any of his friends. In particular he wanted to touch one of his dearest friends Melody Black who appeared to be a beautiful ghost who started showing up off and on in his graveyard sometime in the 1990's. He knew that he would only be happy in death where he could persue her to his hearts content.
However in truth Melody Black was actually Melinoe in disguise and to be honest she had become quite fond of the quiet hard working man who believed he could see ghosts and had fallen in love with her years ago. One night in late october she decided to visit him sensing that he was only a week from joining her eternal haunt so she decided to grant him his last wish, With that in mind she waited til the old man who loved her went to lie down for the night so she could have private time with him.
Just as edward had finished putting on his sleeping robe Melinoe appeared before him and she revealed all that she had hidden from him though not the sad truth of his psychiatric disorder. Though he was hurt by the secrecy he forgave her because he could not harbor ill feelings towards the one he loved. However he could feel confusion towards her, especially since he did not understand why she revealed herself to him now instead of after his death. That is how Melinoe revealed her desire to grant his last wish.
Edward and Melinoe spent that night wrapped in each others arms and though it was just one more man in a long chain of men for Melinoe, she was the only woman Edward had ever been with in that manner. As Edward finally released himself he drew his final shuddering breath and joined Melinoe forever. Or at least that was the way it was supposed to work after all old men are supposed to lack potency. However Edward surprised Melinoe that night and together they concieved a child.
Which is exactly how young Agatha was left on the doorstep of the local catholic church nine months later in the year 1998 with her ghostly father (who melinoe had allowed to watch over her til she went to camp as a spirit) anxiously watching as his only child is whisked into the arms of the local priest who immediately called 911 to tell them someone left a child on his doorstep. As Agatha grew within the Tennessee foster care system she was avoided by her pears. Though she was unfailingly polite she was also very creepy to the other children. At the age of five Agatha picked up sewing learning how to make her own clothing from an old seemstress who lived down the street. Due to her godly blood she did not suffer from schizophrenia like her father but at least she had him with her so that she wasn't truly alone
One year the foster system sent her to a group camp that functioned a bit like a summer camp. There she was taught arts and crafts and other campie activities. However her favorite was archery and though she was only average at it she worked herself to the bone so that at the end of her third and final month their she could hit a bullseye from 50 paces back. Agatha eventually grew tired of the other girls destroying her clothing so she attempted to run away. However she didn't make it far before the police found her and brought her back to the home she was staying at. Her attempt at running away did her no real good other than getting her foster mom to watch her more closely solving the bullying problem, it also left her with a taste for hiking.
One day when Agatha was about 14 she saw something rather strange while she was hiking. It appeared to be a giant black wolf with red eyes. Scared that she would be hurt by the gargantuan beast standing before her about 15 paces away she picked up a big rock and threw it at it. She was therefore terrified when the big rock went right through its head.
Immediately Agatha turned around and began to run for her life with the beast who she couldn't shoot chasing her in earnest. Agatha didn't even bother worrying about her beautiful dress she had made just last week and so the dress began to rip and tear horribly. Finally unable to take the suspense any longer Agatha turned around and as it tends to happen in every movie ever when you turn around to look you trip over a root. Just as Agatha was preparing to die and the beast was preparing to lunge Agatha heard the oddest sound she had ever heard, which she later learned was pan flute music.
Agatha watched in wonder as the tree she had landed on when she tripped reached up and grabbed the beast just as it began to get off the ground. The tree then proceeded to squish the poor beast until rather confusingly the giant beast which should have fed her for a month went and turned into golden dust. Immediately following that rather anticlimactic ending her savior came out of from behind the tree. Poor Agatha had apparently had one to many shocks because as soon as she saw her saviors goat legs she passed out.
Only to come to infront of a campfire forest with her savior using a pan to deep fry some potatoes he must have brought with him and chopped up. After seeing Agatha was awake her savior explained everything which was backed up by her father who confirmed it for her. So with this knowledge in hand and some celestial bronze arrows and a brand new celestial bronze bow Agatha and her furry companion began her year long journey to Camp Half-Blood only this time Agatha was determined that she would go to tartarus before she allowed herself to be an outcast again.
- Children of Melinoe can create weapons made of solid ectoplasm in order to aid them in combat. Only one weapon may exist at a time ,the longer the weapons are maintained, the more energy is drained. They can also coat their existing weapons in ectoplasm in order to temporarily strengthen them.
- Children of Melinoe can send shockwave-like blasts made of solid ectoplasmic energy which feel like a very powerful punch on contact, also momentarily stunning whoever it contacts.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to become intangible for short periods; making them immune to attacks but also unable to attack naturally.
- Children of Melinoe are able to manipulate the tangibility of ghosts around them to form a shield, that is no larger than the user, to protect themselves.
- Children of Melinoe are innately able to talk to and command ghosts, they can also help ghosts with any unfinished business that is keeping them tethered. They can also use this ghost to spy for them, or gather information.
- Children of Melinoe make the people around them uneasy and sometimes fearful as a result of their ghostly aura; they can turn this off for a long time if they desire.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a single poltergeist which will fight for them for a short time.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a banshee, which will instantly begin wailing and stun anyone who is not intangible for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, can travel in this manner as a ghost would, disappearing and appearing in another location, however the longer the travel the more it drains the user.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to transform a weapon into an intangible state for a short time, making it so no one can touch it. They also have the ability to possess an object for a short time and then attack or defend with it. If the object is struck, they are expelled from it.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to cause ghosts (up to 4) to attempt to possess a single other person’s body. The ghosts can then be commanded to temporarily control the body if it is an ally, or for an opponent the ghosts will only be able to hinder the possessed person from what they are doing. This only lasts for a short time, and the more ghosts that are summoned, the greater drain the user feels.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to shed their human nature and appear as either a demon or angel, as their mother has dual chthonian and heavenly aspects. As a demon, the user has the ability to strike fear and despair into the heart of the enemy and emit a scream similar to that of a banshee's. As an angel, the user is granted flight (as angels are often depicted as having wings), and have the ability to instil respect and peace into whomever they come in contact with. The use of this power is extremely draining, and the user can only chose to be either angel or demon, never a combination of the two. After use, the user cannot use the power again for 24 hours.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to enter a intangible ghostly apparition, in this state, they are immune to attacks, and can control up to 15 ghosts at a time. In this state they are also able to use ghostly power to lift, throw, move, teleport, or possess objects; They are also able to command another ghosts to possess an object, and control the movements of that object through the ghost possessing it. This ghostly state only lasts for a short time, and after exiting it, the user will be drained and unable to move, or possibly faint. However, the amount of ghosts the user controlled in this state, will attempt to protect the user for a small portion of the time that the user is incapacitated.
- Children of Melinoe usually enjoy talking to ghosts, preferring their company over the living.
- Children of Melinoe often have two sided personalities, one angelic and bright. The other demonic and dark.
- Children of Melinoe typically enjoy scaring people and are not easily frightened themselves
- Children of Melinoe sometimes grow up to be paranormal investigators.
|Edward Murray||Her dad||Even though he's dead Agatha adores him|
|Melinoe||Her mother||Agatha has never met her but she loves that she made her dad happy so she's willing to play nice for now.|