Avril is shy and barely talks. She expresses her feelings through flower language, giving flowers to people that symbolise what she feels about them at the moment. She's soft-spoken and finds it hard to make people listen to her. She dislikes it when people treat he like a child or like she might break and finds it very hard to make friends since she often passes as invisible
Jefferson Lidell was a florist in East End. Awfully poor, he was barely able to pay the monthly rent for his house. But his love for flowers was like no other. Even the worse garden looked more alive with one of his flowers. It was like he had an empathic link with them.
That attracted Persephone to him. Escaping from one of her mother’s long talks about how she should stay at the Olympus during the whole year and forget about Hades, she found Jefferson selling flowers near the train station.
She was enchanted by how beautiful and healthy they were and started talking to the boy who sold them. Modest, he stood firm to his claim that the only thing his flowers had was earth and love. Jefferson was incredibly shy and seeing such a gorgeous woman talking to him so excitedly made him nervous. The goddess seemed oblivious to it though.
She asked if she could visit his garden and he shyly agreed. When she got to his cheap and badly maintained house, she seemed curious as to how flowers could grow only in the small garden he improvised in his basement.
She saw how his love for flowers was such that it breathed life to them even in a lifeless place like East End. And that love made her fall in love with him. Somehow she was able to convince the shy Jefferson to date her and sleep together. But Demeter was growing restless without her daughter by her side during her short period in the Olympus and forced her to go back without saying good bye to her lover.
In silent apology, she blessed his small garden so his flowers bloomed so beautifully, he soon got enough money to buy a small flat for himself in a better part of town. Imagine his surprise when nine months later on an April night when he was coming back from work, a small baby is at his doorstep with an azalea flower on her tiny hands.
There was a note with her telling Jefferson that the little girl was a demigod and that once she was of age, she’d need protection and to be taken somewhere safe. There was no name at the end of it, but he knew it came from Persephone (who he had believed was only a girl with an odd name). He took the little girl in and took care of her, and named her Avril since she appeared at his door in April.
Avril grew up as a shy girl much alike her father. She had her mother’s hair and eyes which only pained her father everytime he looked at her. He treasured Avril the most and could not bear to see her get hurt. He was overly protective and almost didn’t let her go to her first day of pre-school, afraid she might get hurt.
She learned how to express her feelings through flowers and barely spoke. No one really noticed her in class and she passed by as a no one to most of her classmates. She felt lonely and constantly wore a lavender heather on her hair, a flower that symbolizes loneliness.
That was until she was ten and an odd boy named Dimitri came to her school. He seemed sad and lonely so she offered him an yellow rose, an offer of friendship. They became good friends and soon, after he told her he liked her; she gave him an ambrosia and left him to figure out what that meant. When he did, he came to her and kissed her.
They dated for a few years until Dimitri came to tell her he was a demigod and she told him that she was a demigod as well. They trained together and their relationship only got stronger until a Cyclops attacked them. They were barely able to defeat it and when they did, Jefferson and Katherine, Dimitri’s mother, bought them tickets to go to New York so they could go to the safe place Persephone had mentioned, Camp Half-Blood.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to shoot multiple rose thorns out from their hands which can inflict pain on their opponents and distract them.
- Children of Persephone can turn inanimate objects into a flowers for a short time, this can be used for a multitude of purposes. The larger the object the more draining it is.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to create a massive wall of flowers, roughly two to three times the size of the user, as a shield, although will instantly begin to die away following its creation.
- (Spring/Summer Only) They are able to communicate with animals. (Fall/Winter Only) They can communicate with the dead.
- Children of Persephone have the innate ability to talk flowers to life, either making them grow more quickly or bringing them back from a recent death.
- Can create flowers from nothing, but they only last for a short time, and the larger the flower the more drain on the user.
- In the Fall/Winter Months only they are able to travel into the Underworld freely, as their mother resides there
- In the spring/summer months they can create travel roses, in the fall/winter months they can shadow travel.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Persephone, can summon ivy in order to bind others within their embrace for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Persephone are able to manipulate the growth in a small area around them/near them to suddenly become over grown upwards of 2 to 3 times taller than the size of the user, this can be used to conceal themselves from an emmy or to hinder an enemies advance
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Persephone can summon large plants in the vicinity to come alive and either attack or traps someone within their embrace, the hold over the plants only lasts for a short time and the user is incapaciatated while they are controlling them
- Children of Persephone retain a youthful appearance for longer than most, this starts around the age of 12
- Children of Persephone are generally happier in the spring and summer months, and more solemn/melancholy in the fall and winter months.
|Jefferson Lidell||Father||I love him, though he can be a bit overprotective at times|
|Persephone||Mother||She must be nice by all that father says|
|Dimitri "Dimi" Anatoli||Boyfriend||I love him *blush*|