He is very blunt most of the time, but he knows how to be very cunning and charming when he wants to be. Very kind to his friends and especially loyal to those he holds dearly. He is very protective of the innocent people in his neighborhood. He is a huge history buff. He is also gay.
Henry was a demigod son of Ares, and to one of the woman in the Milano Family in LA. The family taught Henry many skills but even than he had the normal life of a demigod, growing up with monster attacks, than going to Camp Half Blood. He learned and trained in the camp but at the age of 20 he returned to LA at the request of his mother and started working with the Milano Family. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> Henry became known as the Knight of the Milano Family, a feared warrior, and defender of the weak. His reputation drew the attention of Hecate/Eris/Apate. Henry was in a bar having just turned 21 when he met her, and they soon ended up in bed. After a night of passion, where neither the Knight nor the Goddess slept at all, Hecate/Eris/Apate relived that she was actually a goddess. Henry was a bit shocked but after that night he didn’t see her again. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> One day there was a basket on Henry’s door with a baby boy in it. There was a note from Hecate/Eris/Apate, asking Henry to look after their son, Dustin. Henry was amazed and happy that he did have a child. For years, Henry and the Milano Family looked after Dustin. Henry encouraged Dustin to learn about sword fighting and how to wield a spear. He also pushed Dustin towards learning history, both of the mafia’s history, and ancient history, focusing on Greek society and mythology. This inspired Dustin to have a great love of history. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> Henry never hid his job in the mafia from Dustin, and was quiet frank about how he hated killing, but did it to protect those important to him. Dustin looked up to his father as a great warrior. Henry overall hated keeping secrets from Dustin, and rarely did, but the one thing he didn’t tell Dustin was who his mother was. Also the fact that Dustin was being hunted by monsters. Henry made sure to kill most of the monsters that got close to them. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> Dustin was involved with the mafia at a very young age. At first it was just helping the older members out with small tasks like fetching papers or food and drink, while listening to their stories. After that, Dustin started to get involved with taking care of some of the younger kids that would cause trouble for the neighborhood. This culminated in trying to take down a gang that had popped up. The teenager in charge was a man by the name of Jarred Swan. Who was a blood thirsty killer ravaging the alleyways. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> Finally a monster did get through Henry’s defense. At the time, Dustin was 15 he was doing some training drills with a spear that his father had gotten him for his 14th birthday. He heard a weird slithering sound from behind him and when he whipped around holding the spear ready, he saw a snake woman, which he immediately recognized as a Scythian Dracanae. He jabbed forward with his spear and the Dracanae recoiled in fear. What Dustin didn’t know was that his spear head was a mixture of steel and celestial bronze. Dustin didn’t let this advantage go and charged forward, thrusting his spear towards a chink in the Dracanae armor and it burst into dust. He panted some and sat down, running a hair through his hand. A few minutes later Henry came running in, his sword and shield out and looking around. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> After Dustin explained what happened Henry sat down and came clean about everything. He explained that Dustin was a demi-god, and that his mother was Hecate/Eris/Apate. Dustin accepted it all, how could he not possibly accept it after what he just saw. When Henry said that Dustin should head to Camp Half Blood, Dustin refused. He was still trying to take care of Jarred. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> After a month, Dustin got word that the leader had left to head to New York. Dustin and his father talked to the head of the Milano family and it was agreed that they would go to New York to help one of the allied families contain the teenager. They spent the time helping out the other family, with no word about the teenager they were looking for. They fought against a few monsters while there. After a few years, he was greeted with a note on his bed side table when he woke up. It was a message from his mother, saying that he needed to go to camp half blood, to learn how to use his abilities if he ever wanted a chance against the teenager, Jarred Swan. </p> <p class="MsoNormal"> Dustin showed his father the note and Henry agreed. He pulled out a magic short spear that could shrink down into a bracelet. He finally agreed and Henry took him to Camp Half Blood, before heading back to LA. Dustin nodded and walked across the boundary line. </p>
- Children of Hecate have the ability to fire an intense beam of magical energy which will burn anything it touches. The ability can also be focused into small magical bullets, which have better range but are less damaging than a beam.
- Children of Hecate have the ability to use magic to electrically charge something made of metal for a short time.
- Children of Hecate are able to create a protective dome of magical energy around them for a short time.
- Children of Hecate are able to become ethereal in form for a short time, which temporarily causes all attacks to go through them. In this state, they cannot attack an opponent and if they do their ethereal state will dissipate instantly.
- Children of Hecate have the innate ability to see in all directions at once.
- Children of Hecate are innately stronger at night.
- Children of Hecate are able to communicate with the dead to gather information.
- Children of Hecate are adept at making potions and elixirs, however potions used in battle cannot be overly powerful or altering to the events of the battle. Potions that can automatically heal all wounds or restore all energy are examples of over-powered potions. Only descendants of Hecate/Circe and Lampades can create potions. Overconsumption of potions can result in overdose symptoms and some potions could have side-effects or not work at all.
- Children of Hecate can conjure spells to teleport themselves and allies. The further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hecate can cast a levitation spell on themselves for a short time which will allow them to fly, the longer they levitate the more power it drains. The spell can also be used items and enemies.
- Children of Hecate are able to use some healing spells to quickly heal minor wounds and slowly heal major wounds. Fatal wounds cannot be healed.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Hecate are able to control the Mist around them, allowing them to create optical illusions that can fool even demigods. The illusions can confuse enemies with false memories, alter the appearance of the user or their allies, change the appearance of items or weapons or even alter the appearance of the environment to an extent. Changes to the Mist only last for a short time, mist control is less draining than custom spells. (6 month)
6 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Hecate have the ability to create new spells, whether they were trained, self-taught or devised the spell on the fly. The spells can be minor, such as locating, summoning animals, divination or controlling emotions. Or they can be more advanced and powerful such as controlling the elements, pure magical energy, necromancy, curses and summoning monsters or magical guardians. Spells cannot be overly powerful or controlling. The more complex and powerful the spell, the more energy it drains from the user.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Hecate have the ability to focus all their magical abilities into transforming themselves into any living being, or even a being of their own imagination. This power is, in essence, the ability to shapeshift into anything the user can imagine. The user can transform into another human, an animal, a monster, or anything in between. The transformation can last as long as the user wishes it to, but the longer they hold their form the more it drains them. They cannot cast any spells while the transformation is in place and they cannot transform into anything overly powerful. (Like a rabbit that can make people’s heads explode with a thought. ) The form they shift into cannot be larger than 2 to 3 times the human size of the user, and after the user resumes their regular form they are severely drained. Unable to move from exhaustion and they could possibly faint. This power can only be used once in a fight.
- Children of Hecate typically love the magical arts, many of them are known for writing spellbooks. Her children have created/re-introduced and improved spells and techniques all over history.
- Necromancy is commonly a favored magical art among children of Hecate.
- Children of Hecate are known for being quite mysterious.
- Children of Hecate are often more active and exhibit better moods at night and in dark environments.
- Children of Hecate wield innate knowledge and understanding of the Mist.
(This character does not have the 3-6-9 powers yet)