He is quiet but charming. He often goes out of his way to help others. He doesn't talk much but he listens a lot. Most people like him for that reason. He doesn't get angry fast and when angry he is unpredictable and dangerous. He is rather irritable when sleepy.
Nate had known about the gods for a long time. He had the gift of seeing through the mist and a close friend who was a demigod. His friend had told him about the gods when his clear-sight was revealed. So, when Nate met Ariadne he wasn't surprised.
Nate worked part-time in a bookstore, despite being well-off. One day when business was less he saw Ariadne at the browsing through the 'maze' section, looking unhappy. Nate strolled over and said,"Nothing interesting, is there? These are so easy." Ariadne smiled. They spent the rest of the afternoon talking to each other. They kept meeting for the next few days and started dating soon. Nate was in love with Ariadne so he told her all about his being able to see through the mist and about the gods. Ariadne realized that he could be told about her being a goddess. Nate believed her as what she said about the gods matched whatever he knew. Soon, as their relationship progressed Ariadne became pregnant after a month. She left abruptly without telling Nate.
Nate did not understand but one day it became crystal clear when he opened the door to find a golden cradle with a baby boy in it. Along with the baby there was a letter and a celestial bronze sword. In the letter Ariadne explained what dangers he might face and the address to Camp Half-Blood. Nate named the baby Gale. Nate hid the sword in a box in the cupboard which Gale was not allowed to touch.
Gale was not told that his mother was a goddess. He had a really enjoyable childhood with lots of friends. Right from the smallest classes he was always first. He was popular and he had never any reason to complain. To protect Gale, Nate sent him for fencing classes, right from when he was eligible. Gale learned fighting fast and was good at it, owing to his demigod instincts. By the age of 10 he was an expert. Nate gave Gale the CB sword saying that it was to practice at home. Gale found it a little strange but took it without a word. Gale was diagnosed with ADHD butnot dyslexia. Nate had met a satyr called Ken, who protected Gale.
At the age of 12, a few weeks before his birthday, one Sunday when practicing with his CB sword in his garden a harpy attacked him. He was shocked, he had never seen such a strange creature before. He was lucky that he had his sword in hand. Even so he was badly hurt while trying to kill it. He was hospitalized for several days. After this incident Nate and Ken told Gale that he was a demigod.
Gale was scared and constantly in fear of being attacked again, and he was attacked just a few weeks after, just after his 13th birthday. One day, when he was returning from school with Ken, a hellhound attacked him. This time he did not have his sword with him. He froze with fear when he saw the hellhound. The monster attacked, Gale, wishing he didn't want to die, accidentally summoned a labyrinth wall. As soon as the wall took effect, Ken and Gale ran towards home. Ken reached Gale's house but Gale was still far behind when the hellhound caught up. Gale was trying to close the garden gate but the monster pushed it. Ken threw the sword towards him just in time. Gale took the sword and as the hellhound pounced, he stabbed it in the stomach. Gale suffered only minor injuries. Nate knew it was time to send him off to camp. Nate took Gale till the boundary by bus. There were no monster attacks since it was only two days. Gale now lives at camp.
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to cause someone to believe that they are trapped inside a labyrinth, disrupting their senses into seeing anything else for a short time. While under its effect, they become more vulnerable to attacks.
- Children of Ariadne, while a labyrinth is summoned, have the ability to create 1 to 3 lesser monsters (those classified as “easy” in the Monster Encyclopedia) nearby them within it; these monsters, however, will not be controlled and will attack anyone they see.
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to create a large portion of a labyrinth wall to protect themselves until it corrodes after a short time. The walls can be created at all directions to create an absolute defense, but drains more energy from the user. Conversely, this can be used to imprison enemies.
- Children of Ariadne can cause a person to feel/be lost, as if they don’t know how to reach their desired destination and wander off aimlessly which may induce distress, confusion and loss of concentration, for a short time. The effect can be used on a larger number of people, but drains more energy.
- Children of Ariadne have the innate ability to find their way through/around any sort of puzzle, maze or obstacle without any aid, as if they have a psychic compass within them. They are also able to perceive any kind of hidden obstruction, trap or dead-end within a 10 meter radius around them.
- Children of Ariadne have the innate ability to see in multiple directions at once, allowing their senses of sight to become more finely attuned to their surroundings.
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to create a real labyrinth which traps anyone inside it for a short time. The user has total control over the creation, such as altering and closing its walls or even expand the maze at any time. However, a larger maze will consume more energy from the user. The maze has a roof over it and cannot be teleported out of.
- Children of Ariadne can conjure a very durable wool string that can be used to navigate around a place, mislead or ensnare victims, bind or strangle enemies, hold or suspense things firmly, weave fine cloth or in any way possible. The longer the string, the more energy it drains. The string can also be conjured from the ground or from any surface.
- Children of Ariadne can increase or decrease a person's passions, whether the purpose is to weaken one’s will to fight, or to motivate them to do a certain hobby or to love, etc. The longer this state is maintained, the more energy is drained from the user.
- Children of Ariadne are able to teleport themselves through the mazes they created. The further the distance traveled, the more energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to construct paths out of materials found around them that they can use to take them anywhere (up into the air, over trees, etc.) but as they move along the path, the path behind them slowly corrodes. The longer they use the energy required to make a path, the more they are drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to enchant a localized location into becoming an illogical, yet illusory, maze which traps anyone inside it. With this ability, the user can cause a building’s passageways to lead somewhere else such as an upstairs flight lead to the basement, a closet room lead to the rooftop, lead a door back to itself, and so on and so forth. The larger the area of effect and the longer it is held, the more it drains the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Ariadne have the ability to materialize a shadowy form of the Minotaur into existence which is capable of both fighting and dying under their control, in a sense; afterwards, it will vanish and drains the user extensively. However, the Minotaur conjured is weaker than its real counterpart would be.
- Children of Ariadne have an excellent sense of direction, and are able to navigate and locate any location with ease, rarely getting lost.
- Children of Ariadne are typically willing to help others, even to strangers.
|Nate Woode||Father||Loves him a lot|
|Ariadne||Mother||Wishes he met her|