Kind at first, but can be very deceiving. She likes to pickpocket people for their money and other things, including cell phones. She hates goody two shoes and she wishes she could pound their faces in. Other than that, if you get on her good side, she'll be friendly. Also, she is easy to anger.
Moxie Altair was a nurse. She worked from early morning to late night, every day except for Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. On a snowy Saturday afternoon, she decided to go out to a restaurant since she hadn't been able to go out due to her job of always working. She met a man who was also sitting alone and they conjoined tables.
They talked for about three hours, almost until the restaurant closed. The man went back to the house with her, and they had sex. About two to three months later, she tested for pregnancy due to always feeling sick, the test was positive. Six months later, Beatrice Tyler Altair was born.
The man left a note, and a slick bronze necklace. Moxie never knew why the man left due to how good the sex was that they had, but the note explained why he left, and a lot of other secrets that Moxie wouldn't even thought of the man she met at a restaurant on her day off. The note read:
"Dear Moxie, Our daughter, Beatrice, please let her read this note when she comes of age, but other than that, let me start explaining. My name is Hermes, Greek god of thieves. I left because of godly things beginning at Olympus. There is a camp in Long Island, but our daughter does not know of it yet. It may not seem right for a child that grows up with someone they know and love, but if you want her to live, let her go there. It doesn't seem like a child at a very young age to go there, but it is the right thing to do. Hopefully this helps, Love Hermes."
Moxie didn't know what to do, but she packed up her things and the two of them moved to Long Island. Beatrice was a very quiet baby, didn't seem very loud, didn't cry too much, Moxie didn't know what Hermes was talking about at all. When she got older, that's when everything began plummeting down hill.
When kindergarten began, Beatrice found out she had ADHD and dyslexia, but the teachers found out before she did. She would spell words wrong, and could never sit still. She would fail easy tests with grades lower than 60's. Her mother was disappointed, but still followed Hermes' word.
First grade was about the same as kindergarten. She still failed simple tests and managed just to squeeze into second grade. She got slightly better in classes, managing to get her grades to a B average. Third grade was about the same with the B average, as well as forth and fifth was the changing point.
Beatrice had turned eleven that morning, and she was given a beautiful bronze necklace with the charm of two winged shoes that belonged to Hermes. She was coming home from school and she had just gotten off the bus, and she was walking down the gravel road down to her driveway. When out of nowhere, a Harpy flew out of the tree and bashed right into Beatrice, making her yank her necklace as she fell to the ground.
When she got up, her necklace had turned into a Celestial Bronze double bladed Bo staff. Beatrice was confused, but she knew she had to kill this bird thing after what it just did to her. The Harpy let out a blood-curdling screech as it swooped back down at Beatrice. She put the Bo staff up, aligning it with the left wing of the bird woman. When the Harpy tried to dodge the blade, she swooped up, slicing her wing. She collided with a tree and fell to the ground, letting out another blood curdling scream.
She took her Bo staff and walked over to the injured Harpy. She rose the staff and plummeted it down into the Harpy's forehead, making her body burst into golden ashes. Beatrice sprinted to her house and began telling her mom about the story the Harpy attack.
Moxie knew it was time, and finally decided that she needed to get her daughter to camp. But, she didn't think that her daughter was old enough to go to camp, when Beatrice turned 13, which was after an attack by an Orthus at age twelve. The monster attack during her thirteenth year of age was a hellhound that attacked her when she was coming home early on an early release day. She managed to dodge an attack and kill it with her Bo staff. Beatrice told beer mother about the attack. Her mom finally came to a conclusion to take her daughter to camp.
After another few days of looking through, they went into the woods and spent a night looking, when they were close, a Hellhound pounced from the shadows and went to attack Beatrice, she ducked and the hellhound's claws collided with Moxie's chest.
She took her Bo staff and shoved it into the hellhound's back, making it yelp, then burst into ashes. "Go on without me." Those words echoed in her head as she sprinted through the gates, she now had a father who she didn't know, a mother who was dead, and she was at a place that she had no clue what it was. But, people in the Big House explained everything.
- Children of Hermes are skilled thieves and are able to disarm an opponent and take their weapon easily.
- Children of Hermes can summon nearby animals to attack an opponent. The more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hermes are able to increase their speed and stealth in short bursts, making them faster than most and undetectable for a short time. However, they cannot have a weapon drawn so the speed is purely for evasion.
- Children of Hermes have innate reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Hermes are extremely proficient with thrown weapons.
- Children of Hermes are proficient in dodge-rolls.
- Children of Hermes have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which this can be used to dodge or attack.
- Children of Hermes possess enhanced stamina.
- Children of Hermes can sense and manipulate locks of all types. The more complicated the lock, the harder to manipulate.
- Children of Hermes are able to endow a pair a shoes with ethereal wings which grant the wearer temporary flight, they may use it for themselves or give them to another, however they are only able to go as high as just over the tree tops, and they only last for a couple of days at most before the wings lose power.
- Children of Hermes can cause a person or a group of people to speak in different languages so that no one understands what each other is saying, the effects only last a short time.
- Children of Hermes are able to trick another into doing something for them or revealing a secret to them; nothing guarantees the person will complete the task, if they figure out they are being tricked.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hermes are able to teleport themselves, since their father is the god of travel. The further the distance, the more energy drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hermes can temporarily steal 1-3 demigod powers from an opponent or ally for a few minutes, the user gains some knowledge of their new powers. The more powerful the stolen powers are and the more taken, the more energy is drained when the power theft wears off. (If the target doesn't have their 3/6/9 month powers, they cannot be stolen.)
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hermes can shift into a hawk for short periods of time granting them flight, the longer they retain this form, the more energy it drains and the more time they need to rest between transformations.
- Children of Hermes make excellent thieves.
- Since their father is god of astrology, children of Hermes tend to make great astrologists. Able to identify any constellation and use the stars to draw star maps.
- Children of Hermes often do well when competing in athletic contests.
- Because Hermes “invented” the Internet, his children are able to use the Internet without drawing any extra attention to themselves from monsters.
- Children of Hermes have excellent memories for remembering messages.
- Children of Hermes have excellent sense of directions, are able to find and travel to any location in the world with ease.
|Moxie Altair||Mother||She enjoys her|
|Hermes||Father||Never seen him|