A strong, driven person. He stands out as a leader by forging new paths. A thoughtful young man who tries to keep things balanced between his skill and strategy. Is highly moral and strives to do what is right, even to the point where he will break the rules to do so.
Interesting Vocabulary: Due to his life in ancient Greece and his short time living in the modern world, Chris' english speaking skills had to be given from Poseidon. However, they tend to be a bit old fashioned, and the young man often favors thee-thou speak.
Hyperal Verses was born in ancient Greece thousands of years ago. Although she both smart and gorgeous, with long black hair and perfect dark skin, Hyperal was a slave. She worked at a great manor that sat on a beach. Her job was to be an entertainer to various guests her master would have over. As gorgeous and witty as she was, she did a very, very good job of it. However, Hyperal was miserable. She hated her body being nothing more as a source of cheap amusement for men that called themselves lords. Every night, she begged the gods for freedom from this life.
At age twenty-three, Poseidon, who heard her prayers being called out over the ocean every night, and finally decided to see what they were about. He traveled to her town in the form of a great lord with much wealth. Naturally, he was not declined when he requested to stay at Hyperal's master's home one night. When the entertainment began, Poseidon saw Hyperal dancing and immediately was overcome by her beauty. He spoke to her later that night, and she informed him that it was she that had begged him for freedom. Upon promising to fulfill the sea god's desires, Poseidon paid the owner, and set Hyperal free.
Life would have been difficult for Hyperal had it not been Poseidon, who helped her to buy a house and even get a paying job, which was unheard of for Greek women. Soon she began to make a small fortune for herself. It wasn't long after that the Hyperal had a child, young Yacchimus Veres. After he was born, Poseidon visited less and less, until finally he did not come at all, for the Fates would not allow him to interfere with the child's fate.
Yachiumus grew swiftly. At age eleven he was already a powerful young boy. It was on his eleventh birthday that he went hunting for beautiful sea shells on the shore, and was surprised and assaulted by a small group of Stymphillian birds. These birds swooped down on him hungrily, looking to devour the young boy. However Yachimus, in this time of danger, called on his unknown powers and summoned a wave which sucked the birds into the sea, drowning them.
Shocked young Yachimus ran home and told his mother what had happened. She explained about Poseidon, and how he was his father. At this time she gave him a sword decorated with wave patterns. The weapon could transform into a necklace while not in use, allowing him to wear it stealthily. Yachimus, although scared, was excited by learning of his powerful blood, and vowed to become the strongest hero of all.
Yachimus trained alone on the sea shore, learning to harness his powers over the water. it wasn't long before he grew to be very strong indeed. He also was a natural swordsman, and although he had no sparring partners save a few boys in the village (who he could beat with ease) he still become and excellent warrior. Unfortunately, the rise of his powers heightened his scent, which attracted monsters. By the time of his fifteenth birthday, Yachimus had been assaulted more than a dozen times. However he had continued to prevail due to the power of the water that rested nearby, as well as by the blessing of Poseidon, who could watch him while close to the sea.
At age fifteen, Yachimus kissed his mother goodbye and set out to become a hero. He completed several perilous tasks, including destroying a powerful amulet that an enemy demigod (a child of Hecate) had created to wreak vengeance upon the gods with. It was not long before his name was whispered throughout the land.
However, it was not to last.
Two days before his sixteenth birthday, Yachimus undertook a quest that he could not handle. . He had overheard a priest speaking about "turmoil between the gods" and soon learned Aphrodite had questioned Poseidon's honor during the Winter Solstice. Desperate to win his father's favor (for he greatly desired to speak to him) Yachimus travelled to Sparta. There he laid in wait in Aphrodite's Temple until she arrived one night to examine her sacrifices. He attacked her then, planning to overcome the goddess and humiliate her. However he hadn't realized the dazzling affect beauty can have on the mind, especially in the hub of its power. He was overwhelmed and brought down. However, Aphrodite did not slay him (for she found him attractive) and instead put him in a stasis, hoping to perhaps "have some fun with her new toy later". But the goddess of love is fickle, and he was soon forgotten.
Years passed. The Greek empire fell and Rome invaded. As the power of Aphrodite changed places over the years, so did Yachimus (still in the back of some forgotten magic holding chamber). It was not until the year 2013 that the Fates decreed that his time had come to be reawoken.
Upon awakening, Yachimus was thrown into a violent state. He smashed his way out of the holding chamber, and found himself in Beverly Hills, California. Not understanding what had happened, not even knowing the English language, Yachimus went into a fit and ran for the nearest water source: the Pacific Ocean.
Once there, Poseidon deemed it time to speak to him. The Sea God calmed his fears and explained things. His father also gave him the gift of the knowledge of English, and restored to him his blade. However, it was all given under oath: that he would stay eternally loyal to his father, despite the cost. Yachimus ( or Chris Swords as he had now decided to call himself) did not learn until much later that Poseidon had made him swear this oath for fear the would rebel and join the Broken Covenant.
The Sea God arranged transportation for his son to Camp Half Blood, and it wasn't long before he arrived. Chris is now sixteen years old, and has fallen in love with the new world he's fallen into. He also plans on upholding his oath, and staying loyal to his father Poseidon.
Hurricane-The blade of the Sea Prince
- Children of Poseidon can fire a powerful blast of water from their hands, equivalent to that of a fire hose, which evaporates after a short time.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure and freeze small amounts of water into durable ice weapons, which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of ice.
- Children of Poseidon can create an area around themselves that inflicts others with intense seasickness, making them dizzy and nauseous for as long as they remain inside. The user must keep their focus on maintaining the effect for the duration.
- Children of Poseidon can turn their body to water for a very short time, letting an attack pass harmlessly through them. This can cause extreme dehydration with repeated use.
- Children of Poseidon can breathe, are swifter and more powerful, and can heal slightly faster while underwater.
- Children of Poseidon can keep themselves and everything they touch dry in the water, unless they choose to become wet.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from any altitude as long as they land in water, and can go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the cold or water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon can communicate with and command equestrian animals, as well as all creatures that dwell in the sea.
- Children of Poseidon are innately less inhibited by severe wind and precipitation.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, large enough to knock anyone nearby off their feet, for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains. This can be used on ice, but is much more difficult and draining.
- Children of Poseidon are are able summon a specific horse, pegasus, or sea creature directly to their position, regardless of distance. This only works on creatures that they have a strong personal bond with.
- Children of Poseidon can calm, strengthen or influence the direction of the winds, though to a much lesser extent than children of Zeus or the anemoi.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create a torrential rainstorm overhead, which will downpour and cause high winds over a large area. The storm will gradually clear over time, and afterward the user would be substantially drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to shape a semi-living construct out of water, no larger than 3 to 4 times the size of the user, that fights for them for a short time. The user is weakened while the construct is active, and the longer they maintain the it, the more energy it drains.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform their bodies into a state of pure water for a short time, becoming immune to most attacks. The hydrokinetic abilities they already possess are enhanced by this state, and they are capable of covering great distances in an instant while underwater. The user will be extremely drained once the transformation ends, and could possibly faint.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water and are able to innately feel the difference between freshwater and saltwater.
- Children of Poseidon normally have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
- Children of Poseidon tend to be favored by animals of the sea.
- Children of Poseidon often have a natural affinity for horses and many grow up to become equestrians.
|Poseidon||Father||Loves him, although he wishes to see him more often.|
|Hyperal||Mother||Grieves her death|