He is a person who can sometimes be considered hard to read--mysterious. If he was a movie, he would be the one with the genre of suspense. Sometimes, he loves to play around, sometimes, he's just real serious. Nobody could truly understand him--even he is still trying to know himself.
Ryuu's mother, Junko, was a well-known celebrity of Japan. Her well-earned good image all went down to nothing when she was caught in a scandal because of Hephaestus. They used to date secretly for a few months and then they did it. After nine months, Ryuuichi was born. Junko was selfish and only thought of her own image. Eager to get rid of the illegitimate child, they almost got killed in a car accident when Ryuu was just three years old. Junko was hurrying up so that no one could spot her with her son.
The two managed to survive but then it only ruined Junko's image even more. Ryuuichi's childhood was not so normal. He was always hidden by his mother and never let out in the public. He would always play by himself at home and talk to no one but he did manage to go to a normal school and had a few friends. He was told to never reveal the identity of his mother though.
Unlike the other children, his hobby is to figure out how his toys were assembled. For some reason, he just loved doing that. He would dismantle each and every one of them and then study each piece. Eventually, he would learn how to get them back together.
When he reached the age of thirteen, his encounter his first monster attack with a hellhound. It was supposed to be the time when his mother finally revealed him to the public but when he was left alone outside the studio for a moment, the hellhound came and chased him. Later, a half man half goat, called a satyr, came and helped him with the monster although all he could do was distract it for a moment. Ryuu had to do the attacking himself. The satyr handed him a celestial bronze weapon. What seemed to be a small flashlight was actually a sword.
While the satyr distracted the hellhound by growing vines through playing his reed pipe, Ryuuichi did all what he could to kill it. Thankfully, the hellhound was slow enough to turn around when the opponent was already behind. He stabbed it behind and then it disintegrated. Too dumbfounded by all the happenings, the satyr decided to just take him home and explain everything.
The satyr finally told Ryuuichi about everything and asked him to go to camp with him but he refused knowing the down side of coming with him. He wanted to live a normal life and so he asked the satyr to just leave him alone.
Of course, the satyr wouldn't do that and so he just let the boy live normally until he decided to come with him. While outside, the satyr helped Ryuu discover his skills and powers as a demigod. They had to fight monsters for like twice a month or so (not so frequent since he's not a child of the Big Three).
When he turned 18, he finally got tired of living outside camp--fighting off monsters. They have started to come more often since his scent has also become stronger as he aged.
He arrived to camp at the age of 18 at last.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to create and control fire; however, it is extremely chaotic and will burn anything near it no matter the intention of the child of Hephaestus. They can shoot fireballs, streams of fire and coat weapons in flame. The more fire summoned and controlled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hephaestus can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a wall of stone, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to temporarily block attacks
- Children of Hephaestus are innately extremely resistant to heat and fire.
- Children of Hephaestus are innately stronger and faster than others.
- Children of Hephaestus possess an ability to instantly understand how to use and wield any weapon they possess with no training beforehand.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to release heat from their hands in order to cauterize an open wound.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a smoke screen that suffocates and hinders enemies for a short time, using it to either escape or do one sneak attack
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to control a single mechanical object with their mind; doing so, however, immobilizes the child of Hephaestus until control is broken. This only works on objects mechanically controlled, not objects controlled by magic.
- Children of Hephaestus can telekinetically move weapons under their own possession and use. They can move up to 3 large weapons at a time, such as swords, axes and hammers. Or up to 10 small weapons such as throwing stars, knives and caltrops. The longer weapons are telekinetically held, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to curse an opponent’s weapons, armor and shields, make it softer, somewhat fragile or even rusted. This would last for a short time and make it easier for the user to attack. They can also repair weapons and armor with a thought and enchant weapons/armor to perform/defend against twice the amount of damage for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus are able to summon a humanoid automaton to fight for them for a short time, the automaton cannot be bigger than 2-3 times the size of the user. It may possess one weapon of the user’s choice and will take a basic appearance of a Greek soldier, but the user can customize their armor or facial appearance. The automaton will have no special abilities other than it’s strength, stamina and endurance. ( No powers over Electricity, Magnetism, Flight. etc) The user however has a hard time moving while the automaton is present. The automaton will follow any command of the user, after a short time the automaton will crumble and fall apart. The user will be left quite drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus can transform their bodies into pure metal for a short time, making them stronger and far more durable. They can also shift and transform parts of their body into weapons in this state. They also have the option to add an incredible amount of heat to their metal form, doing this would make the transformation even more draining than before. Choosing to become molten metal means the user burns anything they touch, enhancing their offensive abilities. Once the transformation is complete, the user is incredibly drained. Even moving wouldn’t be possible for a long time and they could possibly faint.
- Children of Hephaestus are known for making great mechanics and blacksmiths. Able to make, upgrade and repair all sorts of weapons, machines and devices including automatons, armor and transforming weaponry.
- Children of Hephaestus normally grow up to be excellent sculptors, stonemasons, architects,construction workers, carpenters and woodworkers.
- Children of Hephaestus normally feel comfortable in forges and other warm areas, making them great fire-fighters and volcanologists.
|Akai Junko||mother||not close|
|Hephaestus||father||not close either|