Claire is at time soft spoken, and shy. This is the time she is helpful, and caring towards most people. Othertimes, she can be loud, and taunting. Claire will hurt, and not care about anyone or anything excluding herself. When she is in her good mood, she will be smiling most of the time, making jokes, and laughing at mostly everything. When she is in her bad mood, she can be seen scowlng, her arms often crossed over her chest.
Long, long ago in a kingdom far, far away-- wrong story? Sorry! It was little past midnight, and Jacob had been out, staying at a "haunted" mansion. (The story behind the mansion is that this women went crazy. She murdered her three kids, her husband, and the four servants. She then proceeded to cook them, and choked on the meat, several days later. They say it was the children holding her throat, making her die. Their souls have never been put to rest, and whomever stays there is in danger of the women killing them, and wanting to eat them... Possibly alive.) All the locals thought he was insane. Crazy. Just because he believed in ghosts, and he was 28 years old. Just children's tale, they would mock him.
Still he continued, recording data on the frequencies of the ghosts. Videotaping everything. Taking numerous photos. Testing every theory. One morning, he was sitting in a diner. Jacob had been up all night, so he needed his coffee. One lady caught his eye, even more so when she walked past, and whispered "I believe you," ever so quietly he doubted she even said it. It was a few days before he had the courage to ask her about it. When she confessed that she had thought the same thing about the house, believing the story since she was young, they spent the night together. And whilst they worked together, they fell in love. They moved all the way to New Orleans. After being together for two months in a grand house they bought, one thing led to another, and Jacob's love left him for a few months. No warning, no nothing. After well past half a year of living alone, his lover returned, only this time she wasn't alone. "This is our daughter..." She told him, smiling at him. Yet, she didn't explain why she left, and he never asked. He was just too happy to have them back.
And then she left again, when Claire was only a few months old. Jacob vowed to raise their daughter with as much love and care as she showed him.
And he did. As the years passed, Claire grew up to be the person her father wanted her to be. She was kind most of the time, and obsessed with the other side. Even when she was four, she would go around telling kids about the ghost adventure she and her dad went on, the stories he told her at night. (Which, instead of fairytales like normal little girls, she was told stories that would make grown men pee their pants.) At age seven she could name every demon and monster her dad had encountered (please be noted these "demons" and "monsters" are like ones you would find on Supernatural, just without the black eyes and possessing people... Just spirits that haven't crossed to the other side), and even some that he hadn't. Claire was viewed for being the odd one out. The weird kid. This caused her to be bullied often.
On her 12th birthday, she was walking home from school. It was the middle of autumn, so she was walking slowly, enjoying the vibrant colors of the leaves. The bright orange, the dark green, the mustard yellow, and the dusty brown. It was beautiful to her. Claire had just turned down a familiar alley, a shortcut to where her dad usually meets her for an after school snack, when this great dane looking dog looked at her. Claire loved dogs. Unworried about this particular dog, as she was often seen petting and feeding the strays, she moved slowly towards it, calling out to it in her best soft and calm voice. I would love to write that this continued like any other dog; she managed to pet it unscathed, and gave it a dog treat that she was most of the time found carrying. (She often carried at least one, just in case she came across a dog, or animal that looked hungry.) But this wasn't the case.
The dog lunged at her, going for her neck she later realized, at a much faster speed than she could keep up with. Claire managed to move just enough that it got her shoulder, dislocating it, and tearing it rather badly. She couldn't believe it! On her birthday too! While she tried to dodge the dog, she hadn't noticed a new kid from school standing in the alley way. (If you couldn't tell, this is her protector, a satyr named John. Soon after moving to her school, the two became close friends.) After watching for a moment, John managed to help end the hellhound's life, before giving Claire some ambrosia for her wounds. (Which, to her, tasted like her father's gumbo.)
John explained everything to her; she was a demigod. And that she had to go to Camp Halfblood. Well not had but it would be ideal in order to keep her safe. Claire politely refused. This had to be a prank, or a dream, she thought. After she was healed, John walked her back to the store her dad was at. Before he left, he warned her that she was putting her father in danger every second she stayed. Ignoring the warning, she stayed. Her father needed her. She couldn't just leave him like her mother did.... Could she?
It was two years before she finally decided to leave. (She was attacked three times, one by a giant scorpion, another by a hellhound, and the last one by a fire breathing horse. The last one actually worried her. She loved horses.She never told her dad because she didn't want him to start studying the creatures, and, quite honestly, she still believed it was some sort of dream.) It was in the middle of a regular teenage fight with her dad that she decided to leave. He wasn't in the best of moods since his agent wasn't helping him get his book of his lifetime research published, and neither was Claire since that day had been one of the worst bullying times she had gone through. During dinner, when they usually spoke about their day, they were silent. Claire picked a fight. She asked about his day, and when he asked about hers she replied with, "Horrible, because we don't live a normal life." Normally her dad would talk about it, but he wasn't in the mood. They got into a screaming match, before her father yelled, "Your mother would still be here, if it weren't for you!" Directly after saying that, he stopped, looking like he had just been punched, while Claire looked at him as if she didn't know who he was. "I hate you." She whispered, before leaving.
She met up with John a few minutes later, and told him she wanted to leave for Camp right now. She managed to take his wallet, and, since she was trusted by her father, she knew his PIN number. This would buy them tickets for an airplane ride to New York. For the both of them, it costed a grand total of $554, for a two hour, and 55 minute flight. (They were stopped and questioned once about adult supervision, but after Claire, who used to be on the debate team back home, pointed out that there were no laws about them traveling without someone over the age of 18 with them, there was no need. Plus she made up a story that they were visiting a sick grandmother, that did the trick.) During the flight, she started to feel bad. But she would think about what he said, and the rage would tear her heart into pieces once more. Once they landed, (Claire felt a little sick, and her legs were wobbly) they took a taxi to the Camp.
For most, the Camp was likely a place that meant heaven, and better times. A place to sing, and dance, and write a musical on. But for her, it was only a reminder on her father's words. Words he could never take back, and she would always associate with him. Camp for her was an escape from the monster inside him. The monster that had possessed her father. And that, my dears, is the story that terrified her the most. She's been at camp for several days.
- Children of Melinoe can create weapons made of solid ectoplasm in order to aid them in combat. Only one weapon may exist at a time ,the longer the weapons are maintained, the more energy is drained. They can also coat their existing weapons in ectoplasm in order to temporarily strengthen them.
- Children of Melinoe can send shockwave-like blasts made of solid ectoplasmic energy which feel like a very powerful punch on contact, also momentarily stunning whoever it contacts.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to become intangible for short periods; making them immune to attacks but also unable to attack naturally.
- Children of Melinoe are able to manipulate the tangibility of ghosts around them to form a shield, that is no larger than the user, to protect themselves.
- Children of Melinoe are innately able to talk to and command ghosts, they can also help ghosts with any unfinished business that is keeping them tethered. They can also use this ghost to spy for them, or gather information.
- Children of Melinoe make the people around them uneasy and sometimes fearful as a result of their ghostly aura; they can turn this off for a long time if they desire.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a single poltergeist which will fight for them for a short time.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a banshee, which will instantly begin wailing and stun anyone who is not intangible for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, can travel in this manner as a ghost would, disappearing and appearing in another location, however the longer the travel the more it drains the user.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to transform a weapon into an intangible state for a short time, making it so no one can touch it. They also have the ability to possess an object for a short time and then attack or defend with it. If the object is struck, they are expelled from it.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to cause ghosts (up to 4) to attempt to possess a single other person’s body. The ghosts can then be commanded to temporarily control the body if it is an ally, or for an opponent the ghosts will only be able to hinder the possessed person from what they are doing. This only lasts for a short time, and the more ghosts that are summoned, the greater drain the user feels.
6 Months After Character is MadeEdit
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to shed their human nature and appear as either a demon or angel, as their mother has dual chthonian and heavenly aspects. As a demon, the user has the ability to strike fear and despair into the heart of the enemy and emit a scream similar to that of a banshee's. As an angel, the user is granted flight (as angels are often depicted as having wings), and have the ability to instil respect and peace into whomever they come in contact with. The use of this power is extremely draining, and the user can only chose to be either angel or demon, never a combination of the two. After use, the user cannot use the power again for 24 hours.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to enter a intangible ghostly apparition, in this state, they are immune to attacks, and can control up to 15 ghosts at a time. In this state they are also able to use ghostly power to lift, throw, move, teleport, or possess objects; They are also able to command another ghosts to possess an object, and control the movements of that object through the ghost possessing it. This ghostly state only lasts for a short time, and after exiting it, the user will be drained and unable to move, or possibly faint. However, the amount of ghosts the user controlled in this state, will attempt to protect the user for a small portion of the time that the user is incapacitated.
- Children of Melinoe usually enjoy talking to ghosts, preferring their company over the living.
- Children of Melinoe often have two sided personalities, one angelic and bright. The other demonic and dark.
- Children of Melinoe typically enjoy scaring people and are not easily frightened themselves
- Children of Melinoe sometimes grow up to be paranormal investigators.