Drew appears to be in his late teens. He stands about 6 feet tall and is very well muscled. Not extreme body builder type of size, but certainly fits the ideal shape for a warrior. He is certain to intimidate most people who don't get to know his real personality. He has rought cut, light brown hair and emerald green eyes.
Drew is very calm and quiet most of the time. He could almost pass for a statue when he is keeping an eye on a situation, surprising many when he finally decides to act. He is a die-hard defender of nature and will not tolerate those who do not respect nature's balance. He tries to give people as many chances as possible though to make the right call or make amends for their actions, so he will typically not rush to judgements. When angered, he can be a devastating fighter, but will try to avoid killing or causing permanent injury as much as possible.
For those that are able to get past his serious exterior, they will find a rather warm hearted young man who is very concerned about the well being of all. He is very much a physical healer as well as a spiritual one, but uses natural folk remedies (many of them effective) rather than modern medical procedures or magical healing.
Drew grew up in a small, out-of-the-way mountain village where he had plenty of contact with the woods, but very little exposure to modern day living. His parent is a field researcher who prefers to spend his/her time doing hands-on work in the wild rather than be cooped up in a lab somewhere. By following his parent around, Drew learned many lessons about the cycles of life and became very proficient at living off the land.
He might have been passed over by the monsters and lived to a very old age as a mountain hermit, if a logging company had not taken an interest in the ancient trees of his home. Drew was so outraged that he started to sabotage the workers' equipment and even ambush some of them, when he could catch them alone. Unfortunately for him, a pair of cyclops had signed on with the crew for the pure enjoyment of smashing down trees. Drew quickly got in over his head with them and suffered numerous injuries before a satyr working with an environmental group rescued him and set him on his path to Camp Half-Blood.
- Children of Demeter have the ability to shoot poisonous pine out from their hands which acts as a powerful paralytic for a short time.
- Children of Demeter can create weapons made from plants, flowers, and trees in order to aid them in combat. The larger the weapons, the more energy is drained. Flowers, plants, and trees, can also be reshaped to reinforce existing weapons and only one weapon may exist at a time.
- Children of Demeter have the ability to create a large protective dome of thick plants around them for a short time. Although they will die after a few moments.
- Children of Demeter have the innate ability to talk plants to life, either making them grow more quickly or bringing them back from a recent death.
- Children of Demeter can understand the overall well-being and conditions of plants, as well as fully interpret their emotions and communicate with them.
- Children of Demeter are always surrounded by an aura that normally causes plants to grow where they have walked. They can shut it off for a moderate time if they wish.
- Children of Demeter are innately stronger during the Spring and Summer months due to the happiness of Demeter with the return of Persephone.
- Children of Demeter have the ability to create ropes of vines and telekinetically move them.
- Children of Demeter can create and control sap, the sticky substance, distract an opponent ,bind their bodies in it and cloak themselves in a coat of sap that grants extreme resistance to physical attacks due to most weapons simply sticking to the thick sap. .
- Children of Demeter are able to make plants (i.e. grain, barley, corn, etc) grow so tall that it hampers the movements of those around them for a short time; the longer they maintain the growth, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Demeter have the power of Plant Travel which grants them the ability to teleport from one plant to another. A small tree, patch of grass or even a flower will suffice. The further the distance traveled, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Demeter have the ability to create a Venus Flytrap, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which will attempt to swallow anything that comes near it. It will only appear for a short time before dissipating.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Demeter have the ability to animate a tree to the point that it can walk around and fight for the user. The animated tree will be quite strong and durable and unable to feel pain. It only lasts for a short time and more energy will be drained depending on the size of the tree. Only up to 3 trees can be animated at a time.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Demeter can transform their bodies structure to match that of a plant’s for a short time. The user will be a humanoid plant, the type of plant will be completely up to their choice. As long as it’s not poisonous or carnivorous. In this form, the user is immune to pain and can quickly regenerate from any injury, their existing chlorokinetic abilties are stronger as well. Once the transformation ends, the user will be extremely drained. Unable to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Demeter are normally good cooks, as their mother is the goddess of harvest and agriculture.
- Children of Demeter generally grow up to be excellent gardeners and farmers, possessing a love and talent for raising plant life.
- Children of Demeter tend to be much happier during the spring and summer and often very sour and grumpy during the fall and winter.
- Children of Demeter often have a taste and love for bread.
Items of Note
A green and brown cloak that allows him some degree of camouflage in most woodland settings
A solid walking staff that can be used as a basic weapon, if needed.
|Herb Thornton||Father||Loves him.|
|Demeter||Mother||Unsure, just found out about her.|
|Lola Madison||Girlfriend||Every moment with her is special to me.|