Funny, outgoing, focused, determined, loyal, disciplined, a quick learner, logical
Cains mother Elaine owned a computer repair shop in Toronto, Canada. One day a man walked in and asked for advice on his computer. She helped the man to the best of her ability, which was quite substantial. The man left that day only to come back a week later and ask a different question. these visits became more frequent, until the man would visit daily. The two found they were falling in love, and confessed a few weeks later. Little did Elaine know, the man she fell in love with was none other than the god Hephaestus. he left that very night leaving her heartbroken, but not before giving her the phone number of a satyr who lived near by, and instructions that the child must go to a special camp when he turns 13.
Cain was a remarkable child, and that was apparent from a young age. By two, he could already talk, and he was very intelligent, able to sovle puzzels very quickly for his age. by 10 he was best in his class at woodwork and metal shop, but found it hard to concenttrate in class. He had very few friends and was shunned because of his intelligence. Although his powers did not manifest until the age of 11, his mother feared a time when his powers would manifest, as foretold by a clockwork bird sent by Hephaestus with a complete explenation, advice, and an apology. She put him into karate at the age of four to teach him focus and discipline, two traits he would need to control fire without losing control. Cain was a quick learner, and became best in his class, and by the age of 12, best in his school where he trained. And it paid off because the first time his powers manifested as a ball of fire in his hand, he was able to put it out before he lost control. However, his mother was plagued by insane episodes of short term madness, charicterised by immense rage, dementia, and thoughts of harming others as well as herself, and they were only getting worse. This disease ran in the family lineage, and Cain was lucky to escape it. She called the number of the satyr that was given to her by Hephaestus, and informed him of her inability to care for Cain. The satyr, whos name was Michael, agreed to bring Cain to camp half blood taht very night. As Elaine's last sane acts, she gave Cain one last goodbye before he set off with Michael. Cain and Michael went on a plane that very night and arrived in New York that morning. Before they set off, Michael gave Cain a pair of celestial bronze axes to defend himself with if anything went wrong. Around halfway to camp, Cain engaged his first monsters, a small flock of harpies, only 4. Cain and Michael saw this as the perfect oppourtunity for Cain to test his fire power. Although he was untrained and missed most of the harpies, they found he had a surprising amout of promise and they trained every night in axe techinque and a bit of fire development.
A couple of weeks and a couple of fights later,the pair arrived at their destination. Cain had become more experienced and was a capable warrior with his dagger and with his fire. His arrival went mostly unnoticed, and that night he was claimed by Hephaestus. He has only been at camp for three days, and that is where his story leaves off.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to create and control fire; however, it is extremely chaotic and will burn anything near it no matter the intention of the child of Hephaestus. They can shoot fireballs, streams of fire and coat weapons in flame. The more fire summoned and controlled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hephaestus can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a wall of stone, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to temporarily block attacks
- Children of Hephaestus are innately extremely resistant to heat and fire.
- Children of Hephaestus are innately stronger and faster than others.
- Children of Hephaestus possess an ability to instantly understand how to use and wield any weapon they possess with no training beforehand.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to release heat from their hands in order to cauterize an open wound.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a smoke screen that suffocates and hinders enemies for a short time, using it to either escape or do one sneak attack
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to control a single mechanical object with their mind; doing so, however, immobilizes the child of Hephaestus until control is broken. This only works on objects mechanically controlled, not objects controlled by magic.
- Children of Hephaestus can telekinetically move weapons under their own possession and use. They can move up to 3 large weapons at a time, such as swords, axes and hammers. Or up to 10 small weapons such as throwing stars, knives and caltrops. The longer weapons are telekinetically held, the more energy is drained.