Nemo grew up on and around the ocean and is very much a beach child. He usually found smiling and is very helpful, especially if you need help with your bonfire, BBQ, or learning how to surf.
Nemo is about 6 feet tall with tanned skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. He has a lean athletic build from countless days swimming, surfing, paddleboarding, and just about any other activity that can be done on or in the water. He typically can be found wearing loose shirts and shorts with dark sunglasses, when not in his wetsuit that is.When in his shark form, he takes on the shape of a Lemon Shark.
Ginelle Nimoy was a recent college grad, just starting out in the tourism and hospitality industry when she met a very charming man who treated her like a princess for all the things she considered just to be normal parts of her personality. She fell in love and eventually started sleeping with the man. It wasn’t long before he got called away to an office in some part of the world she had never heard of. After he disappeared, she discovered she was pregnant.
Nemo was born in San Francisco 9 months later. His mom worked hard to keep food on the table and eventually earned a promotion to work in some of the oceanfront offices for her company in the LA area. When they arrived, Nemo felt drawn to the beaches and soon became quite a skilled surfer. He made friends with many of the beach regulars and store owners.
When he was 14, he ran into Keira, Sam, and Dani. They had many common interests and all started hanging out together. Nemo became pretty much the big brother of the group since he was the oldest and biggest in the group. They started calling themselves Ohana, or family, because that was what it really felt like to each one.
A few months later, he met a newcomer form New York named Drake. Drake became a member of the Ohana almost immediately. A short time after that, Aubrey going the band as well and the family seemed pretty complete. They spent many long months enjoying all that the beach lifestyle had to offer.
A year or two later though, Aubrey suddenly disappeared. The family split up to look for her, but that turned out to be a disaster since Keira went missing as well during the search. Weeks went by without either one and Nemo was really starting to worry that he would never see his little sisters again.
He decided to head out into the surf early one morning to watch the sunrise and try to relax. When he was passing by a stand of seaweed though, several fronds started to wave like snakes and quickly wrapped themselves around his legs, pulling him under. He struggled as much as he could, slashing away at them with the emergency knife he kept strapped to his ankle.Eventually though, one wrapped around his arm and made him drop the knife. Without being able to fight his way back up to the surface, his breath ran out and he slipped into blackness.
He awoke to find he was being kissed by a strange blue skinned girl. Then it hit him, she was not kissing him, she was doing CPR. He realized he was not dead after all, but pretty darn close to it. He sat up and coughed out some of the water still in his lungs. The girl introduced herself as a sea nymph before going into a rant about how poor of a hero he was for wandering blindly into the grasp of a sea monster.
Nemo’s questions and puzzled expression quickly made her realize he had not been claimed yet and was now in even greater danger from knowing more about his true origin. She help get him into hiding while she explained that he would have to go to a camp far away where he would be safer. She then left briefly to go get help and soon returned with Hermes camper visiting his family in the area. Nemo was escorted back to camp, wondering if he would ever see his friends or family again.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to grow multiple rows of shark teeth and then dislocate their jaws in order to attack with them.
- Children of Palaemon are able to tap into primal shark instincts which allows them to attack with enhanced speed and ferocity. However, this ability can often lose to loss of self-control and only lasts for a short time.
- Children of Palaemon can become thick skinned like a shark while in human form which causes them to be resistant to physical attacks.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to create a defensive shield made from the electroreceptive energies they perceive around them for a short time (sharks have the ability to detect eletrical stimuli around them).Due to the electrical nature of the shield, if anyone comes in contact with it they would receive an electric shock.
- Children of Palaemon can innately breathe underwater and everything they touch in their human form, stays or becomes dry in water, unless they want to become wet.
- Children of Palaemon, can survive falling from high altitudes as long as they land in water, they can also go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the water pressure.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to hear prey or enemies from many miles away, as sharks have extremely sharp senses of hearing
- Children of Palaemon are normally affected by blood and when they smell it much like a shark. They will normally go into a frenzied rage and attack whoever is at the source of the blood. If the target is an ally, they can resist the urges through sheer willpower.
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to summon sharks and command them. The more sharks summoned/commanded and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Palaemon are able to transform into any currently living species of shark while underwater. The longer they remain in this form, the more energy it drains; and the longer the break they need between transformations.
- As Palaemon was also a sea god, his children have the ability to Water Travel, a sort of teleportation; the further the distance, the more is energy drained, and there must be a substantial amount of water at both ends.
- Children of Palaemon have a degree of control over water, but not to the extent of a child of Poseidon. They can manipulate water to be used as a shield or move water to fire a water blast of high pressure. And they can telekinetically move it with their mind. The longer they maintain control over water, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Palaemon have the ability to transform the surrounding area into a harbor as their father was the patron god of harbors. Whilst this harbor is in use, the user can fight in its waters and have their existing powers enhanced substantially. The harbor that the user creates can vary in size, and the larger the harbor is the more it drains the user. After the user relinquishes hold on the harbor they are somewhat drained and the power may only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Palaemon can materialize semi-living water constructs that take the form of sharks. The constructs have the strength and instincts of normal sharks. They can float around in the air and will follow the commands of the user. They can summon up to 3 sharks, such as Great Whites or Hammerheads, or up to 7 smaller ones such as a cookie cutter sharks. The bigger they are and the longer they stay solid, the more energy is drained. Once the user dismisses the sharks, they are somewhat drained and the water sharks dissipate into harmless puddles of water.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Palaemon can morph their bodies into a humanoid shark form, in this form their strength is doubled. Their skin becomes durable as in Defensive 1. Their skeletons turn into cartilage, much like that of a sharks, so that they become more flexible and their bones more resilient. This can aid them in fights as it halves the weight of their bones, making them lighter on their feet and faster as they have less weight to move around. Also their existing Hydrokinetic abilities become stronger. Once the user reverts to their normal form, they are quite drained and will struggle to move or stay conscious.
- Children of Palaemon, usually prefer to be near and/or in the water.
- Children of Palaemon, generally enjoy water sports, and are excellent swimmers.
- Children of Palaemon are normally talented at chasing and hunting their prey.
- Children of Palaemon tend to be much more comfortable than other people with swimming in the ocean because they are not frightened by sharks.
Items of Note
His surfboard (needs to have it shipped from home)
|Ginelle Nimoy||Mom||She is soo cool|
|Palaemon||Dad||Never met him, but he sounds kinda cool|
|Keira West||Ohana||She is like my little sister. I hope she is ok.|
|Aubrey Taylor||Ohana/Girlfriend||How did I ever end up with such a perfect girl? I have no idea really, but I must have done something to please the gods.|