Annabelle is artistic, adventurous and irresistible.
Aristic | She loves to paint pictures of the seas and displays her creativity through different mediums and perspectives of the subject
Adventurous | She loves to take risks because she believes life is too short to not live it to the fullest. She likes to go cave diving despite the dangers and wants to explore the unexplored. She also likes to go swimming in the ocean and swim far from land.
Irresistble | She has this charm where people are automatically drawn to her as she has a way with words. She also is aware that she is beautiful and uses it to her advantage when necessary.
Spirited | She's energetic and happy in negative circumstances. She focuses on the present rather than the past and the future.
Stubborn | She wants what she wants and won't stop till she gets it. Exhibit A: Jayden
Independent | Because of her mother's two jobs she has learned to be independent and live by herself. She likes to spend time alone unless it's with Jayden.
??? | Unquestionable personality trait that draws her back to her one true love. Their relationship is interesting and she still won't leave him despite the fact that he hurt her too many times.
Swim, study and work- that was all what Roxanne Jacobs did while she attended the local community college to save enough money to get away from her hometown. She worked at the ice cream store at Fisherman's Wharf spending those summer days scooping up ice cream to happy families and tourists. Despite the fact that she was working too hard during class and staying up late to catch up on homework, she still maintained her sunny personality to everyone. Everyday, she watches as people from her city and around the world dine at the seafood restaurants , watch ships at the marina, or buy merchandise in cozy gift shops. Roxanne was closing up the shop as the number of customers dwindled out of the door and went to flip over the open sign until a man knocked and peered inside. He was the most beautiful man she had ever seen with his deep green eyes and pearly whites. The man, who she later learned was Scott, apologized for coming so late and tipped her a twenty dollar bill along with his phone number.
Scott became integrated into her summer routines as the two would spend days of adventures at the beach and kissing under the stars. He was her world and she wanted him to be more than a summer fling. The day that they went to Big Sur and gazed at the beautiful waves that crashed against the soft edges of the sand was the last day they would spend together. Scott ghosted her by not answering or leaving any messages, as if he never existed at all. Roxanne was devastated because she fell in love with the man who she met at the ice cream shop and that she gave up so much of her time to be with him. Because of nausea, mood swings, and food cravings, she concluded that she was pregnant. Scared because her parents were dead and she didn't have anyone to turn to, she was lost and afraid. Her dreams of getting away from Monterey were ruined because all of her finances went to pay for baby products. As she watched the waves turn from her apartment, she cursed Scott and the way he made her feel.
Annabelle was born on April 7th, 1998. Initially, Roxanne resented the baby girl inside of her because she would always be reminded of Scott and her dreams of leaving were ruined, but once she looked into Annabelle's baby blues she smiled. Roxanne struggled with balancing taking care of the infant while working- there was no solution other than leaving community college. She would cry at night, not knowing if she would make enough money for the both of them and didn't want to live in the world. Roxanne spent her nights at the bar, speaking nonsense to the bartender and spilling her sorrows with vodka. One time, she blacked out and a man attempted to take her home however a blonde woman intervened and brought Roxanne back to her home. The mysterious woman also changed Annabelle's diaper and fed her while she sobered up. The woman was a sea nymph located at the Monterey Bay who was sent by Poseidon. Ariel, the name she introduced herself with, said that she had a daughter and to get her act together. Ariel also revealed who Scott really was and that he didn't want to leave her, but he had to because he had duties in Olympus and left the distraught woman with a letter from him.
Ariel became an aunt to Annabelle and would take care of her whenever Roxanne had to work. Unfortunately, Roxanne had to work two jobs to pay for all of the baby expenses and rent. She worked as a waitress at a seafood restaurant while working in a candy shop at the Fisherman's Wharf. Annabelle had a relatively good childhood because she had two people who loved her- her mother and Ariel and took care of her basic necessities. She was content and grateful that she had people who she loved and a home despite the fact that she couldn't afford many of the luxuries that the other children had. She would spend her time at the wharf where she visited her mom at worked, go shopping or go sailing on her friend's parent's boats. Annabelle loved going to the beach where she went swimming, she always felt like she had a bond with the ocean. In addition, she enjoyed trips to the Monterey Aquarium as she watched the sea creatures in amazement and felt fascinated with them. Her first attack was when she was thirteen as a swarm of birds swooped swiftly at the young girl. Ariel played loud music on her phone and sliced the monsters into dust and rushed the shock demigod back to her home. Roxanne just gave her the letter and polaroids of Scott and her, leaving her alone in the room to comprehend the situation.
In high school, she was apart of the water polo and swim team because of her swiftness in the waters. She wasn't popular yet had a group of close friends and decent grades. In free time, she would go cave diving in the bay to explore the unexplored. Annabelle felt a thrill in finding new locations to explore and was an adventurous girl.
She had occasion attacks however Ariel would always be there to save the day. Annabelle didn't date or find anyone attractive until she felt him... Jayden McKara was her soulmate, he had consumed her every thought and felt as if time had stopped everytime they looked at each other. Jayden asked her out and the rest was history- the pair dated for two years and Annabelle knew that he would be her first and last date. She wanted to be with him forever until death due them apart. Unfortunately, Jayden had to move away and she didn't know where and for how long.
She felt lost and confused without Jayden by her side. She didn't know if she wanted to go to college or not and didn't plan on anything except to live life with her ex-boyfriend. Ariel and Roxanne, not knowing what to do, brought her to Camp Half Blood to think things through with people like her. She has been at camp for a few days and doesn't know what to do next.
- Children of Poseidon can fire a powerful blast of water from their hands, equivalent to that of a fire hose, which evaporates after a short time.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure and freeze small amounts of water into durable ice weapons, which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of ice.
- Children of Poseidon can create an area around themselves that inflicts others with intense seasickness, making them dizzy and nauseous for as long as they remain inside. The user must keep their focus on maintaining the effect for the duration.
- Children of Poseidon can turn their body to water for a very short time, letting an attack pass harmlessly through them. This can cause extreme dehydration with repeated use.
- Children of Poseidon can breathe, are swifter and more powerful, and can heal slightly faster while underwater.
- Children of Poseidon can keep themselves and everything they touch dry in the water, unless they choose to become wet.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from any altitude as long as they land in water, and can go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the cold or water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon can communicate with and command equestrian animals, as well as all creatures that dwell in the sea.
- Children of Poseidon are innately less inhibited by severe wind and precipitation.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, large enough to knock anyone nearby off their feet, for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains. This can be used on ice, but is much more difficult and draining.
- Children of Poseidon are are able summon a specific horse, pegasus, or sea creature directly to their position, regardless of distance. This only works on creatures that they have a strong personal bond with.
- Children of Poseidon can calm, strengthen or influence the direction of the winds, though to a much lesser extent than children of Zeus or the anemoi.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create a torrential rainstorm overhead, which will downpour and cause high winds over a large area. The storm will gradually clear over time, and afterward the user would be substantially drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to shape a semi-living construct out of water, no larger than 3 to 4 times the size of the user, that fights for them for a short time. The user is weakened while the construct is active, and the longer they maintain the it, the more energy it drains.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform their bodies into a state of pure water for a short time, becoming immune to most attacks. The hydrokinetic abilities they already possess are enhanced by this state, and they are capable of covering great distances in an instant while underwater. The user will be extremely drained once the transformation ends, and could possibly faint.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water and are able to innately feel the difference between freshwater and saltwater.
- Children of Poseidon normally have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
- Children of Poseidon tend to be favored by animals of the sea.
- Children of Poseidon often have a natural affinity for horses and many grow up to become equestrians.
- I don't really know much about you, I've seen you in pictures and from the stories my mom used to tell me. I don't blame you for leaving, but I would like to meet you one day.
Roxanne Jacobs - I'm so thankful for you, thank you for being a caring mother and friend. I appreciate you doing everything for me and I'm sorry you never got to leave home.
Ariel - I'm so glad dad sent you here. Love you auntie <3
Jayden McKara - Love of my life, I can't live without you.