When Cassie was younger she was nicer and more caring than she is now. After her cousin’s memories were stolen and replaced with foul ones, he now thinks she’s an abusive bully who's done nothing but hurt him. Cassie tries to reach out to him, but he completely dismissed her and after that she’s been nothing but rude and to herself. Cassie isn't slow to anger at all. She doesn't show it much, but she will let you know. Deep down she's still caring and slightly bubbly, but it takes way more than just a simple thing to get her off. Sometimes.
1969. Nathan Holt was the brother of Nia Holt. Both children of Ares. Unlike his sister he was more calm and intellectual, he didn’t care much for monsters and fighting. While his sister was pregnant with Aeolus, Nathan thought it was his duty to support for the family. Therefore he got a job. Nathan was incredibly smart and loved how the brain worked so he decided to go work at an institution for the criminally insane.
His job was to interview the patients, and to understand ‘’why’’ they did what they did to end up there. After a long day of working he was to interview a woman whose story was a bit complicated.
This woman was Lyssa. She disguised herself as a patient, to see how things worked out at an institution for the criminally insane. Even though she had bloodshot eyes, tattered black hair, and extremely pale skin, Nathan thought she was the most beautiful woman ever. The two had intercourse and Lyssa was impregnated. After about a few months, Nathan found a baby girl at his doorstep. And when he went to work, he never found the mysterious woman again. Rumor was that she escaped during the power outage. But thought differently. Being a demigod, he understood how the gods worked, also how they delivered their children. He didn't know who the goddess he’d impregnated was, but he later found a letter on his desk. The letter was from Lyssa, and she explained that she was a goddess on Olympus and how the girl would need to go to a camp, to train.
The only thing Nathan paid attention was that fact that he’d had an affair with the goddess of madness.
He named the girl Cassie and raised him with his sister Nia and her son Miles. Nia didn't know the first thing about parenting, therefore this left Nathan to do all the work. Luckily, Aeolus kept his side of the deal, and the family always had an abundance of money. (Due to the fact that Aeolus tricked Plutus). Cassie was loved and cherished and was completely fine with being raised by her father, while Miles yearned mostly for his mothers love and affection.
After complaining about how they’d seen flying red women and dogs with seals; the cousins were trained by Nia. They were given hand me down weapons and trained hard. Cassie encountered her first monster at the age of 13. A harpy swung at her and nipped her right arm. Cassie freaked out but she drew her Cutlass. The harpy used its ability to fly and continued to swoop down, while Cassie ducked and ran. The harpy pursed her and continued to use the same method, until Cassie got extremely frustrated and swung up with her eyes shut. The harpy wailed and fell to the ground. The Cutlass hadn't sliced her but when she fell, Cassie hacked it maniacally, until it dissolved into dust.
The parents decided it was time to take them to camp right after their attacks and back then Percy Jackson hadn't made the gods swear to claim their kids by the age of 13. The two 13 year olds were outcasts and put in the cabin of Hermes. Miles was claimed a good year before Cassie was.
A stupid brat of Apollo decided to go on a quest when the Holt kids were aged 15. His name was Derek, and he chose three kids with minor parents to join him. Only reason he chose minor kids was because if a kid of a minor died, no one would care. Derek did this because last time he led a quest, he had two casualties from kids with big parents and got lots of shame from his camp mates.
He chose Cassie, Miles, and a boy named Aaron. Aaron was a son of Lethe. Derek was such a self-absorbed jerk towards the team, all he did was boss them around. The group fought ‘’constantly.’’ And it was ‘’not’’ something the cousins would deal with.
On the quest, they fought a fire-breathing dragon. Derek just panicked and ran away. Leaving Miles, Cassie and Aaron to fight. With their powers over wind and the emotional energy of rage, the Holt children could barely pierce it’s scales. Their savior was Aaron, who would constantly use his powers to warp the deadly flames into oblivion.
But sadly, Aaron had quickly died after pushing Miles out of the way from the dragon’s sharp bite. The beast snacked on him while Miles managed to fly his cousin to safety. Derek was attacked by a large horde of empousai and was torn to shreds.
Apollo grieved as much as he would if any other of his kids died. He understood his son’s death, Derek was just being selfish and reaped what he’d sown. On the other hand, Lethe was furious. She blamed Miles for the death of her son. She put him a deep coma that he would not age from, she also replaced all of his memories with fake ones. Making him think he was a boy whose mom disappeared when he was 2 and spent his whole life in foster care. Where Cassie was just an awful bully and his uncle was an abusive man who was supposed to take care of the kids. He’d have these memories for when he woke up, whenever that would be.
Cassie pleaded with Aeolus, and he finally agreed to keep him safe on Aeolia. Since it was direct interference he needed Cassie to agree to become the immortal servant of Miles, until he woke up.
It was late 2012 when he finally did. Cassie was relieved out of mind and tried to reach out to him. But his completely dismissed her, leaving a huge hole in her heart. He believed the false memories Lethe had planted in his brain. Miles left her and re-entered Camp Half-Blood. Cassie didn’t take this well at all. She was filled with anger and sorrow and considered joining BC, but she thought against it.
After quitting her job with Aeolus and being stripped of her immortality. For the next year and a half she went home and shut everyone out. She didn’t trust any one either. She became rude and cynical. She dismissed everyone just like Miles had dismissed her.
But then she got tired of fighting monsters and went to Camp Half-Blood at the physical age of 17. She was surprised when there was a cabin for Aeolus and even more surprised when there was a cabin for her own mother.
Weapons: Celestial Bronze Cutlass and Sickle
Powers (Note: She doesn't have these power yet.)
- Children of Lyssa have the ability to focus an emotional energy beam out of their rage which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Lyssa are able to tap into primal rabid animal instincts which allows them to attack or flee with enhanced speed and ferocity. However, this ability can often lead to loss of self-control and only lasts for a short time.
- Children of Lyssa, when enraged, can ignore damage sustained in battle temporarily. Once they have calmed down, however, the pain from the damage is intensified.
- Children of Lyssa can generate a veil of the emotional energy of rage around their bodies, the veil would protect them from damage for a short time and cannot be used if the child doesn't have the rage to fuel it.
- Children of Lyssa are stronger when themselves and other around them are angry, they cannot be empowered from rage created by their aura.
- Children of Lyssa can cure rabies in both humans and animals with a simple touch.
- Children of Lyssa emit a rage aura which makes people around them at least slightly angry, they can turn it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Lyssa can communicate with and command rabid animals
- Children of Lyssa can cause people near them to temporarily develop symptoms of rabies, including agitation, hallucinations, and an inability to swallow, incapacitating the victim for a short period.
- Children of Lyssa can cause people near them become enraged and frenzied, reducing their competency and effectiveness in battle.
- Children of Lyssa can cause nearby animals to become rabid and once in this state, can command them to attack an enemy or gather information for them. This ability can only be used on up to 3 animals at one time. The larger the animals and the more that are summoned, the more energy it drains.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Lyssa are able to drain the rage and anger from those around them, using it to empower themselves for a short time, while also weakening the will of those they drain to fight, but once it has worn off, they are substantially drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Lyssa can turn their volatile emotional energies into larger tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 4 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. Tools may telekinetically moved by the user’s mind and all rage constructs slightly burn anyone who touched it. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive.However, their ability to use the power is hindered before or during use when they experience emotions in relation to peace and happiness. As more positive and serene emotions are felt, the strength of the object begins to fade, becoming dull and brittle.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Lyssa are able to transform into a dog for a short time. They can turn into either a full dog or a humanoid dog form. In the human/dog form, they are twice as faster and stronger than before. Their senses are also quite sharper as well. They also tend to be more violent and volatile in this state. Once the transformation ends, the user is extremely drained. Using the hybrid form is more draining rather than the full dog form. They will not be able to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Lyssa are known for being very irritable and hostile, many usually struggle with controlling their tempers.
- Children of Lyssa sometimes love seeing other people angered and will taunt them for fun.
- Children of Lyssa are often fond of dogs since their mother was associated with them.