“Even as a child, I have preferred night to day, I've enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star-speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed. It softened the sharp edges of the world, toned down the too-harsh colors. With the coming of twilight, the sky seemed to recede; the universe expanded. The night was bigger than the day, and in its realm, life seemed to have more possibilities.”
- Arthur Williams
Arthur Williams (Αρθούρος Ουίλιαμς) is a Greek demigod and a son of Astraeus. He is also known under the alias Son of the Stars. Arthur is currently at the Camp Half-Blood and is residing in the Astraeus Cabin.
Arthur is a young, average height slim man who has normal length brown hair, brown eyes and a muscular body. He, unlike most of the campers, doesn't wear the traditional camp outfit. He rather wears a dark blue T-shirt and a green plaid shirt, ripped black jeans panths which are held up by a black leather belt. He also wears black All Star shoes and silver chain bracelet around his left wrist, His camp necklace with three beads and his first guitar pick is always around neck. Also, due his eye-sight problems, Arthur is forced to wear black framed standard glasses.
Arthur's primary weapon, golden bow and arrows, is always kept on his back, unless it's in its ring form. Then, Arthur wears it as a ring. He keeps his golden pocket watch in the pocket on his shirt, alongside his star shaped good luck charm. On more formal occasions, Arthur wears black panths, long-sleeved white shirt with a black tie and black oxford shoes, or tight black wool panths with a little white embroidery on the right legging, a black silk velvet period doublet with heavy gold bullion embroidery and brass embellishments and an ivory silk dickie with black ribbon.
Despite his past experiences that mostly consisted of discrimination, Arthur is very caring and passionate towards others and is more than willing to offer his help to those in need. He is a very loyal friend, and most likely will lose his temper if they are harmed in anyway. Arthur is often willing to go through drastic means to avenge or defend those dear to him, even if it means putting his own life on the line.
Arthur has a small reputation for having a minor reckless streak though, it often manifest itself as selflessness and also habit of not backing away from a fight when someone he cares about is in need, despite his normally passive attitude. He has shown to rush into things and leaves it up to luck to decide what will happen next. This habit seems to stem from his laid-back side that will go with the flow. He seems to not have a great belief in a higher power, but still possess a fairly firm belief in fate and destiny, showing that he will often contradict himself sometimes.
When angered, in life-or-death combat, or a serious situation a side of Arthur that he hides underneath his carefree and comedic exterior is revealed. This side of him that he commonly hides is rather dark and shrewd in nature and reveals to be man who is more mature then he leads on at times. He is cunning and capable of thinking several steps ahead of those around him or even his opponent, giving him remarkable talent for making those people act exactly as he wishes despite appearing not to have had a hand in their decisions. He is particularly observant, taking into consideration even the smallest details of his surroundings in order to better understand and deal with challenges. This side of his personality also harbors a little rage and despair that was caused by his traumatizing childhood.
Even though appearing simple minded at times, Arthur is truly an intellectual, as he is capable of understanding things that the majority people of would not. He has repeatedly demonstrated a depth of understanding that would seem to surpass most Mages of his age. He is capable such acts as knowing roughly what is going to happen in the future based on actions of the people involved and other evidence.
"In the land of Gods and Monsters, I was an angel, living in the garden of evil."
- Arthur about his past life
Vanessa Williams is a successful woman. She is an artist, actress and a singer. In 1998, she filmed a Movie called Dance with Me, which lured Astraeus. He took the appearance of a young man and at the night after the premiere, Arthur was conceived. Astraeus was with Vanessa for nine months. Arthur was born on December 25, 1998 in New York. Astraeus told Vanessa that he is actually a god and that he needs to get back at Olympus. Vanessa had a breakdown and has tried to kill Arthur, but Astraeus stopped her. She thought that if she kept trying, Astraeus will keep coming back, but he didn't. She realised that the risk was too big and stopped doing it.
However, Astraeus didn't trust her. He sent one of the nymphs from the camp to keep a closer look at Vanessa. Her name was Emily. Thanks to the mist, Emily looked like an ordinary woman. Due the fact that Vanessa was a busy woman, she needed a nanny. Emily moved in Vanessa's mansion and became Arthur's nanny. Vanessa decided to hide Arthur from the publicity. Emily knew that he was a demigod and a child of Astraeus. Thus, she accepted his music talent. At the age of three, he was able to memorize easy kid songs and sing them like a professional. Then Astraeus contacted her. He told Emily that she should try to teach him a foreign language, French to be more precise. Due Arthur's excellent memory, he was able to memorize the basic words and was capable of making simple sentences. His dyslexia didn't stop him from learning French and he decided it won't stop him in anything, anytime. He became determined. Vanessa was proud of him, but was still hiding him from the media.
At the age of six, Arthur got registered at primary school. He was an excellent pupil and he caught everyone's attention due the fact that he was interested in constellations and space. Luckily, no one figured out that he was a demigod. Suddenly, at the age of six he lost the interest for constellations what-so-ever, but he became obsessed with guitars. He started to get tutored by an unknown man. The man said he has a natural talent for the guitar, as well for singing. He suggested that he starts making covers for old songs, such as The Beatles' songs. Arthur asked Vanessa, but she refused angrily. Also, she fired the man and has confiscated Arthur's guitar. Vanesa thought that she was protecting him that way.Unlike other demigods, Arthur didn't have much problems with school. He didn't made any incidents and was just like any other normal child. For his tenth birthday he got a gold star shaped good luck charm from Vanessa. She told him that it was special and as long as he had it, nothing bad would happen to him. He listened to her and always carried it around in his pocket. At the age of eleven, Vanessa bought Arthur a Gibson Guitar which he played almost all the time.
Arthur reached thirteen and things drastically changed. One day, he was in a park and a wild Dracanae appeared out of nowhere and has started to chase him. As the beast was three feet behind him, he hit it with his guitar, but nothing happened. Since he wasn't able to defeat it, he decided to outsmart it. He ran and was hoping that a car would hit it and it happened, but nothing happened. He was still running, but the Dracanae was a lot faster then him and was slowly catching up with him. After 30 seconds, the Dracanae was 10 meters away behind him. He realised it was futile to run and decided to battle it with his own fists. He put his hands forwards, trying to protect himself but a beam of plasma was shot from his hands. However, it didn't hurt Dracanae much, but it scared it. The Dracanae ran away in fear. Arthur came home and told Emily what has happened to him. She quickly packed his stuff and told him that they need to hurry before other monsters come. Emily left Vanessa a note that said that they left at the camp due the fact that Arthur got attacked by a monster. They took Vanessa's car and headed towards Camp Half-Blood.
- "I like to think of myself as just a boy who happens to have powers. And it's just one thing in a list of attributes - loyal, friendly, honest, can summon stars, great voice, you know."
- - Arthur about his powers
Trilingual: Arthur is capable of speaking English (his mother tongue), Greek (like every Greek demigod) and French (taught to him by his nanny). This ability has been shown to be very helpful when he was dueling a demigod who could read Arthur's mind (he didn't understand it).
High Intellect: Arthur has an IQ of 122 and he has shown as a great strategist. However, his tactics aren't always successful and there's a 29% chance that the tactic will fail. Because of this, he often develops several tactics and changes them in the middle of a battle to confuse his opponents.
Bad Handwriting: Arthur is usually thinking too fast and wants to write everything down, resulting in writing faster than most people do. Arthur's handwriting is hard to read, sometimes even unreadable due to the deformity and illegibility of characters. Arthur has stated that sometimes not even he can read what he wrote.
Talented Musician: Arthur is naturally a talented musician, due his mother being one. Arthur is able to play the guitar and his voice is so clear that it's compared to crystals and it carries a beautiful tone. He also writes his own music based on the emotions he can't express, such as love.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure weapons out of plasma which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to focus an intense beam of plasma which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- Children of Astraeus generate an orbit around themselves for a short time, all attacks and people near the user get caught in the orbit, causing them to fly around, unable to attack the user. The user cannot move while the orbit is active.
- Children of Astraeus are innately stronger during the night.
- Children of Astraeus have the innate ability to see in all directions at once during the night.
- Children of Astraeus can innately adapt to most natural planetary environments within reason, meaning they're less likely to die of heat stroke and hypothermia.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will alight an area or blind an enemy for a short time.
- Children of Astraeus can manipulate the force of gravity of the planet and change the direction and force of it. They can cause items to float or stick to the ground for a short time or cause them to fly into a certain direction. Once the curse wears off, the item is immune to further use of it for a moderate time.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to use the gravity pull of the planet to slow down enemies for a short time, giving them a high chance to avoid an opponent’s attack or prevent an opponent from avoiding one of the user’s attacks.
- Children of Astraeus can limit gravity’s effect on their own bodies, causing them to float up and fly. The longer they fly the more it drains them.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure a small supernova, which will burn at anything in its wake on a 10m radius, as well as producing a loud booming sound coming from the explosion. It cannot differ friend from foe and will affect anyone or anything nearby.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the power to cause up to three constellations to appear in their physical forms to fight alongside them. Each constellation will appear as an enlarged version of the thing it is based on except for human based constellations such as Orion which will be the size of a human. Constellations will dissipate after a short time, leaving the user moderately drained. Ex: If the user summons the Cancer constellation, it will be a giant crab that cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to change the surface and mass of their bodies to reflect the surface and mass of a planet in the solar system of their choice for a short time. For example, if the user wishes to turn their body into flames, they would adopt the surface of Mercury. No matter which planet they choose to assimilate with, they will be extremely drained after the transformation and they can only use the power once per fight. They may switch planets while in this state. Ex: The user is reflecting Earth to reach an opponent and then reflects Mercury to attack them. Once in this state, they lose access to their other powers. Excluding those that are passive.
- Children of Astraeus often wield innate knowledge of constellations, space and other planets in the solar system.
- Children of Astraeus can tell the time, date and their location simply by looking at the sky.
- Children of Astraeus typically dream of becoming astronauts, to explore the stars and other planets.
Bow and Arrows
Golden bow is Arthur's primary weapon. After arriving at the Camp Half-Blood, he realised he wasn't as skilled with meele weapons (ex. swords, daggers...), but he was really good with bow and arrows, which resulted in them being his primary weapon. After breaking his first bow, he decided to create his "unique" bow, with special design. It is a golden standard recurve bow with little star ornaments on its body. Alongside bow, his quiver is also specially designed for him, with the same star ornaments over it. When not in use, it can turn into a golden ring. The arrows have a celestial bronze tip and can return into Arthur's quiver thanks to a spell one of Hecate's children did.
Good Luck Charm
Good Luck Charm is technically not a weapon of any kind, but Arthur uses it to protect himself from negative energies. It is golden and shaped like a star and has Arthur's initials engraved within (A.W.). It was given to him as a present for his tenth birthday. It has a great sentimental value to him.
- Arthur is the first character I made.
- Arthur's appearance is based of R.J. King (model).
- If you want to RP with me, simply leave a message on my talk page