He’s an introvert and a quiet Choleric-Melancholy. He loves to be a leader and wants everything to be fair.
I am Duranjaya of the Mohawk...my story starts in 1760 when my father, Jagmohan, took me in and raised me. He was a great man, wise and fair to all people, he was also a great warrior of the tribe. Under his tutelage I learned the ways of the bow, tomahawk and the hunt. Then one night when I was about thirteen years old he took me on a hunt deep in the woods. We were tracking down a deer when we heard a strange noise in the bushes. It was unlike any sound I’ve heard and I can still remember it vividly today. My father, with arrow on the string, stalked toward the sound. Without warning a mass of black fur and red eyes pounced on my father! Within a second a huge dog was on top of him, but it wasn’t after Jagmohan…it was after me! It charged! Teeth bared and eyes bright with malice. I was frozen with fear I tried to reach for my tomahawk and remember my training, but it was too late…the dog was too close. Just when I thought I’d feel claws and fangs a body was thrust in front of me. Blood sprayed on my face, but all I could think about was that the body…the body of my father. I could see the claws protruding out of his back and fangs penetrating his left shoulder. The dog let go and my father’s body fell to the ground. For a moment I was stunned, but the emotion quickly turned to rage! Pure and plain rage! I screamed with anger and sorrow, and then charged at the black dog! It was probably either the most stupid or brave thing I had ever done. I slashed left and right with my two tomahawks until the dog literally turned to golden dust, but I couldn’t bask in my victory, I even failed to notice that my tomahawks had become a sort of yellow color. My thoughts were filled with my father as I threw down my weapons and ran to his side. I turned him over so he wasn’t face down, but the sight was gruesome. There was no denying that he was dying. “D-Duranjaya…my son I am so proud of you,” he managed to say, and then he breathed his last. I shook his body and screamed his name, but his body remained lifeless. I remember him saying that justice always came to those who deserved it, but how could a great man…a great leader be killed in such a horrible way? How could this be justice? I was so angry…so sad that I just sat next to his body for hours. Then four Mohawk came looking for us and when they saw the body of one of their leaders they mourned. Then after a few moments they picked him up and carried him toward the village.
Wailing and tears erupted as the four Mohawk men carried my father into the village. I was forgotten and ignored as the people of my tribe gathered around their fallen leader. I was okay with that, I couldn’t bear to see the sad faces, but when the sorrow died down suspicion fell on me. That’s when I learned that sadness can blind people…some people thought I stabbed him the back…others that I had sold him out to the enemy tribe though they all seemed to overlook my age and size. As a result of this no one would take me in…except an old man named Janardan who lived on the edge of the tribe. He welcomed me with open arms, but his family seemed reluctant. This troubled me, so one night when the rest of the family was asleep in the longhouse I asked him, “Why does everyone seem to be afraid of me?”
With a chuckle he answered, “Because of your mother.”
“My mother?” No one talked about my mother so I listened intently.
“Yes, one day she mysteriously appeared in our village. She was very beautiful, but she radiated power and as a result no one would let her in…except your father. They fell in love and in time you came along...then she disappeared, this frightened the people even more and you were considered a demon, but because Jagmohan, one of their leaders, was your father they kept their mouths shut. Now that he is dead you will be treated like a disease.”
“Why aren’t you afraid of me?”
“Because I know you are not a demon, but a gift from god. You inherited your father’s just and fair nature while still possessing some of your mother’s power. I am telling you Duranjaya that you are meant for great things.”
In the days that followed, Janardan’s words became true. People were treating me like a dog, they called me demon or back-stabber or even traitor, but Janardan was always there to protect me. Then two years later the Revolutionary war erupted. Our tribe was divided some went to fight with the Colonists, while others sided with the British. Janardan and I stayed in our home we didn’t want to join a side we just wanted to live in peace, but fate wouldn’t allow it. One day four British soldiers came to our door. They demanded our allegiance; I would fight in the army while Janardan would take in the wounded and tired. We both disagreed. We wanted no part in the blood bath, but the soldiers wouldn’t take no for an answer, so one of them took out his military sword and sliced my companion across the chest! The old man staggered back and fell onto the floor. Like the time my father was killed pure rage and anger took over my body! I grabbed Janardan’s favorite tomahawk and charged at the red coats. They reached for their bayonets, but I was too fast and was able to get in a close range. It was military sword versus tomahawk! They encircled me, but I wasn’t fazed. I started twirling and dancing around like an Apache! I was able to hit my mark on the four soldiers and within minutes four bodies lay at my feet. I quickly ran to Janardan’s side…it was too late…he was gone. So, like Mohawk tradition, I dressed him in his favorite clothes and put his tomahawk on his side before burying him. This was the second time someone close to me has died.
A few days later I had joined the Colonists and had taken on the name, Levi Gardner. Though for some reason I wasn’t fully supporting the Colonists view on the war. To me they seemed like traitors, people revolting against their own people. They started a war that broke apart families, trade, hurt my people and caused much bloodshed. So I decided to break away from them and instead walk the line of balance, the gray area between the two sides. I started to balance out the odds for the two sides and I even drew a small following. Then one night everything changed. I was fast asleep when a woman entered my dreams, she was beautiful, but radiated power. Without being told I knew this was my mother. She looked me up and down before saying, "I'm sorry that I can't meet you in person, but Zeus has made laws and because of my feelings towards justice I cannot break them."
"Why do you appear now, after all these years?" I asked
"Because you have caught my eye young one. You have proved that you can walk the fine line between right and wrong. You can give what people deserve and take away what doesn't. So I have a proposal for you.”
“What is it?”
“I will give you immortal life, but in exchange I want you to try to keep balance between two sides. A hard task, are you up to it?”
“Why don’t you do it yourself?”
“I can only keep balance from afar; you on the other hand can roam around freely in the mortal world. You can make things happen, that I cannot. Do you accept?”
She smiled “Duranjaya son of Jagmohan I grant you eternal life.” I suddenly woke up sweating and for a second I thought it was just a dream, but there was no explaining the power I felt then. For the next hundred years I tried my best to keep balance. Mother would send me instructions and I would carry them out. I assassinated, stole and bombed…I was a part of almost every war. Though I have to say there were many failures, but I always got back up. Then I started getting tired and questioning my life. Was I only meant for killing and keeping balance? Every time I saw a family or a couple in love my heart ached. Seeing my sadness my mother sent me to Camp Half Blood for a few years leave and I was instantly claimed. I was ready for a new life.
- Children of Nemesis have the ability to send a small wave of energy which will cause anyone effected to lose their balance and fall; after the effects have worn off, a person is immune to further effects of this for a moderate time.
- Children of Nemesis, after receiving a wound, are able to empower their next successful attack, causing it to do more damage than it normally would.
- Children of Nemesis can create a field of energy around them that causes all people nearby to lose their balance fall to the ground and continue to fall if they try to get up; the user is drained the longer the field is sustained.
- Children of Nemesis are innately balanced and are great at climbing.
- Children of Nemesis have innate reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Nemesis are able to empower a wounded ally with the fervor to achieve vengeance upon the one who wounded them; this effect greatly increases the strength and speed of the ally when they fight the one who wounded them until vengeance is achieved.
- Children of Nemesis have the ability to cause someone near them to regard others with no personal favor or disdain and consider everything based purely upon facts.
3 Months After Character is Made
- For every attack against them, Children of Nemesis have the ability to create a counter-attack that is equal in force to the attack made against them. The user is temporarily vulnerable and weakened after each use, so they must be used sparingly
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nemesis have the ability to link themselves and another person into a state of pure balance, forcing the other person to mirror the child of Nemesis’ movements without the ability to move of their own accord and while this link is sustained, any wound that either of the two suffers, the other suffers it as well; once the link is broken, on top of retaining any wounds sustained while linked, the child of Nemesis is greatly drained and unable to fight for a moderate time.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nemesis can create a field around them, and anyone within that field has their demigod powers neutralised for a short time, anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, this puts anyone fighting around the child of Nemesis on even turf as they all can only use their melee/hand to hand combat skills to fight with. While the child is perpetuating this field, they are not able to attack themselves and are vulnerable.
Made: 23 December 2012
- Children of Nemesis tend to be well balanced people
- They can tell when someone's life is out of balance with either too much good or too much bad
|Jagmohan||Father||He was a great man and did not deserve to die!|
|Janardan||Close friend||He was the only man to take me into his home...|
|Nemesis||Mother||She's okay though I have only seen her in dreams.|
|London Worthy||Friend||Saved her life once...|
|Astrid Myx||Ex - Girlfriend||I don't know what to feel right now ...|