(this is a wip) Damian is very interested in what other people think about him and anything in general and enjoys seeing a variety of reactions to something. He seems to be shy, only confident around his sister. Despite saying this, he's sweet and somewhat over caring at times.
Anastasia Pietrzak was a desperate, yet beautiful, woman in Warsaw, Poland in the early 1990s. Having suffered the loss of both parents which led to her eventual life on the streets, she had nothing to lose and wanted a purpose in life. Her life never strayed from staying outside of various shops in hopes of getting essentials - in which she did from time to time. However, one night fear totally came to her. A few teenagers, too drunk to realise their actions, threatened her with various weapons and Anastasia prayed for someone to help her. Seeing how scared she was and was enticed by her beauty, Deimos decided to help her, shrouding her in some sort of terrifying aura which scared the teenagers off. He appeared to her and in return for saving her life, he asked her to have children with him. Having demigod history within her, Anastasia sensed something different about the man, however as she owed him her life, she complied and the two began sexual intercourse later that night. Afterwards, Deimos left, leaving Anastasia with enough money to find herself a comfortable farm home and told her to pray to Demeter in order to have good harvests.
After being born with Cecylia as twins, the two children grew up rather normally, being nourished by their mother, and wondering who their dad was. At age 4 they both went into kindergarten, making the school year more fun and interesting. The pair stayed together until the 3rd grade where Cecylia was sent to a prep school a distance away. Originally, his mother believed that the lack of Cecylia’s influence would cause Damian to become this angel in class, however, the exact opposite proved to be true. After losing his sister Damian began to act up and become the school’s worst troublemaker, getting yelled at almost every hour. Eventually, Anastasia had enough and contacted a distant relative in England to arrange plans for Damian to go to a prestigious boarding school in hopes of improving his attitude.
They stayed in the same classes up until 3rd grade (9 years of age), where Cecylia complained of being nauseous when she was sent to a prep school some 20+ miles away from Damian. While she felt that way, her mother thought she was finally “becoming a woman” only to realize that such a distance between to children of fear caused them to feel pain and a tremendous amount of fear. Anastasia had learned that them being separated put them in an odd place, as a child in a new place without its sibling would be terrified of being alone. She helped ease them into school gradually, feeling relieved when they stopped fretting over being alone. She had noticed a slight change in how they walked, as if they didn't fear anything, then remembering Deimos and how he was the god of terror. They've already been to hell and back before being born, they don't fear anything. She thought to herself.
By 5th (11 years of age) grade they were soon adapting to their surroundings, but noticed people behaved strangely around them, people seemed to cringe or look away in fear while near them, as if they were the most horrible creature on the earth. Damian found this interesting and continued to make his presence known in whatever room he was in to see the mixed reactions
However, during one night coming home, one 6th grade (the day before his birthday) night, he heard a small voice in her head, You've used your powers wrong, and you act as if everyone is subservient to you. You will have repeated nightmares about the past and future to come, each one making your life seem a happy place in comparison to what you will see. He kept hearing the voice in his head, thinking it was a song to a band he couldn't remember, until he fell asleep. Now it begins.
During the dreams, he experienced an array of terrible of events, from wars to medical scenes and to massacres that he was forced to overlook.
As planned, Damian’s behaviour improved and soon, after refusing before, Anastasia had him home for holidays and such, however, at first she was careful to limit Damian and Cecylia’s contact with each other, but soon they were reunited at holidays and continued to enjoy creating trouble. It was also during this time that Anastasia prayed to Deimos to lift the curse he had laid upon the twins when they were born so that they wouldn’t feel immense fear when apart. Agreeing, on the terms that they didn’t cause havoc in the future in which they would regain the curse or face an even worse punishment, the god lifted the curse.
After many years had passed, Damian and Cecylia had settled into set personalities and both looked forward to their time with their mother. Along the way, the twins made many friends, including two strange people who went by the names of Alexander and Ania.
Despite this normality in their lives, the twins always found themselves feeling different from a regular child their age of society, and on their 12th birthday, those feelings would prove to become true. After spending the day with their mother and having a party that was composed of their friends (all of which had left, excluding Alexander and Ania), the twins were attacked by 2 Hellhounds and 3 Harpies.
Whilst the hellhounds charged at the young demigods, the harpies targeted the satyr and satyress. Not knowing how to react, Damian tried to stomp and kick the monster away, resulting in a good amount of solid hits on it, however a scar was returned on his lower left leg. After managing to stomp the hellhound to the point of it being knocked out, Damian was thrown the only remaining weapon Alexander had; a celestial bronze machete. Although he saw his sister get into the fight with the harpy she was dealing with, Damian was held back by Alexander, who tried to teach some sort of technique as he fought it off. When Alexander was disarmed, Damian panicked and threw the machete at the monster, hitting across the neck and he watched as it turned to a fine, golden dust.
After the attack, the satyr and satyress decided to show the kids their demigod side, by bringing them to CHB. Along the way, the kids were attacked by several Harpies, Hellhounds and Scythean Dracanae. While they fended for themselves, the Satyrs taught them to defend themselves, Cecylia using a pair of Celestial Bronze daggers, and Damian using his weapon.
Soon enough, they made it to Camp Half Blood, where they were claimed by Deimos. After being claimed, they promptly left to England, to spend the next 4 years in relative peace, aside from the monster attacks. On their 18th birthday, they felt a strange sensation, to make people feel sheer terror. They used their powers in the wrong way, bringing back the curse. As they were cursed before, so they are now, being haunted by the same terror that lurks in every man’s dreams.
Although he’d never tell Cecylia if she asked, Damian often experienced nightmares each night, another curse Deimos had placed on him, stating that he should’ve been stronger than what he was. The nightmares were no ordinary ones, however. They were a mixture of Damian reliving some of history’s worst moments and the negative dreams only caused by illegal drugs.
They then returned to Camp Half Blood, still cursed, but feeling relatively normal, surrounded by the other campers.
Note: 3/6/9 powers have NOT been unlocked.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to send a wave of terror out in front of them which causes anyone affected by it to imagine something they fear; the bigger the wave, the more energy used. This can leave them vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to unleash their battle-lust and fight to their full potential; however, they are temporarily blind to friend or foe and attack anyone nearby.
- Children of Deimos can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Deimos can send out waves of terror and fear that may paralyze an opponent and cause them to stop attacking for a short time. But the user cannot attack the opponent while the paralysis is in effect.
- Children of Deimos are immune to any senses of fear and terror, making it impossible for them to get scared and panic in battle.
- Children of Deimos are innately proficient in most forms of combat and hold a higher state of physical prowess.
- Children of Deimos emit an aura of fear and terror, making people at least slightly afraid when near them. They can turn it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Deimos know the fears of everyone around them, as well as how a person is likely to cope with that fear.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to calm the fear of others.
- Children of Deimos are able to project a person’s worst fears into their mind, causing temporary trauma and confusion into them. This power is only active for a short time, and loses some of its effect the more it is used on the same person.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to conjure a real version of someone's worst fears, however, the child of Deimos is not able to control the conjured fear and is susceptible to them as well; they are also drained of a moderate amount of energy when the fear is conjured.
- Children of Deimos have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which can be used to dodge or attack. Upon landing, a small tremor is unleashed which causes anybody within a few feet to lose their balance.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos have the ability to focus on a person’s fears and mimic the abilities of that fear for a short time. If the user focuses on a pyrophobe, they will get some powers over fire. If the target is scared of a specific animal, they gain some abilities of the animal. (If the feared animal is a spider, the user will be able to generate webs from their wrists and crawl on walls.) And if the target is afraid of death, the user can drain some of their life-force and make them think they’re about to die. This power cannot be used to become incredibly powerful or instantly kill and the power can only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos can turn the fear and terror of others around them into emotional energy and then tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 3 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive. The fear constructs will terrify/scare anyone they touch.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos have the ability to become a spirit made entirely of terror. In this state, they can change into a tangible form of someone or a group’s worst fear. The tangible form of the fear is the same size as that fear exists in naturally, is immune to all attacks, and the fear’s strength is greatly increased from its natural strength. The more the user is feared, and the more the form the user is in is dreaded, the stronger the user’s form is. The user can only stay in this state for a short time, after leaving this form, the user will be extremely drained, not able to move and could possibly even faint.
- Children of Deimos are known to hate the idea of losing people they care about.
- Children of Deimos typically enjoy fighting and combat, since their father is considered a war god.
- Children of Deimos normally love scaring people and watching them drown in fear and terror, making Halloween a special holiday for them.