A twenty-year old Paris Roosevelt, of Spanish and English descent, met Aphrodite at one of the most romantic places in America, Amelia Island in Florida. He was working as a life guard, when he was awestruck by Aphrodite's beauty. He pursued Aphrodite, asking her on a date, to which she agreed. The two instantly connected, and within a few weeks, Aphrodite was pregnant with Calliope. Being a goddess, Aphrodite left but came back with baby Callie, and left her with her father, with a note stating she is in fact his daughter.
Paris took Callie out of Amelia Island, and fled to Manhattan, New York. Paris claimed to moving there because he felt his old lover was there. After three years, he eventually moved on with his life, and went to school to become a Film Director.
He often took a young Callie with him to watch him direct movies. This led Callie to enjoy theater, but eventually move on to music.
Growing up, Callie got into fights and had been attacked by three monsters before eventually going to Camp Half-Blood. Along with that, strange things often happened around her, often resulting in Calliope getting into kind of trouble or getting kicked out of school.
When Callie was six, she had a lot of trouble reading, it was the following year she was told she had dyslexia. At the age of nine, she was sent outside and to the office a lot because she couldn't stand still, she then tested positive for ADHD. At the age of thirteen, Calliope had her first encounter with a baby telekhine. When Callie started running away, the telekhine attempted to kill her, as luck would have it, a satyr was running by sensing the demigod, and manipulated surrounding plants to strangle the telekhine. Callie continued to run away as the satyr killed the telekhine. This made Paris sign Callie to self defense classes. At fourteen, they moved into Upper East Side of New York. When moving in, a harpy nearly killed Callie but a terrified Paris shot at the harpy with his rifle. Callie ran with the harpy chasing after her, Paris called Animal Control, thinking it was a bird. The harpy continued to harass Callie until her demigod abilities activated and she fired multiple of shells put of her palms, injuring the harpy enough to run off. Callie told her father what happened, but Paris dismissed it as a delusion, convincing her of it. Animal Control looked around but found nothing.
When she was fifteen, her father moved them to a house on Long Island.
On her sixteenth birthday, Callie was given a sea shell carved into a heart, with a pearl inside. The giver had no name, but Callie still felt attached to it. And yesterday, Callie was in after-school detention for fighting, and was attacked by a hellhound. Luckily, Callie's powers reacted and she oozed a dense plum of perfume suffocating the hellhound. One of the students serving detention, was the same satyr that protected Callie when she was younger, and he helped her understand about what was happening. He gave her his card, and the address to Camp Half-Blood. Not knowing what else to do, Callie convinced her father to let her go to Camp Half-Blood. He agreed, and Callie called the satyr and he led her to camp. On the way, a trio of harpies attacked the pair, and the satyr, Barrow, gave her a celestial bronze sword and shield; which she used to fight the harpies off. Callie managed to kill two of the harpies, but one of them killed Barrow near the entrance of Camp Half-Blood. Callie ran inside the camp before the harpy could get a chance to attack again. Two campers ran out of Camp, and killed the harpy. The harpy disintegrated into dust.
Subsequently to the death of the harpies and Barrow, Calliope was emitted in an red aura, and her cuts and bruises healed, and her clothes changed into an elegant rosy pink Greek dress, her hair styled into a crown braid, flora embellished in her hair, makeup done flawlessly, and a gold necklace with bracelets along with a ring with a shell as it's showcase. She was then told she was a daughter of Aphrodite.
Callie is described as rebellious and courageous. She's adventurous and is not afraid to try new things. She can also be very impatient and quick-witted. She's very empathetic and sympathetic, often worrying about her loved ones. She's charismatic and very convincing. Callie has a creative mind and a very good memory. She's an excellent singer and talented actress. She is street smart, as she can pick locks and pockets, as well as change the tires of a car.
She's also fiercely loyal to the people that she loves. Callie is also very capable of taking care of herself, growing up her father signed her up for fighting classes after nearly being kidnapped at the age of five. She is strong-willed and determined and never backs down without a fight.
Calliope is a beautiful demigod with light skin, full lips, hazel green eyes, and short hair which she can manipulate it's length and color. Her hair is usually shoulder lengthed and dyed. She is tall with an athletic but slim figure.
Her style consists of crop tops, tank tops, skinny jeans, low-heeled boots, low heels, combat boots, sleeveless blouses, leather jackets, short skirts and short shorts, varied dresses, makeup, and wears jewelry every so often. She describes her style as edgy and boho.
Callie's vocal tone is soprano, which her range is from octaves and a semitone Eb3-E7. Her agile voice carries very little weight with it and is vibrant and well supported all throughout the vocal registers. With great technique Calliope is capable of singing all the way down to a Eb3 with ease, exhibiting a smoky vocal texture. Her voice begins to showcase more power and character however in the upper belting and head voice registers where it finds its "ring". Many say she sings like Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, etc.
Combat and Abilities
Callie is very swift, and uses her above-average agility to fight in combat, along with the training she took when she was younger (boxing, judo, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu). Callie is extremely flexible, and is very well capable of taking care of herself, without the use of a weapon.
- Children of Aphrodite can create a large plume of dense perfume or make-up which obscures them and begins to suffocate anyone else within it. This can give the user a chance to attack.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to fire razor sharp scallop shells at high speed which can be shot fast enough that they could pierce skin on impact. The shells would materialize and fire from the user’s palms, so the size of them depends on the user.
- Children of Aphrodite can cause people of any gender to lose all desire to attack them for a short time. Out of an artificial love, the love isn’t necessarily romantic and could be like sibling love. If the user attacks while this is in effect, it will automatically wear off.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to entrap an enemy in a large scallop shell, similar to the one their mother emerged from at birth. Once closed, the clam is extremely difficult to escape from. It is highly durable and cannot be teleported out of, after a short time the clam will fade from existence. The target cannot be attacked while they are inside the clam, so the power is purely defensive. It can only be summoned twice in the same fight.
- Children of Aphrodite cause anyone who possesses a sexual orientation towards them to be at least slightly, attracted to them.
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to be able to resist charmspeak,charm touch etc. to an extent.
- Children of Aphrodite have the innate ability to be able to resist the effects of pheromones to an extent.
- Children of Aphrodite are able to communicate with and command doves. If the user gives too many commands, the doves will become frustrated and disobey.
- Children of Aphrodite can alter their appearance (including clothes and make-up) for short periods of time, the more they alter their appearance, and the longer they maintain the appearance, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Aphrodite can curse someone to feel like they’re completely hated and unloved, they’ll feel like they’re ugly and will sink into self-pity for a short time. This gives the user a chance to attack or flee.
- Children of Aphrodite can infuse magic into their words and ‘charm-speak’ another into doing their will or revealing a secret to them; the person will remain under the control of the charm-speak for a few minutes or until control is relinquished, the longer the control is kept.
- Children of Aphrodite can control the clothing of others, create and transform it at will (not armor). They could turn a girl’s prom dress into a red bikini, create a scarf around someone’s neck and command it to strangle someone etc. Commands and transformations only last for a short time and the target’s clothes revert to normal.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite are able to turn into a dove, which allows them flight, the longer they maintain this form, the more energy is drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to control the levels of hormones related to love in humans; serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. The user has the ability to increase or decrease each of these hormones separately or all together. Increases in serotonin will make the target go temporarily insane and decreases will make the target become depressed, while increases in dopamine will make the target super sensitive to their surroundings and decreases will stiffen the movements of the target. Increases in norepinephrine will increase the rate of heart contractions of the target and decreases in this hormone can result in severely lowered heart rate. The use of this power can be extremely draining for the user depending on how extreme the alterations of the hormone levels are.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Aphrodite have the ability to transform an area into a maze of mirrors for a moderate period of time, as one of their mother’s attributes was a mirror. Whilst in the maze, the user’s target can become disoriented and confused as all they can see is their own appearance, however the glass is somewhat durable and cannot be broken easily. The user can move about while the maze is in place, and the sight of their own beautiful reflection empowers them a little. They innately know their way through the maze, as they created it, but they cannot change the layout of the maze once it is in place. The size of the maze depends on how large the user would like it; they can range in size up to that of a battle arena, however the larger it is the more the user is drained. After dismantling the maze, the user is significantly drained and may not be able to move for a moderate period of time.
- Children of Aphrodite almost always have innate knowledge of the French language since it’s known as "the language of love" and pheromones related to love in humans.
- Children of Aphrodite are known for being incredibly attractive, seductive and flirty.
- Children of Aphrodite often enjoy things that are pretty and things that bring them pleasure. Making them quite fashionable, fun-loving and sometimes promiscuous.
- Children of Aphrodite commonly have a taste for apples.