Avery stays in her workshop most of the time working on her bots and thinking of ways to improve them, booms are often heard from inside the airship as a creation went wrong. Most of her work does involve explosives and her bots and airship often resulting in a small improvement, she would rather be on her airship testing out new things out in a deserted place than be stuck at camp. As she progresses on her airship and bots she may explore other things but for now those are enough.
For years, the gods and goddesses have watched on while the humans developed through the years, as they advanced both personally and technologically. Lately one thing has become quite clear to them; humans have a habit of being very irresponsible when it comes to their environment and the animals that reside within that environment. They came to a decision, fearing for the safety and longevity of their sacred animals, they have decided to create a special group of nymphs to help protect their sacred animals.
These nymphs’ life forces are each attached to the animal they are a nymph of; if that animal becomes extinct, the nymph will die. The gods considered the fact that there are thousands of animals and creatures that roam the earth, but not wanting to over extend their powers, they have decided to only concern themselves with the animals that are sacred to them.
When they aren’t out in the world helping other nymphs and helping to protect their animals, they spend their time at camp.
Avery was created by Hephaestus to protect ospreys, along with her "brother" Ollie. However, the scatterbrained smith-god might've put a bit too much of himself in the nymphs - rather than leaving the nest to perform their duty, they stayed home and took up their creator's craft. It was a few months before Hephaestus realized that neither of them had even left the lab in pursuit of their purpose, but by that point the pair were too skilled to send away. Every day Hephaestus's apprentices would run over beaming with pride to show off a new invention. Looking at their enthusiasm and blossoming talent, Hephaestus couldn't bear to tell them to stop. He saw himself in them. Reluctantly, he decided not to push them away. Before long he was smiling with them over every new trinket, proud as a father.
Avery had been apprenticing under hephaestus for the past 5 years. When she finally departed from hephaestus’s workshop, satisfied with her airship and bots. She flew over the Atlantic ocean, looking at many things as she flew such as dolphins darting in and out of the water. As a few days passed, she came into a sudden storm. Visibility was low from the clouds, Avery became alert sensing something monstrous below her. Suddenly the airship rocked as something large smashed into it, she ordered tyranny and valor to battle stations, as she had just remembered she never loaded the cannons, she set the engines to full power trying to escape the storm, swerving so as to avoid more hits. She had regretted not adding spotlights, as she escapes the storm with the ship barely holding together, the engines slowly giving out. After an hour's time she spotted the camp and crash-landed on the shore sliding to a halt, Avery stepped out from the wreckage as small patches of fire dotted the ship “nailed it”.
All Animal Nymphs
- They have a telepathic/empathetic connection with nature and other nymphs. They also have a special, stronger connection with other animal nymphs.
- As they are nymphs they do not age, remaining eternally young.
- Their senses of smell, sight and hearing are enhanced, enabling them to sniff out monsters, track down demigods, etc.
- They are able to summon animals to aid them; they have the best control over their own animal type.
Specific to each Animal Type
- Each type of animal nymph has its life force attached to that species, so if a species were to go extinct the nymphs would die.
- Each nymph is able to change into the type of animal he/she is, and only that type. So the bear nymph could not turn into a mouse, but he/she could turn into a grizzly bear, black bear, polar bear, etc.
- While in animal form they have all the normal abilities of their animals. So if the nymph is a hawk nymph he/she can fly.
- While in regular nymph/person form, they only retain passive characteristics/traits from their animals. So if the nymph is a hawk nymph, perhaps he/she remains claustrophobic in enclosed spaces but cannot fly.
- Vary between species.