Georgina is utterly obsessed with Star Trek, especially the original series. Whilst she could seem rude to strangers, she's incredibly polite. She's also great with kids, although glad there aren't any around camp. She's certainly NOT a morning person and can stay awake for hours on end. Despite the fact she may not get on with someone, she's more than willing to give it ago.
Joanna Kelley had grown up in a little town in Georgia, part of a Military family. Her father had been a solider, her two brothers had, and so had most men in the family, with the women of her family sometimes being nurses. Joanna decided to be like her mother, who had met her father whilst working as a nurse, a job from which she’d left now. When the Korean War started, she was training to become a nurse to help, not being interested in actually fighting. She was always a cheery person, optimistic and hoped for the best. Two months before she was due to leave, she met Eros. They dated for a while, and the day before she was to be shipped out, had sex with him. The next day, she shipped out.
She fell for one of the Doctors she was working with incredibly quickly, coming up with reasons to spend more time with him. He returned her feelings, and whilst against rules, started to date secretly. The man, who was called George Wolfe, was the one who told Joanna she was pregnant. She told him that she had a boyfriend who she left before she was shipped over, and that they were drunk. He told her that he’d help her hide it so she didn't have to leave. Of course, after a while it became clear she was pregnant, and wasn't safe to fly home as she was having problems with the pregnancy. Put on less active duty, the front changed and was pushed back, putting the unit on enemy lines. However, one patient couldn’t be moved. Told to just leave them, George said he’d stay behind to give them hopefully enough time to get away, including the patient. They all got away and Joanna gave birth. After a very quick birth, Joanna found out the enemy bombed the camp and George died.
Joanna returned to Georgia to raise her daughter, named Georgina Abigail Kelley. The girl, whilst growing up, was told all about George. When she was nine, Joanna had twin children, Carrie and Tommy. She didn't know who the father was, and honestly didn't really mind. She was still, after all those years, depressed about losing George. Joanna hadn't exactly lost her looks, but she had lost her optimism.
Often, Georgina would look after and play with her siblings, and when she twelve, had her first monster attack when going to pick them up from their friend’s house. Walking along a small wall, just a road away, Georgina was attacked by a Hydra. She swung her bag at it, and tried to run for it, but it caught up with her. The street was empty, and she screamed for help. Suddenly the Hydra fell to the ground, dead. A girl with goat legs told her to run, and so she did. She rang the bell of her brother and sister’s friend’s house, and picked the kids up, going a different route home, not telling anyone about the attack.
A year later, her mother had her final child, Dolly. Joanna was a drunk, and Georgina didn't trust her with four kids on her own, so continued to assist looking after the kids. However the 14 year old would often be unable to deal with all the stress, and sometimes would self-harm. However, she promised to stop for as long as she could when Carrie and Tommy found her about to cut her leg.
In 1965, whilst watching Gunfight at Comanche Creek, a new family moved into the house next door. Joanna had invited them to Dinner but Georgina was focused on the film and nothing else. The only child of the new family sat next to her to try and become her friend, telling Georgina she liked that film as well. Georgina ignored her for a while until the movie finished. Georgina gave the girl a smile, saying she didn't like talking whilst watching something, especially not anything with her favorite actors. The girl introduced herself as Kathy. The two became pretty close friends, but a friendship that wouldn't end well. The two were reckless and did a lot of stupid things, despite the fact Georgina used to be responsible.
When Star Trek came out in 1966, Georgina had an obsession with it. She quickly learnt as much as she could about the series and the actors, watching it every day, be it a rerun or a new episode. Kathy hung out with her as well, watching it together one in a while. Georgina would sometimes even fake being ill to get to watch an extra episode in a day. It was a pretty unhealthy obsession. In December, aged 15, she was attacked by another monster, this time a hell hound. Joanna, who could see through the mist, grabbed a shotgun and shot the hell hound in the head three times, killing it. Joanna asked why she hadn't told her before, and Georgina just said she thought it had been an illusion the first time.
Georgina decided she’d had enough of her mother coming home drunk almost every night, sleeping around and not known where the next meal would come from, all of that. Georgina decided she’d run away, taking her siblings with her. She’d take her mother’s 1967 Chevrolet Impala in November, and her best friend would ask her to come as well.
“Hey Georgie, d’you know how to drive this?” Kathy asked, helping get Georgina’s siblings into the back of the car, with the seat belts done properly.
“Well sure I do. Can’t be THAT hard. My mom’s at a friend’s house I think so she won’t find out yet.” Georgina was lying about the first part. She had no clue how to drive it, but hey, she was up for a try. Getting into the car, she put her seat belt on. Kathy decided not to, saying she didn't think it was much point. Georgina, having read a few books, started driving. There was only one other car on the road, and no buildings. No one for a few miles actually. Kathy kept pushing the accelerator, despite Georgina slapping her whenever she did. She was worried enough about how fast they were going, didn't need to go faster.Kathy kept pushing it however, and ended up going so fast they crashed into the back of the other car, killing the whole family but one daughter, and Kathy. Georgina jumped out, grabbing Dolly out of the car and yelling at Carrie and Tommy to get out. The girl that had survived in the other car happened to be a daughter of Ariadne, and Georgina looked into the other car. She was alive, but probably dying. Georgina ran with her siblings, to the town that was pretty nearby. She left Dolly, Tommy and Carrie outside an Orphanage, telling them she’d get them back as soon as she could figure out how to get home, promising it wouldn't take long. But she was dazed, confused and scared.
The daughter of Ariadne had died a bit after they got into the town. Ariadne wasn't going to let this go, and intentionally got her lost in a maze she’d made in an unknown area of town no one wanted to go into. Time passed by but Georgina never aged. Joanna was distraught that her children had gone and was convinced they’d been killed, but tried to continue with life. And Carrie, Tommy and Dolly grew up in the small town, and managed, in 2004, to contact their mother again.
Ariadne decided to let Georgina go, and Georgina’s first job was to get Carried, Tommy and Dolly back, unaware it was 2013. The town was pretty much the same, and managed to recognize the orphanage. She knocked on the door and asked to see Carrie, Tommy and Dolly Kelley, but the woman replied that they’d left years ago, before she’d even started working there, but often heard kids telling stories about them. Apparently they’d been well known in the town. Georgina asked what year it was and if she knew any of their current addresses, which she didn't. After being told it was 2013, she ran and got on a plane, telling the driver she’d pay as soon as they got to her old town. The bus drove and got to Georgina’s town finally. She had no money, so jumped out of the door and ran as fast as she could, trying to find her childhood home.
She got there after a few minutes, and didn't expect her mother to even be alive still. Never the less, she knocked on the door. An old woman, who looked close to ninety, opened the door. “G-Georgina?”
“Yes mom. I know, this must seem impossible to you but I swear that it is me. Something weird happened.” The now old Joanna hugged her daughter, and yelled for Carrie, Tommy and Dolly, who were visiting for the day. They stared at their now youngest sister, and hugged her as well. Joanna told Georgina that she’d heard, just days before she’d run away, about a camp for half-bloods and was told Georgina was one. It had always stayed in the back of her head and the memory had come back when she saw her. She had gotten a map and gave it to her, telling her to go straight away. She gave her some money for the bus fair and a few hours later, arrived in Long Island. She then walked the rest of the way and arrived at camp. She still, once a month, tries to call her family.
- Children of Eros can manipulate the thoughts of a person for a short period of time in order to make them able to only think about the person or thing they love or favor most. Once used on a person it becomes ineffective on that person for a moderate amount of time.
- Children of Eros have the ability to focus an emotional energy beam out of their love, which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Eros can cause people of the gender they are attracted to, to lose all desire to attack them for a short time (in the case being that they are bisexual or pansexual etc it would be only people with the same gender of their current or most recent partner). Once the child is attracting someone, they cannot attack. So the power is purely defensive.
- Children of Eros can generate a veil of the emotional energy from the feeling of love, the veil will protect them from damage for a short time, but cannot be used if the child does not have the love to fuel it.
- Children of Eros cause anyone of the opposite gender to be, at least slightly, attracted to them, they also attract people of the same gender that consider themselves gay or lesbian.
- Children of Eros are innately proficient archers.
- Children of Eros have a partial resistance to charmspeak, charm-touch etc.
- Children of Eros can detect emotional ties between different people, if they’re lovers, friends etc. and can find out about someone’s previous partners, including: if they had sex, and how long the relationship lasted. They can also easily tell their sexuality and ideal partner, it works better the more emotionally concerned the child of Eros is for the target.
- Children of Eros can manipulate the feeling of love of people by either removing it or increasing it towards themselves or other people. This is temporary and requires a lot of energy, although using it towards oneself requires less than if it were towards other people. Ex: They can make someone love and admire them, or hate them, or make best friends hate each other, or two enemies feel love for eachother.
- Children of Eros can infuse emotional love magic into their arrows or any other weapon in their possession, if the weapons hits the intended target, the target will temporarily fall in love with the first object or person they see for a moderate time. After which, the target is immune to further use of it for the rest of the fight. (Note:The Love magic works better when used with arrows though.)
- Children of Eros can decrease or increase someone’s lust, such as increasing a desire for sexual intercourse or simply wiping it out. An increase in sexual desire can be resisted by sheer willpower and will only last for a short time, this depends on the magnitude of the target’s sexual desire before it was attempted to be altered.
- Since their father was depicted as a winged god, children of Eros can sprout wings for a short time, this enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros can infuse magic into their grasp, and ‘charm-touch’ another person into doing their will or revealing a secret to them. The person will remain under the control of the charm-touch for a few minutes or until control is relinquished, and the child of Eros must touch the skin of the person they want to affect. ‘Charm-touch’ is considered more powerful and can override charmspeak due to the fact the user must make physical contact with the target.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros are now able to channel their loving emotional energies to construct combative and non-combative objects, formed one at a time and no more than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, which takes on beautiful, magnificent and seemingly harmless appearances depending on the user's preferences. They can also create semi-living constructs under the user’s complete control. However, their ability to use the power, and control the construct, is hindered before or during use when they experience emotions that are like hate or malice. As these emotions are felt, the strength of the object begins to fade, becoming dull and brittle.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Eros can feed off the love they’ve given or received in their lives and become an embodiment of love. This would make them more powerful, immune to all attacks, enhancing their physical prowess and power over emotional energy they previously possessed. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they would lack the ability to even move for some time.
- In some cases Children of Eros tend to be fiercely loyal and compassionate to their loved ones, friends, and family. In other cases, they love creating romantic strife. Cheating on partners, seducing others already in relationships etc.
- Children of Eros tend to be very flirty and attractive, causing them to retain a youthful skin/hair/facial appearance than others after completing puberty.
- Children of Eros tend to be very mischievous and cunning, often seen making plans to prank or matchmake other campers.
- Children of Eros typically get along with children of Aphrodite.