Excalibur doesn't talk much, really likes reading and watching movies alone. He loves to express his feelings in gardening, photography and acting. Likes to roleplay as characters that he sees in comics, enjoys making people smiling when they're down in the dumps.
Dwayne Rose was a farmer, who worked from dawn to midnight. He took care of cattle, horses, pigs and chickens. He was an animal lover, but he loved gardening because of his late wife, Charlene. She died, along with their soon to be child. One day when Dwayne was gardening, a woman stopped by with the name of "Delilah." She said she was an athletic gardener, but she enjoyed gardening more than being sporty. The two hung out a lot, she would buy plants and fruits he grew, and even sometimes helped around the farm. "Delilah" and Dwayne began dating and "Delilah" got pregnant. He knew that she was pregnant, but went missing right before the childbirth. Everyone thought that 'Delilah" died during childbirth, but Dwayne knew what actually happened by the note she left. It was written in beautiful cursive handwriting and was written of flowery paper. The note had been left on a picnic basket where the baby sat in with a blue blanket. The note read: "Dear Dwayne, I am not as who you expected, and my name is not Delilah. I am Demeter, the Greek goddess of The Harvest. I wanted to tell you sooner, but after the baby was born, I had to leave, all Gods and Goddesses do the same. I wish I could've met the baby, but I know I will someday. His name is Excalibur Luke Rose. Don't you love it! I'm sorry I can't talk for so long, but I love you as well as lil' Excalibur, tell him Mommy said hello. Love, Demeter" Excalibur grew up in the nicer parts of the town. His childhood was smooth, besides the problems with ADHD, Dyslexia and moving schools every three months. Excalibur never really understood a lot of the things that was going on throughout his life, but he followed his Father's orders. The Rose family was kind of looked up upon in the city. Excalibur did have trouble in school though. He wasn't the brightest kid in the grade, nor the most athletic. He loved reading and writing alone, so he never had much friends growing up. Once he got into the third grade, he made some friends, but they weren't much of real friends, they became his friend because he was getting smarter. In the fourth grade, he was a complete loner, no friends, no anything. He even thought he was the dumbest kid in the grade. Once fifth grade came, things took a turn for the worst. Excalibur was very young when his first monster attack happened, he was around the age of eleven. A few days after his birthday, Excalibur began wearing a golden necklace that was given to him on his eleventh birthday, which was given to his father by his mother. One day when they were playing catch outside, a screech of what sounded like a bird filled the air and it zoomed down to the yard. A Harpy flew down from the sky and charged at Excalibur, who was unprepared for a creature of certain power to come at him. Excalibur rolled out of the way and backed up as the bird grew closer. "Dad, run!" Excalibur yelled as the Harpy again tried to strike at him. Excalibur yanked off his necklace and threw it at the woman, it turned into a sword mid-air and fell onto the ground. "Why?" He asked. "Just run!" He yelled out. "Why are you killing a woman!" His father cried out. "I SAID RUN!" He shouted back. His father was fast on his feet and sped away. Excalibur slashed and sliced at the bird woman, turning her to ashes that lied upon his feet. Excalibur never understood what happened that day, but he knew his father would have the knowledge and knew what to say at all the right moments. His father handed Excalibur the note his mother left his father when he was first born and when he was a newborn." Your mother said a day like this would happen, when you would starts seeding creatures that I don't." He closed his eyes as Excalibur read the note. "Greek goddess, how is that possible?" He asked his father. "I don't know, we fell in love, you were born, she left me the note and left." His father said. Excalibur didn't know much, so he listened to his father. A year or so later, a few months after Excalibur's twelfth birthday,a new neighbor moved into the vacant house next door. The next door neighbor was about the same age as Excalibur, so they easily became friends. The next door neighbor's name was Damian. He was always polite and very nice to Excalibur. He also helped Excalibur during his second monster attack. A harpy came charging at the two when they were swimming at Damian's house. Damian sprinted out of the pool and unwrapped his towel, revealing a pocketwatch. He spun it around and it became a Celestial Bronze trident. "A little help!" He shouted out. Damian sped over, they threw both of the blades at the same time, missing again. "Uh! Oh! I remember! If a wing is damaged, they're easier to kill, I read about it in a mythology book!" The harpy swooped down and he stuck up his sword, injuring the wing. "I got this." He said as the harpy lied on the ground. He shoved the sword through her heart, killing her. "Where's your parents?" Excalibur asked Damian. "I don't have any." He replied back. 'What?" He said curiously. "We'll talk about it later." Damian said as he guided Excalibur to the exit. "Wait, why don't you come and live with us?" He asked before he left. "I like being alone, I already took out all my stuff, and I don't want any more trouble to your family through what has already happened." He said. "No, it would be no trouble, I swear." He said. "No, I'm fine, I can take care of myself." He then closed the gate as Excalibur left. "Wait, then how'd you get this house then?" He asked. "It's actually my grandmother's, I come and live with her at points." He replied. "Well, okay then." He said as he left. He would always call him "King" because of his name reminding him of the medieval ages, hence the nickname "King". A few days after the Harpy attacks at Damian's house, Damian came outside after having a long talk with him, he sped into Excalibur's house, asking him to stay in the front yard. After about an hour of waiting, he grabbed Excalibur's arm and sped into the woods. After a few hours of walking, the moon rose in the sky, they walked for about another half hour. The clacking of hooves filled the night air as did the crackling of fire. Excalibur spun around and became face to face with a fire breathing horse. "Duck!" Damian shouted as he tackled Excalibur to the ground. He twisted the chain on his necklace and it became his sword. The horse snorted fire at him so he ducked back under the bush. "Throw your sword!" Damian said loud enough for "King" to hear, but quiet enough so the horse couldn't understand. He popped out from behind the bush and threw it with the best throwing skills he had gotten from playing football with his dad. The sword pierced the horse's throat and it exploded into golden ashes. "That was a close one." He said as they continued walking. Excalibur followed Damian through the forest until they came across a stone arch. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood." He read with little hesitation."King, its where you belong, your mother would want you here, scurry in go on." Damian said the night that they reached the gate. "Are you sure?" He asked with hesitation. "Yes, I'm positive. I'm a satyr, we lead campers like you here, hurry get in before the other students see you. I told your father yesterday,no need to worry." Damian said as he showed his goat legs to Excalibur. "Fine, it feels right. Thank you Damian, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Excalibur scurried into the camp. Excalibur has spent the last month and a half at camp. He is currently 13 years of age.
Note: 3/6/9 Powers are not unlocked.
- Children of Demeter have the ability to shoot poisonous pine out from their hands which acts as a powerful paralytic for a short time.
- Children of Demeter can create weapons made from plants, flowers, and trees in order to aid them in combat. The larger the weapons, the more energy is drained. Flowers, plants, and trees, can also be reshaped to reinforce existing weapons and only one weapon may exist at a time.
- Children of Demeter have the ability to create a large protective dome of thick plants around them for a short time. Although they will die after a few moments.
- Children of Demeter have the innate ability to talk plants to life, either making them grow more quickly or bringing them back from a recent death.
- Children of Demeter can understand the overall well-being and conditions of plants, as well as fully interpret their emotions and communicate with them.
- Children of Demeter are always surrounded by an aura that normally causes plants to grow where they have walked. They can shut it off for a moderate time if they wish.
- Children of Demeter are innately stronger during the Spring and Summer months due to the happiness of Demeter with the return of Persephone.
- Children of Demeter have the ability to create ropes of vines and telekinetically move them.
- Children of Demeter can create and control sap, the sticky substance, distract an opponent ,bind their bodies in it and cloak themselves in a coat of sap that grants extreme resistance to physical attacks due to most weapons simply sticking to the thick sap. .
- Children of Demeter are able to make plants (i.e. grain, barley, corn, etc) grow so tall that it hampers the movements of those around them for a short time; the longer they maintain the growth, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Demeter have the power of Plant Travel which grants them the ability to teleport from one plant to another. A small tree, patch of grass or even a flower will suffice. The further the distance traveled, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Demeter have the ability to create a Venus Flytrap, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which will attempt to swallow anything that comes near it. It will only appear for a short time before dissipating.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Demeter have the ability to animate a tree to the point that it can walk around and fight for the user. The animated tree will be quite strong and durable and unable to feel pain. It only lasts for a short time and more energy will be drained depending on the size of the tree. Only up to 3 trees can be animated at a time.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Demeter can transform their bodies structure to match that of a plant’s for a short time. The user will be a humanoid plant, the type of plant will be completely up to their choice. As long as it’s not poisonous or carnivorous. In this form, the user is immune to pain and can quickly regenerate from any injury, their existing chlorokinetic abilties are stronger as well. Once the transformation ends, the user will be extremely drained. Unable to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Demeter are normally good cooks, as their mother is the goddess of harvest and agriculture.
- Children of Demeter generally grow up to be excellent gardeners and farmers, possessing a love and talent for raising plant life.
- Children of Demeter tend to be much happier during the spring and summer and often very sour and grumpy during the fall and winter.
- Children of Demeter often have a taste and love for bread.
|Dwayne Ross||Father||He loves him.|
|Demeter||Mother||Never met her, he wants to though.|
|Alexandra Hood||Girlfriend||He loves her to the ends of the universe and would take a bullet for her.|
His Celestial Bronze sword Ampéli (Vineyard in Greek) which is also a necklace by his mother. He also uses his two daggers, one named Ankáthi (Thorn in Greek) and the other Fytó. (Meaning Plant in Greek)