Alice is generally a very fun-loving and carefree teen with a very biting sense of humor. She loves to play pranks, tell bad jokes, and spend time with her friends. She also enjoys listening to music, traveling, musicals, and 80's movies. She's a very talented liar, and can be very persuasive. Her first resort is usually sarcasm, and she hates being blunt.
When Jessica Montegomery was 24, she became determined to hitchhike across as many of the states as possible. So, with nothing more than the money on her credit card ($23.76), $32 in her pocket, a spare change of clothes, and two pieces of bubblegum, Jessica set off. Somewhere inbetween seeing the largest ball of twine in Kansas and seeing the largest ball of stamps in Nebraska, she met Alice's father. The pair traveled around the U.S. together for a couple weeks before parting ways at House on the Rock in Wisconsin. A few weeks later, Jessica felt sick and, thinking back to the nights spent with Alice's father, took a pregnancy test. When the test came back positive, she headed to New York to live with her sister for a while. Nine months later, on July 13, Alice was born.
Right after Alice was born, Rebecca, Alice's aunt, received a visit from Alice's father. He had came to Rebecca out of the belief that Jessica would disregard his instructions, and end getting herself and their daughter killed. He gave her a gift to give to Alice when she was older, an old-fashioned key that would elongate into a sword if the top was twisted. Rebecca was confused, seeing as how she had never really used a sword before and how her preferred weapon was a bow, but promised to hold up her end of the bargain.
When Alice was young, her mother knew there was something different about her. Ignoring her better judgment, Jessica brushed that feeling aside. She started working long hours and late nights to put Alice through school, which caused Alice to act up for her mother's attention. When she was younger, it was pulling pranks and causing people she didn't like to randomly speak Russian or Japanese. When Alice was 7, she was very nearly expelled for stealing the keys to her principal's new car and filling the inside with bubbles. At age 9, she was almost caught shoplifting and arrested. Her mother became worried about her daughter's habits, and signed her up for a school for "troubled" kids. There, she was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. Her aunt recognized the signs of a demi-god, and started paying even closer attention to her niece.
When Alice turned 12, she encountered her first monster. Her mother and aunt had arrived at her school for Parents' Day when there was a horrible growling sound from the shadows. First the head emerged, the the black-as-tar body. It looked like an overgrown dog. Her aunt, a child of Apollo herself, saw the hellhound and rushed over to her niece. She handed her the key and hastily explained how it worked before running back to her mother. Alice watched as her aunt struggled to keep her mother from jumping into the fray and getting herself hurt. With shaking hands, she twisted the top of the key and watched as a bronze sword sprouted from it. Alice was so startled, she dropped her sword. Forcing herself to make a choice, her aunt ran over Alice in hopes of saving the poor girl from being hellhound chow. In a moment of insane courage, her mother ran over to the sword and grabbed the hilt. Planting herself firmly in front of her daught, Jessica raised the sword and met the first attack. The hellhound grabbed Jessica in it's mouth and threw her out of the way like a ragdoll, her body making a sickening crunch sound against the concrete wall.
The sword, which had been torn from her mother's grasp, clattered down in front of Alice, who quickly stooped down and picked up the blade. In a moment of blind rage, Alice ran towards the monster and, at the very last moment, slid under it, jabbing her sword upwards at whatever she could. the hellhound dissolved into dust, and covered a very stunned Alice. Her aunt rushed towards her, and practically dragged her out of the school to her car. Rebecca told Alice about how she had planned to take Alice to Camp Half-Blood when she was 13, where she had spent a great portion of her life when she was younger, but now had to take her at an earlier time. Alice, as stubborn as she was refused to go. Rebecca, unwilling to part with the last piece of her sister and best friend, kept Alice with her.
Rebecca spent the next 5 years avoiding monsters left and right, teaching Alice what she could along the way. She discovered Alice was highly adept at throwing projectiles in a confrontation with a harpy when she was 13, when Alice decided to throw her sword javelin style at the winged creature, and hit it in it's neck, turning it to dust. So, she did her best to teach her how to throw knives. Not convinced that would be enough to protect her niece after a dracnae attack, Rebecca was determined to teach her other weapons as well. Alice was decent at archery, as discovered in a moment of desperation where she ended up with her aunt's bow, and her aunt with her sword, while fighting a pair of telekhines when she was 15. Her aunt tried to teach her swordfighting as well. Unfortunately, Rebecca's knowledge of swords was limited at best, so their lessons didn't get very far, especially when a giant scorpion found their makeshift training ground on her 16th birthday. She finally settled on teaching her how to use a dagger, which she was decent at, and leant itself to Alice's natural dexterity. Their lessons came to an abrupt end when Alice was 17 and her aunt was injured in a chimera attack. Rebecca was wounded beyond either of their healing abilities, and instructed Alice to steal a car to take them to Camp.
As it turned out, this camp was in Long Island, which was a good couple hour drive from their halfway house on the outskirts of New Jersey. When Alice arrived at the address her aunt had given her, Rebecca looked like death warmed over. Alice, determined not to lose the last piece of her family, dragged her aunt out of the car and up the large hill, shouting for help the entire way. Campers had emerged to see what the commotion was, and most were surprised to see a teen dragging a heavily bleeding adult over the property, neither accompanied by a satyr. Alice, who was exhausted at this point, collapsed onto the ground, the sky spinning overhead. She pulled her aunt close, and was determined to keep her near her at all costs. The people started to converge around them, trying to take her aunt from her. In a desperate attempt to keep them away, Alice threw her aunt's dagger at the closest person, who very narrowly avoiding being impaled in the arm. Her vision was growing fuzzy, until she finally passed out. When she awoke a day later, her aunt explained that she would be staying at the camp for a while, and gave her her dagger as a goodbye present. She was claimed later that night at dinner.
- Children of Hermes are skilled thieves and are able to disarm an opponent and take their weapon easily.
- Children of Hermes can summon nearby animals to attack an opponent. The more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hermes are able to increase their speed and stealth in short bursts, making them faster than most and undetectable for a short time. However, they cannot have a weapon drawn so the speed is purely for evasion.
- Children of Hermes have innate reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Hermes are extremely proficient with thrown weapons.
- Children of Hermes are proficient in dodge-rolls.
- Children of Hermes have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which this can be used to dodge or attack.
- Children of Hermes possess enhanced stamina.
- Children of Hermes can sense and manipulate locks of all types. The more complicated the lock, the harder to manipulate.
- Children of Hermes are able to endow a pair a shoes with ethereal wings which grant the wearer temporary flight, they may use it for themselves or give them to another, however they are only able to go as high as just over the tree tops, and they only last for a couple of days at most before the wings lose power.
- Children of Hermes can cause a person or a group of people to speak in different languages so that no one understands what each other is saying, the effects only last a short time.
- Children of Hermes are able to trick another into doing something for them or revealing a secret to them; nothing guarantees the person will complete the task, if they figure out they are being tricked.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hermes are able to teleport themselves, since their father is the god of travel. The further the distance, the more energy drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hermes can temporarily steal 1-3 demigod powers from an opponent or ally for a few minutes, the user gains some knowledge of their new powers. The more powerful the stolen powers are and the more taken, the more energy is drained when the power theft wears off. (If the target doesn't have their 3/6/9 month powers, they cannot be stolen.)
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hermes can shift into a hawk for short periods of time granting them flight, the longer they retain this form, the more energy it drains and the more time they need to rest between transformations.
- Children of Hermes make excellent thieves.
- Since their father is god of astrology, children of Hermes tend to make great astrologists. Able to identify any constellation and use the stars to draw star maps.
- Children of Hermes often do well when competing in athletic contests.
- Because Hermes “invented” the Internet, his children are able to use the Internet without drawing any extra attention to themselves from monsters.
- Children of Hermes have excellent memories for remembering messages.
- Children of Hermes have excellent sense of directions, are able to find and travel to any location in the world with ease.
|Jessica Montegomery||Mother||Loves and adores her|
|Hermes||Father||Never met him, a bit curious though|
|Rebecca Montegomery||Aunt||Extremely grateful, loves her like a second mother|