Derrick is sometimes calm but he's also very energetic, outgoing, shy, and sometimes nervous. He's very smart, but not very good at reading due to the fact he has dyslexia. He sometimes takes things too seriously and gets upset, but not very often.
20 year old Veronica met Zeus at a pub in London, England and both were drunk. Zeus, disguised himself as 21 year old Samuel, and took home Veronica and the two slept together. The next morning, Veronica woke up with a hangover and Zeus was gone without a trace. A month later, Veronica found out she was pregnant when she started to eat a lot and missed her period. She wasn't ready to have a child and was pretty mad when Samuel left her pregnant. Then, she heard a knock at her door. She answered the door and found Samuel at the door. She was pretty relieved when she saw him, but he said he was a god and could no longer be with her. He left just like last time and was pretty upset. A year later, Veronica had a baby boy and named him Derrick. She loved him, yet Derrick looks a lot like Samuel and she was pretty upset. They packed up their stuff and moved to New York.
8 years later, Derrick, now 9 years old, had a friend named Markus and nothing can tear them apart. Markus wasn't very outgoing and always hidden in the shadows. Derrick always tried to get him to be outgoing. And Derrick felt like he was being watched and he was. During recess, Derrick complained to his teacher that someone was watching him. She looks at the man but he was walking away at the time. The teacher shoo'd him to play recess. Of course, Derrick never got over the feeling. 5 years later, Derrick, now 13 years old, had ADHD and dyslexia and made it hard to be in school. He got picked on a lot and Markus tried his best to keep him out of trouble. Markus was over Derrick's house one day, Markus informed Veronica that Derrick was a demigod and he was in more danger than ever. Veronica grabbed a map to camp and packed her things. Markus held up a ring and said it was a sword in disguise. It was crafted for Derrick for defense. When Derrick was returning home, Veronica and Markus were just leaving. Veronica ordered Derrick to get in the car and he obeyed. He got into the passenger side and Markus got into the back. Veronica drove them to the camp, but the car flipped over. Veronica struggled to get out but something was blocking the door. 3 hellhounds ripped apart the car and attacked Derrick head on. 2 campers attacked the hellhounds. But, it was too late. Derrick had many scars and cuts on him. "Mum, I love you." Derrick said, and died. Veronica wept over him, cradling his corpse. She prayed to Zeus to make him come back. Zeus took pity on Derrick and made him into a Lighting Spirit. When Veronica thought Derrick was still dead, Derrick hugged her informing her that we was alive. She was no longer sad, instead she cried tears of joy. After that, Veronica got out his bag, the only one that survived the attack. Markus stood next to Derrick as he waved goodbye to his mother. Markus and the two campers led Derrick into camp.
- They have the ability to create small bolts of lightning that can be directed to strike near them; doing so drains them a moderate amount.
- They have the ability to shed their flesh and turn into pure lightning for a short time and while in this state, the user is immune to all attacks and anything they touch is intensely burned; however, once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time.
- They have the ability to hover or fly, however, the longer they fly the more it drains them.
- They can predict where lightning will strike and when during an electrical or lightning storm
- They are innately resistant to both electricity and lightning.
- They have a telepathic/empathetic connection with nature and other nymphs
- As they are nymphs they do not age, remaining eternally young.
- They are rarely afraid of heights.
- They are prone to being claustrophobic, as they generally prefer open spaces.
|Veronica Freeman||Mother||"Thanks for being there for me. Without you, I don't know where I'll be."|
|Zeus||Father||"You did bring me back to live, I guess you're alright."|
|Markus||Friend/Protector||"Thanks for helping me get to camp and keeping me out of trouble. Who knows what trouble I'll get in here."|