Son of the Sea
Member of Ortu Justitae
(This Character Belongs to Blood
|| It is better to have a known enemy than a forced ally.
Name’s Edward White. I’m 16 years old. I am a son of Pontus, the sea. I was born to Lily White, a navy captain, in 1995. I was born and grew up in London. My mother took care of me the first year. Then, when she had to return to the navy, she let a couple nannies take care of me.
Such went the next two years. She was home exactly one week a year. However, then she just stopped coming home. I wasn’t old enough to understand what had happened, but when I grew older, a letter was given to me. It was from my mother. Edward
"My son, if you receive this letter I am dead. I am probably lying on the bottom of the ocean somewhere. There are some things you need to know. First of all, your father’s name is Pontus."
My eyes widened as I thought “The Pontus?”
"I think you may already have figured out what he is. Yes, your father is the god of sea. However, he is what they call a protogenoi, and as such the Olympians do not like him. In fact they hate him. If they ever found out that I had an affair with him, they will probably kill me. Something like, hitting me with a lightning, making our house burn down, making my ship go down in a storm."
My eyes widen again, as that is exactly what happened, according to the man who told me.
"Now, you need to know, there is a camp for persons like you, Demigods. But according to Pontus, they would not accept you. So I ask that you find somewhere else to go. Your father also left a weapon for you in my care. It is a transforming weapon. In its sealed form, it is a folding knife. You should find it in this letter. If it isn’t here, then heads will roll. Anyway, it has two blades. If you fold out the larger one, it changes into a trident. However, if you fold out the smaller one it changes into a short sword. Now that you know what you are, monsters will probably start attacking you. You will need to defend yourself. Just remember one thing. You cannot trust the gods, nor can you trust those who work for them. I love you
Lily, your mother"
From that point I started learning how to fight. I started learning Kendo, Ninjutsu and Karate. Through 7 years hate grew in my heart, until one day my caretakers were killed. One drowned in a lake, a clear sign of Poseidon’s involvement. The other, however, was struck by a lightning. It seemed that the gods had found me.
I fled. I may have trained for 7 years, but the gods was in an entirely different category. I wandered for weeks, only stopping for food and sleep. At one point I stumbled upon the Sanctuary and went inside. There I was met by a group of rather unwelcoming Demigods. They questioned me for hours, before finally telling me where I was. They told me about the Broken Covenant, and of their fight against the gods. I decided right there, that I wanted to be a part of this group. I asked them, and they took me to Heinrich, for him to decide my fate.
I am a very cold and sadistic person; however I am protective to my loved ones. I hate the gods, and hate in general is a big part of my personality.
- Children of Poseidon can fire a powerful blast of water from their hands, equivalent to that of a fire hose, which evaporates after a short time.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure and freeze small amounts of water into durable ice weapons, which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of ice.
- Children of Poseidon can create an area around themselves that inflicts others with intense seasickness, making them dizzy and nauseous for as long as they remain inside. The user must keep their focus on maintaining the effect for the duration.
- Children of Poseidon can turn their body to water for a very short time, letting an attack pass harmlessly through them. This can cause extreme dehydration with repeated use.
- Children of Poseidon can breathe, are swifter and more powerful, and can heal slightly faster while underwater.
- Children of Poseidon can keep themselves and everything they touch dry in the water, unless they choose to become wet.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from any altitude as long as they land in water, and can go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the cold or water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon can communicate with and command equestrian animals, as well as all creatures that dwell in the sea.
- Children of Poseidon are innately less inhibited by severe wind and precipitation.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, large enough to knock anyone nearby off their feet, for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains. This can be used on ice, but is much more difficult and draining.
- Children of Poseidon are are able summon a specific horse, pegasus, or sea creature directly to their position, regardless of distance. This only works on creatures that they have a strong personal bond with.
- Children of Poseidon can calm, strengthen or influence the direction of the winds, though to a much lesser extent than children of Zeus or the anemoi.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create a torrential rainstorm overhead, which will downpour and cause high winds over a large area. The storm will gradually clear over time, and afterward the user would be substantially drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to shape a semi-living construct out of water, no larger than 3 to 4 times the size of the user, that fights for them for a short time. The user is weakened while the construct is active, and the longer they maintain the it, the more energy it drains.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform their bodies into a state of pure water for a short time, becoming immune to most attacks. The hydrokinetic abilities they already possess are enhanced by this state, and they are capable of covering great distances in an instant while underwater. The user will be extremely drained once the transformation ends, and could possibly faint.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water and are able to innately feel the difference between freshwater and saltwater.
- Children of Poseidon normally have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
- Children of Poseidon tend to be favored by animals of the sea.
- Children of Poseidon often have a natural affinity for horses and many grow up to become equestrians.
A short-sword/trident/folding knife from my father
||Friends with benefits
||I love her. She doesn't know yet.