Deep down, Ella is warm-hearted and deeply cares about those around her, always putting them before herself. Along with this, she seems to have a very dorky aura to her, and loves to make others laugh. She is quite intelligent from her many lives and rarely boasts about it. However, with her nice personality, there are some setbacks. From losing people close to her in each of her lives, she's created a bitter outer layer where she seems cold and deadly. Get on the wrong side of her either way, and it'll be hard to escape her wrath.
In 1891 a daughter of an Irish nobleman, Isabella Quinn visited New York with her sister. The two had planned to visit relatives who had left a few decades beforehand. Whilst they were roaming around trying to find their relative's home, they got split up and Isabella found herself in a bar asking for directions. The person she asked was a shady looking man in the corner of the empty bar. The man was Hades and had decided he had taken a liking to her quite quickly as she walked in. The two chatted and he offered her a place at his "home" until the morning where they could then meet up with Isabella's sister.
Not seeing any other options, Isabella agreed and one thing led to another and Hades managed to get her drunk enough to have sex with her. The next morning Hades did direct her to her relatives' home, and did tell her all the details of who he was, and their child, all the boring things. Over the next nine months Isabella told her family that she had met a man in the bar and the two had planned to elope together, but, the man had died whilst travelling with her to the west coast.
Nine months later, on the 24th January 1892 Isabella gave birth to a baby girl who she had named Ella. She then decided it was best to move back over near her relatives in New York, in hopes of possibly meeting Hades again, unaware of the rules the Gods had to take. After a few years of searching, Isabella gave up and settled down with an upper-class man.
For the majority of her life, Ella grew up happily and she knew a boy called Casey Jones. The two were on speaking terms but didn't speak too often. She was a stay at home girl and learned how to sew and cook, basic things her mother held with high respect. When she was 11, Ella had her first monster attack. It happened whilst she, her mother and step-father were in London at a ball. Isabella had told Ella to go to the carriage and wait and being the obedient child she was, Ella complied. It wasn't until she got there that something was wrong. One of the horses wasn't an ordinary one, but a fire-breather and it started to gallop towards her. Being scared and knowing she wouldn't be able to outrun it, Ella ran into a small alley way nearby, in hopes it wouldn't follow. The horse tried to, but, upon failing, started to breathe fire. Ella screamed and ran down an ajacent alley and hoped the fire would stop. It was a good 5 minutes before she emerged to find a satyr, or a strange boy to her, looking down on a pile of gold dust. He looked up and placed a finger over his mouth and motioned back to the carriage.
Ella never told her mother of the attack, and the strange boy appeared at all the moments of attacks from monsters. Until the final one before going to Camp, where, the strange boy died to a hellhound. When she was 17, her relationship with Casey was developed further due to her mother encouraging her to date him, and by 19, the two were engaged after spending a few months for the past two years at Camp. And that's when her life began to spiral out of control.
Zeus and Hades had a massive argument in which Zeus killed some of Hades' sacred animals. In retaliation, Hades contacted Ella via dream one night and told her to round up as many eagles as she could and bring them to the sea where he could dispose of them. Cautiously, Ella did so. She had managed to round up around 5 or 6 eagles by seducing their tamers before Zeus began to catch on. She ran until the reached the docks and handed the sacred animals over to Hades, who thanked her and vanished. Zeus, furious at the girl's actions, cursed her. The curse was simple. Ella would never remain in a single body. She would be forced to switch from body to body, taken people's lives over and living as them, getting close to people, and then losing them. Her first victim was her soon to be sister-in-law. For the first time in her life since her first attack, Ella felt scared and hesistant. It was at a meeting between the two girls that Ella was finally able to do her deed. Zeus watched over as Ella began to take the body of Casey's sister Mary. At the last moment of the transformation, Casey walked in and witnessed Ella steal his sister away from the world. Scared, Ella tried to explain, but, only the details of her stealing Zeus' eagles away managed to find their way out to Casey before she ran off.
There was one upside to the curse Ella had gotten, and it was that monsters would be less attracted to her as she took more bodies from mortals. So, for the next 100 years or so, Ella found herself leading various lives, like a poor woman in Poland during the Great Depression, a wife of a high ranked German officer in WW2, a very wealthy woman in Australia. And it wasn't until recently that she had her final transformation.
Whilst walking down the street in her latest life, a French-American teenager, she had met a demigod by the name of Kim Jeon Hee and Zeus had decided that the daughter of Hades had gotten what she deserved and told her he'd give her a replica of the body that belonged to the last person she had met. And it was then that Ella was freed of the curse and gained her final body. She was then sent to Camp where she was re-claimed by Hades.
- Children of Hades can create and launch long shards of obsidian from their palms.
- Children of Hades can create small fissures in the ground which spew plumes of hellfire for a few moments before closing. The hellfire is more powerful than normal fire, but can also harm the user, so this power must be used carefully.
- Children of Hades have the ability to create a dome of hardened earth and gemstones, roughly two or three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hades can conjure a set of very durable bone armor around themselves which grants enhanced protection against physical attacks. After a time, the armor grows brittle and falls off the user’s body.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command the dead, and are able to sense spirits or other undead beings.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command hellhounds they encounter.
- Children of Hades can sense when a mortal, half-blood, nymph/spirit that they know has died through a "buzzing" in their ears.
- Children of Hades are able to instantly destroy undead in a single attack.
- Children of Hades have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hades have a heightened control over undead and can usurp dominance from others who control undead who aren’t also children of Hades.
- Children of Hades can telekinetically shape and control dead matter. The more matter moved, the more the user is drained.
- Children of Hades can perform rites to summon a specific ghost from the underworld for a time, using offerings of their choice. The more offerings given and the more specific they are to the intended ghost, the more likely they are to appear. Ghosts that have been granted reincarnation, or are trapped Tartarus or the Fields of Punishment, cannot be summoned.
- Children of Hades can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are able to summon skeletal/zombie humanoids/animals to do their bidding. The more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained. Any armor/weaponry the undead possess increases the strain of the summoning. The undead can then be commanded telepathically their summoner. The longer they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained of their energy.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are to project their consciousness into any undead minion they command, taking direct control of their senses, movements and actions. However, their own body is left vulnerable for the duration.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are capable of entering into a contract with a willing soul, either prior to their death or after meeting them as a ghost. Once a contract is made, the user gains the ability to summon the spirit into an undead recreation of its former body, formed from the earth, to fight alongside them for a time. The undead would retain all of the skills and physical abilities they had in life, including weaker versions of any special powers. When the summoning ends, or the spirit's summoned body is destroyed, the user is left heavily drained and could possibly faint. Only one contract can be held at a time.
- Children of Hades have innate knowledge of the Underworld, able to guide themselves and allies to how to enter,explore and escape the Underworld. (as long as they aren’t already dead)
- Children of Hades tend to have dark attitudes and appreciate shadowy places.
- Children of Hades typically have an appreciation for the earth, feeling more comfortable on the ground rather than being in the sky or the sea.
- Children of Hades often grow up to make great morticians.