A bit of a work hard/play hard personality. When there is something to be done, whether it's repairing something, fighting something, capture the flag, or training, she leaps in with gusto, sometimes figuratively sometimes literally.
Chicago, the Windy City, The City with Big Shoulders, the Heart of America; This is where Olivia Cirillo made her home.She was a simple woman, with simple needs. She worked in law enforcement, lived in a tiny apartment, never thinking she'd attract the attention of divinity. But on a very windy day, that's exactly what happened. It had started as any normal day would, Olivia was detaining someone in an alleyway. A quick check of the man had revealed drugs on his person...but he had somehow slipped free of his bonds and pulled a knife. Olivia hadn't been expecting it, but she stepped away from the blade as it swung for her. All of a sudden the wind picked up, blowing a whirlwind of garbage into the man's direct line of sight. It was enough for Olivia to unholster her stun gun...and half a second later the would be assaliant was on the ground twitching. She had no way of knowing...but she had just been saved by her daughter's future father.
Aeolus kept his distance for a while, watching her do the work of a hero. He occasionally took human form just to bump into her on the street. A few times, he'd even stop her to chat. Always the same few things; "Do you happen to have the time?" "Where's Roger's park?" 'and things of that nature. Finally he asked her "Listen...would you like to grab a bite to eat? I know a pizza place a little ways from here" Surprisingly, she rebuffed him at first. But after weeks of talking about this and that, she eventually decided to take him up on the offer.
They were together for 4 months before Olivia got the happy news. But it was then that her lover got a bit...busy. He was still that attentive, lovable schmuck she had fallen for, but his job just took him all over the place. Until one day, he just never came back. The plane he was supposedly on had gone down and she was alone again...or almost alone. A few months after he had vanished, Anemone (Her lover had insisted on the unusual name) entered the world.
Little Ann was always an excitable little ball of energy, so much so that just keeping up with her had taken most of Olivia's time when she was away from work. When Ann was old enough, Olivia enrolled her in every physical activity she could think of, from basketball to karate, trying to work that energy out. It didn't really help. Six times Ann came home with a little slip of paper, saying she had done something and gotten herself kicked out of school. Six times Ann had to switch schools, sometimes in the middle of the year. Then seventh grade happened. Ann had lasted the entire school year, she had scraped by with straight Cs, her ADHD was messing her up somethin' fierce, her 13th birthday loomed, but it looked like seventh grade was going to be the year she'd finally get a place to stay for longer than a year...then her world was twisted on it's head.
Gym class was the last class of the day, just a few laps around the gym and Ann would've finally made it through one whole year without something bad happening! Little did she know a construction job a few blocks away would disturb a nest of giant arachnids. Most burrowed deeper under ground but three caught the scent of half blood on the air and charged out of their nest to investigate.
Ann wasn't the first to hear the scuttling, creepy crawly sound, but she certainly saw them rip the door to the gym off its hinges. Everyone screamed, and started running...Ann was frozen to the spot as one particularly large bug charged her. It was about that time an heard a shrill "BONSAI!" from above. Both she and her assailant looked up just in time to see a man that Ann vaguely recalled as the school's janitor dropped from the ceiling. A bronze blade flashed and a second later the scorpion dissolved into golden powder. The other two hissed and began to charge. The man turned to Ann. "Think fast!" He shouted, tossing her a pair of glittering bronze swords. Ann yelped, ducking away from the blades, each one sticking into the floor a few feet away from her, but as a scorpion charged instinct took over. She spun backwards to avoid the claws, deftly scooping up her swords. As one pincer shot towards her she blocked with one of the blades and drove the other straight into the mouth parts of the scorpion, killing it instantly.
The man trotted over to Ann with a big smile on his face, the third scorpion also crumbling to dust behind him. He reached into his back pack slung over his shoulder, and retrieved a pair of fake feet...it was only then that Ann realized that every step the man took sounded like someone smacking a plank of wood on the floor. The janitor popped his fake feet over his cloven hooves and said "Kid, we got a lot to talk about." He waved at the bleachers "You might wanna have a seat"
The satyr then began to explain to her exactly what she was, who she was, and all sorts of other things. He had, apparently, been there for the better part of the year, trying to determine whether she was a half blood or just some troubled kid, they tended to get those from tie to time. He was just telling her about the camp in the east when her mother arrived on the scene. She had gotten a report that some huge SUVs had crashed into her daughter's school and...she came right over. Together the three talked...her mother called her father some very unflattering things once she realized the man was not only still alive, but immortal, and she had admitted that he had mentioned something about some sort of school or some such in New York while she was pregnant.
Days of discussion later, and they eventually came to the decision that they should leave for New York. Olivia put in her two weeks, and Ann and her keeper traveled alone to Camp Half blood. Olivia now works in the midtown precinct and Ann spends 90% of her time at camp, learning and teaching. Although her father claimed her a few hours after she arrived (which for a busy god like Aelous is remarkably quick) she spends much of her time outside her cabin, away from her half siblings. Not that she doesn't like them or anything like that...she just prefers the open air to the confines of the cabin. She has been trying to teach herself to fly with...mixed success. So far, all she can do is hover like a helium balloon, but it's still progress.
- Children of Aeolus have the ability to create a small tornado, about the size of the user, which can be sent across short distances to knock opponents off their feet or used to send small debris flying at opponents.
- Children of Aeolus are able to use air itself to slice objects, focusing a current of wind to the point where it takes on a sharp edge, which the caster launches at foes. Although this attack does usually slashing damage, some users are able to focus it into single piercing stab like a bullet.
- Children of Aeolus have the ability to create a dome shaped torrent of wind, roughly two or three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a very short time.
- Children of Aeolus have the ability to create powerful gusts of wind, however, the stronger the gust, the more it drains them. The gusts can be used to block incoming attacks.
- Children of Aeolus feel stronger when they are touched by strong winds they did not create.
- Children of Aeolus are innately able to lower air resistance and move faster on the ground, granting them an enhanced level of speed.
- Children of Aeolus can contain more air in their lungs than the average human, allowing them to survive longer when they cannot gather oxygen.
- Children of Aeolus have the ability to hover or fly, however, the longer they fly the more it drains them. Due to their rare ability to lower air resistance, users are able to fly faster than anyone else with the ability to fly.
- Children of Aeolus have the ability to call upon the winds to speed their movements or attacks; conversely this can also be used to slow the movements or attacks of others.
- Children of Aeolus can use the wind to either surround themselves to block enemies and projectiles or to surround an enemy trapping them within the winds. The longer they maintain the wind, the more it drains.
- Children of Aeolus can curse an opponent by draining some of the air from an opponent’s lungs and make it somewhat hard for them to breathe for a short time. This leaves them vulnerable to attack or giving the user a chance to flee.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aeolus can create a massive tornado, about five times the size of the user, which can be used to violently assault others with strong winds and debris.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aeolus can turn the air into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 3 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aeolus can shed their flesh and turn into pure wind, while in this state they are immune to attacks, can fly even faster than before and receive enhancements in their existing aerokinetic abilities. Once the transformation subsides, they are extremely exhausted. Barely able to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Aeolus are known to grow up to be amazing meteorologists, as they know all the current weather going on in a certain area.
- Children of Aeolus typically enjoy flying and high places, enabling them to become astounding pilots and hot air ballooners.
- Children of Aeolus are often claustrophobic when in tight places or underground.
- Since their father presides the four directional wind gods, children of Aeolus have what could be described as a mental compass. Able to tell where the four main directions are most of the time.