Note: This is somewhat of a WIP and will be updated fully when I change his page coding.
Danny is somewhat cautious when it comes to meeting new people and as such he tends to be analytical about most people who speak to him so he can choose his friends wisely.
From those close to him he's described as laid-back and a person that can get most jokes. He has a pretty short temper but when it blows he tends to write all his feeling down and destroy the paper.
A few years before the birth of her second son, Victoria Jones had met a different god and had given birth to another demigod. Victoria and the god, Eros, had met each other at a bar and within the week the two had a one night stand and a baby was conceived. When he was born on 14th February 1995, Victoria was unsure. Convincing herself that she was unable to house the child due to the lack of a stable job, Victoria placed him in the nearest foster home. She had only given him a first name, Danny, before she rushed off - leaving those in the foster home to give him the last name Brookshire. Growing up in the foster home and being one of the only ones who's parents didn't want any and didn't have any contact with him, Danny was always cold towards those who had experienced memories with their parents. He was fostered a few times from the ages of 2 and 3, but was always brought back due to his behaviour. Despite this, on his 4th birthday he was adopted by a middle aged man and moved to New York City.
Now settled in a new environment, Danny began to warm up to people in general and somehow managed to create a reputation of a chatterbox. His adoptive father, Felix Potterman (a demigod himself), felt almost proud at this achievement and began to go out of his way to make sure Danny remained sociable, fearing he could revert to his old ways once more.
For the most part, Danny had a good life with Felix as the man's profession was in the medical industry which ensured the family of two always had enough money. Things only really started to go downhill when Felix married Arabella, a woman from a upper class family when Danny was 8. From that point on, weekly trips out to the local park stopped, surprise take-outs also became less frequent and the attention Danny once had from Felix turned into virtually nothing. All throughout this Arabella made no attempts to speak to Danny, her only interaction being when Felix doted on the child.
The marriage was perfect for a couple of years before it turned sour and the two began to distance themselves from each other. In attempts to make amends, Felix relocated his family to Santa Monica where he hoped he could not only connect with Arabella, but Danny as he noticed that he was beginning to become cold once more. In another new setting, the family became closer again for a couple of months before the relationship Felix and Arabella had became abusive. The abuse never came to Danny until the point where neither of them wanted to admit they were at the wrong and had long since stopped hurting each other. Everyday Danny would get pinched or have a burning spoon put on his hand and be told it was his fault that they were in the situation they were in.
Eventually, when Danny was 12 the small abuses turned into full out punches by his drunken parents who had since divorced but continued to live in the same apartment complex for the "benefit" of aforementioned. The abuse calmed down a couple of months before Danny's 13th birthday as Arabella had been convicted of murdering her two month old child and in order to evade it, she had apparently fled the state. Since the departure of Arabella, the relationship between Felix and Danny was rebuilt to an extent before it was ultimately destroyed on Danny's 13th birthday.
Like most demigods from similar parentage, Danny had his first monster attack when he was 13. The monster itself was a basic hellhound that'd seemingly stalked Danny a few weeks prior to his attack. Only days before the event, Danny and Felix had another massive argument in which Felix declared he'd rather see Danny killed by the monster attack that was due to happen. From then, Danny had ran from his home and had hid in a nearby park. When the attack eventually happened, Danny was contemplating returning home and Felix was out searching for him. The two had managed to avoid each other for the majority of the day and when they did meet up was when the hellhound was due. Usually, a parent would rejoice about finding their missing child, however Felix scolded Danny and got prepared to physically abuse him again when the hellhound pounced. It took a few seconds for Danny to process what was going on, but when he realised something was attacking him, he somehow freed himself from Felix's grip and sidestepped, allowing the monster to attack his father.
Seeing Felix being brutally murdered caused Danny to run in the opposite direction in hopes that the monster wouldn't catch up to him. As he ran, he heard the hellhound chase after him, but when he looked back he found only a pile of golden dust where it should've been. To the side of one of the roads, someone stood with a sword drawn. Finding whatever he had been exposed to too confusing, Danny continued to follow the road, figuring that he had nothing else to lose.
Danny continued to run until he came across a small camp of people who, after he explained his current situation, welcomed him in, stating that they two had similar experiences and that they'd house him until he was ready. The group of people were in fact a group of demigods who hadn't committed to Camp and preferred to stay independent. For the next few years Danny remained with the group, training with a basic sword and aiding in the many monster attacks that occurred.
Being in the group until he was 16, Danny had easily risen in the rank system to one of the leaders in a sense. Danny managed to uphold the position until pressure became too much for him and he cracked. Although he refused to show it to the group at first, Danny slowly began to slip and he was essentially banished from the group by the time he was 18 due to the drug addiction he had developed. In fact, his drug problem became so bad he was dependent on a guy in the nearby town who threatened him often and wasn't afraid to harm him.
For the next year of his life, Danny was essentially homeless and only got by from getting money from begging or sleeping around. A lot of his daily essentials were acquired by stealing so, following his former step-mother's path, Danny went across states to flee from the police until he eventually arrived at Camp where he was attacked by a harpy which severely injured him.
Note: 3/6/9 Powers have NOT been unlocked.
- Children of Eros can manipulate the thoughts of a person for a short period of time in order to make them able to only think about the person or thing they love or favor most. Once used on a person it becomes ineffective on that person for a moderate amount of time.
- Children of Eros have the ability to focus an emotional energy beam out of their love, which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Eros can cause people of the gender they are attracted to, to lose all desire to attack them for a short time (in the case being that they are bisexual or pansexual etc it would be only people with the same gender of their current or most recent partner). Once the child is attracting someone, they cannot attack. So the power is purely defensive.
- Children of Eros can generate a veil of the emotional energy from the feeling of love, the veil will protect them from damage for a short time, but cannot be used if the child does not have the love to fuel it.
- Children of Eros cause anyone of the opposite gender to be, at least slightly, attracted to them, they also attract people of the same gender that consider themselves gay or lesbian.
- Children of Eros are innately proficient archers.
- Children of Eros have a partial resistance to charmspeak, charm-touch etc.
- Children of Eros can detect emotional ties between different people, if they’re lovers, friends etc. and can find out about someone’s previous partners, including: if they had sex, and how long the relationship lasted. They can also easily tell their sexuality and ideal partner, it works better the more emotionally concerned the child of Eros is for the target.
- Children of Eros can manipulate the feeling of love of people by either removing it or increasing it towards themselves or other people. This is temporary and requires a lot of energy, although using it towards oneself requires less than if it were towards other people. Ex: They can make someone love and admire them, or hate them, or make best friends hate each other, or two enemies feel love for eachother.
- Children of Eros can infuse emotional love magic into their arrows or any other weapon in their possession, if the weapons hits the intended target, the target will temporarily fall in love with the first object or person they see for a moderate time. After which, the target is immune to further use of it for the rest of the fight. (Note:The Love magic works better when used with arrows though.)
- Children of Eros can decrease or increase someone’s lust, such as increasing a desire for sexual intercourse or simply wiping it out. An increase in sexual desire can be resisted by sheer willpower and will only last for a short time, this depends on the magnitude of the target’s sexual desire before it was attempted to be altered.
- Since their father was depicted as a winged god, children of Eros can sprout wings for a short time, this enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros can infuse magic into their grasp, and ‘charm-touch’ another person into doing their will or revealing a secret to them. The person will remain under the control of the charm-touch for a few minutes or until control is relinquished, and the child of Eros must touch the skin of the person they want to affect. ‘Charm-touch’ is considered more powerful and can override charmspeak due to the fact the user must make physical contact with the target.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros are now able to channel their loving emotional energies to construct combative and non-combative objects, formed one at a time and no more than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, which takes on beautiful, magnificent and seemingly harmless appearances depending on the user's preferences. They can also create semi-living constructs under the user’s complete control. However, their ability to use the power, and control the construct, is hindered before or during use when they experience emotions that are like hate or malice. As these emotions are felt, the strength of the object begins to fade, becoming dull and brittle.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros can feed off the love they’ve given or received in their lives and become an embodiment of love. This would make them more powerful, immune to all attacks, enhancing their physical prowess and power over emotional energy they previously possessed. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they would lack the ability to even move for some time.
- In some cases Children of Eros tend to be fiercely loyal and compassionate to their loved ones, friends, and family. In other cases, they love creating romantic strife. Cheating on partners, seducing others already in relationships etc.
- Children of Eros tend to be very flirty and attractive, causing them to retain a youthful skin/hair/facial appearance than others after completing puberty.
- Children of Eros tend to be very mischievous and cunning, often seen making plans to prank or matchmake other campers.
- Children of Eros typically get along with children of Aphrodite.