Brandon is a very nice person. He likes to talk to people, but if they pry to close he'll back out. He is very shy and quiet around older males, something that is contributed to his past. He is always wearing long clothing to hide his scars and old burn marks. He is somewhat cold to strangers but will warm up to them once he gets to know them. He is also very cunning and has a very morbid side to him, something that hardly come out.
Brandon's history is a very dark, scary place. It all started when his birth mother, Amelia Sonni, was out one day, late at night. Amelia was in a hard place. Her "boyfriend", Tony, had sold her into trafficking slavery. She had to sell her body to perverted, married men. She lived and worked at a brothel and did house calls as well.
On that fateful night, Amelia had just finished a job and was walking back to the apartment from whichTony worked from. She had caught the attention of darkness, Tartarus.
Despite her crude life style, Amelia was actually a very pretty person. Raven hair, deep blue eyes. She was tall and slender, with all the right curves. In the right light, she could have looked like a fallen angel.
As she walked down the side walk, Tartarus appeared before her in human form. He had already known that she would not go into bed with him willingly, so he decided to take her by force. As she rounded the block he made his move, and raped her brutally. After, he got up and disappeared, leaving Amelia in a state of shock and pain.
She stumbled over to the apartment and started to sob. Tony noticed but said nothing, taking the money from Amelia and sending her to bed. Amelia was never the same after that. everything she did was robotic and had no emotion. But, she had gotten pregnat with Brandon that night. As soon as Tony found out, he was both angry, yet strangly pleased.
Angry that she had gotten pregnat, but it was another reason that made him pleased. Another person, more money for him. Brandon was born on April 19 at 12:14 in the morning. Amelia was allowed to care for him in the morning and afternoon hours, but at night she had to go out. Brandon was left in the care of the other women at the apartment. Amelia would have killed herself if it wasn't for Brandon. Everytime she came back after a rough night, her face would just brighten up at the very sight of him.
Tony noticed this. he realized that her connection to him was bad. She would never let anything happen to Brandon. He decided that he need to break their bond. So, he got Amelia hooked on drugs. Crack to be exact. Now, as someone gets more and more addicted they begin to loose themselves in the drug. They will give up anything and everything to get just one more hit. Brandon was 5 by the time Amelia was fully hooked.
Tony took advantage of it. Amelia would let anything happen to Brandon to get another hit. This when Tony started prostituting Brandon. Because he was a minor, it was double the price. Men, mostly older men, would come to the apartment and use Brandon until morning. They would burn his skin with cigarettes and cut him, just to watch him scream or bleed. This went on for many years. He had no schooling and was kept in flithy conditions. He was a skinny kid and was only tossed table scraps to eat.
When he was ten, he got the idea to run away. He wanted to. He wanted to leave more than anything, but where would he go? How could he live? He'd have to sell himself the same way he was now. So he stayed. In the mornings, he would leave the apartment and go sit on the steps in front of the building.
He would watch the kids walk past him and go to school. Everyday, a girl would walk past him. She was always alone and would always look at Brandon, as if she was trying to make sense of him. When Brandon was 11, the girl walked on his street like always, but this time, she didn't keep going. She walked up to him. Their conversation went like this;
"You sit here everything single day. Where do you go to school?'
"No. I can't uh, afford it."
"Public School is free."
She decided then that she would teach Brandon how to read and write. She introduced herself a Juile Ann. She was a 12 year old red head with a spunky personality. Everyday after coming home from school she would stop by and visit Brandon for an hour and a half. One day, Juile Ann was babbling away about something and Brandon was listening intently. He had never had a friend before and he often hung onto her every word. It was durning summer vacation and Brandon was 12, Juile Ann was 13. She still came over. Brandon had pretty much mastered reading and writing, and they were now working on math.
Julie Ann was talking away when suddenly, a car screeched up next to them. The window was rolled down. It was Julie Ann's 14 year old sister, Hannah. She looked like an older version of Juile Ann. Hannah yelled for Juile Ann to get into the car. and Brandon and Juile Ann both stood up in alarm. Hannah kept urging Juile Ann, but refused to leave with out Brandon. So, Hannah sighed in anger and said "Okay" to Brandon to come. They both hopped into the car and Hannah screeched away.
Amelia never even noticed he was gone. If she did, she didn't care.
Juile Ann and Brandon were both in a panic. Hannah kept glancing behind them. In a rush, she explained that she was being chased by someone. Or something.
Juile Ann turned to Brandon a quickly explained everything. Hannah and Juile Ann were clled 'Half Bloods'. One mortal parent, one Greek god parent. Brandon was stunned to say the least. Juile Ann told him that they were children of a Titain called Hyperon. They didn't were to go or what to do, and they had been attacked many time by monsters, barely slipping by each time due to their powers.
Hannah intterupted as they flew past a red light. She had discovered a place for people like them. They hated the gods. So did Hannah and Juile Ann. Hannah explained where the address was to Brandon, who wasn't sure why she did. Hannah didn't know ethier. Hannah rounded down a street and headed onto the highway, which was scattered with mortals. Brandon wasn't sure how to feel, or act. He just remained quiet and freaked out to himself.
But three demigods in one car wasn't going to happen. The Hell Hound that had been chasing them shadow traveled in front of the car. Hannah was only 14 and could barely drive straight, so she didn't have the skill to swerve out of the way. The mortals saw a ford crashing into their car, but actually, the Hell Hound used it's body and flipped the car to the right. It flew into the air and landed hard, then rolled over the side of the overpass and onto the street below.
Brandon woke up covered in blood. His head was spinning and his neck was killing him. He blinked. He was still strapped into his seat. The car was on its side, the wheels spinning. They hadn't hit any other cars remarkably, but Brandon could hear sirens. He looked up and saw the windshield was smashed. Hannah's head was through the wind shield. He looked to his right and saw Juile Ann. He beloved friend was covered in blood, her eyes staring straight ahead, her body bent and twisted out of shape.
Brandon felt adrenaline surge through him. He scrambled out of his seat belt and fell out of it. He then crawled upwards and climbed out of the smashed window. He stumbled blindly over the divider and scrambled into the woods. He walked and walked until he couldn't anymore and collapsed.
When he woke up, he head a pounding head ache. His left arm was red and swollen and everytime he touched it, it sent waves of pain down his arm. He head had a nasty cut and he had glass in his legs. He couldn't go on like this for much longer. He tried to stand, but failed to, so he crawled further away from the roa, hoping to find anyone,anything, something. He just kept moving until he finally grew too weak and fell to the floor.
When he woke up again, all his pain was gone. He was lying on the floor still, but all the blood was gone off his clothes and skin. He sat up quickly and smacked his head on somebody's face. They both groaned and Brandon rubbed his head. "Ow." he muttered. He then looked up. It was a pretty looking girl with soft brown eyes. Brandon looked at her for one moment and asked "Am I dead?" the girl laughed and shook her head. She introduced herself as Diana, another Greek demigod, a daughter of Bia. She explained that he was a half blood too. He demanded proof, and she told him he would have died if he was a mortal and had drunk some nectar.
He thanked her for taking care of him. They talked for a little bit and she explained that they were members of the BC. He remember Juile Ann and Hannah telling him about something like that. He wanted to come. Then Diana asked him a question that would seal his fate
"Do you hate the gods?"
He did. He hated them so much. They let such bad things happen to him, his friends. He wanted them to burn in hell. He wanted them to rot. He nodded his head and Diana smiled.Then someone else pushed through some bushes. He stopped and looked at Diana and Brandon. "Oh good, you're awake." he said. He introduced himself an another BC demigod, a child of Zeus named Dylan. They talked for a little, then set out.
They trained Brandon in combat as they made their way across the country to the BC base. By the time they were near the base, Brandon had turned 14. Diana and Dylan went into the town to by some supplies and left Brandon in the woods under very strict orders not to move or talk to anyone.
But he didn't listen.
He wandered about until he ran into a girl with purple hair. They both looked each other up and after a very awkward staring contest they started to talk. After a view hours, they both left, leaving the other stunned at the fact they had so much in common. He realized he forgot to ask her what her name was. He returned to Diana and Dylan who both exploded with anger. They were both worried that Brandon had done something stupid.
In some ways, he did.
He begged them to stay one more day in the town and they both agreed, unsure of what else to tell him. In someway, Brandon was like their child. The next morning, while he was supposed to be on lookout, hr snuck away from their campsite and wandered around, looking for the purple haired girl. He ran into her again as she was coming back from going to the bathroom.
They both greeted each other and he asked her what her name was. Her name was Leah Winters . He introduced himself. They talked for hours until the sun rose, and Brandon went back to Diana and Dylan. A few hours later, Leah was the one who found their camp. She motioned for him to come over to her and he made a petty excuse to leave, leaving both Diana and Dylan suspicious of him.
They talked for another few hours and finally the both confessed they were half bloods. They loved each other a lot, even though they had only know each other for little over a day. Like Romeo and Juilet, but the families sperated them before they could kill themselves. Brandon told her about the BC, and asked her to come with them. Leah hesitated for a moment, thinking. Suddenly, a Satyr intterrupted them by yelling at Leah. At that moment, Dylan and Diana appeared and grabbed Brandon, yelling at him for being around Leah. Then the Hell Hound appeared.
Leah froze, and before anyone could react, the Satyr grabbed Leah and ran away, Leah yelling for Brandon. Dylan, Diana, and Brandon brought the Hound down and they both turned to Brandon. Was he crazy? Trying to get a random girl, with a SATYR to join the BC? Brandon felt really bad after that. He was sure he was never going to see Leah again, and Dylan and Diana told him not to ever talk about it. They finally made it to the BC base that day where he was claimed as a son of Tartarus.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to send a wave of negative energy which causes anyone affected by it to feel as if they are falling in a deep pit for a short time, blinding them from seeing or doing any attacks out of panic. Once the effects have worn off, the victims are immune to this ability for a moderate period of time.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to create a field of dark and negative energy around them, which restrains anyone stepping into it in place. The more time it is sustained and the tighter the restrain is, the more energy it drains. In some cases, prolonged hold of the power may render the victims' limbs and muscles numb for a short time.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to vanquish lesser monsters (only those classified as "easy" in the Monster Encyclopedia) into Tartarus with a single attack; however, the bigger the monster, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to conjure a replica of the bronze walls of Tartarus, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to block incoming attacks and projectiles for a short while; shortly after it's creation, the wall will corrode like most metals. The walls can be conjured at all directions to create an absolute defence, but drains more energy from the user. Conversely, this can be used to imprison enemies for a short time.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to bend the darkness around them to their will, concealing them for a short time.
- As Tartarus is an Underworld god, children of Tartarus can enter and exit the Underworld as they please. They can also enter and exit Tartarus as they please instantly rather than the usual time it takes to get in and out of there for other people, which are nine days and nights.
- Children of Tartarus can sense when someone or something enters or exits Tartarus, no matter what the size is.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to Shadow Travel, a sort of teleportation; the further the distance, the more is energy drained.
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to create dark pits from the ground, which can be used to ensnare unsuspecting victims, to hide themselves inside the pit, or in anyway possible, for a short period of time. The larger and deeper the pit created and the longer it is held, the more energy it drains.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- As Tartarus itself weakened the powers of the imprisoned Titans from any struggling, children of Tartarus have the ability to "imprison" one's powers, weakening it by a large amount instantly to the point that i.e. a fireball dissipates into a wisp of smoke, a torrent of water turns into a droplet etc.; however, repeated usage drains the user severely and weakens the effect of the ability with each successive use.
6 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Tartarus have the ability to conjure a shadowy form of a monster currently residing at Tartarus, which will attack for them for a short time; however, the monster is weaker than it's real counterpart would be. It is also much smaller in size if the real counterpart is large.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- In rare cases, children of Tartarus have the ability to conjure a shadowy form of an older Titan/one of the Twelve Titans formerly or currently imprisoned in Tartarus (with the exception of Kronos, Rhea, Mnemosyne and Themis), no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, which will fight for them for a very short time; however, the shadowy Titan is much weaker than it's real counterpart would be, no matter what powers he/she possess. While the shadowy Titan fights for them, the user is completely immobilized.
- Children of Tartarus have an innate knowledge of all entryways into Tartarus, their exact distance from these, and the best way and means to reach it.
- Children of Tartarus generally have dark and negative personalities. They tend to isolate themselves from any larger crowd or gathering, making them most likely anti-social people.
- Children of Tartarus draw less attention from monsters than most demigods, excluding children of the Big Three.
- Children of Tartarus are skilled at creating traps, prisons, and any means of restraining others.
|Leah||Friend/Crush||He loves her a lot, but he has no idea where she is, and If she is even alive|
|Amelia Sonni||Mother||Pretty much hates her|