Overly curious, enough that it often gets him into trouble. Generally nice, although if you really get on his nerves, he can snap and become extremely hostile to those around him.
Hey there! My name is Guedo, although I also accept Alec. The higher-ups want me to write down my entire life story, so.. Here goes nothing.
Back in 1999, my mom was addicted to the stars. She would go out every night at dusk and just look up, staring up at the weird mix of night and day. One day, while on her normal dusk-walks, she was greeted by a mysterious man, who seemed to follow her, appearing every night, just to talk to her. Eventually, the two grew close and, over many weeks, a relationship was born. After many evenings of talking and growing romantically close. They began to progress further as a relationship and eventually decided to like.. create me. Of course, there were obvious implcations of being given a child from a God. After granting my mom the Sight, allowing her to see any creatures that could potentially be a danger to me, along with presenting her with a reasonably sized Celestial Bronze dagger. This was granted, not to attack, but to defend her child, which any normal mother would do willingly, all the time.
I was born in South Korea on February 29, 2000. When I was two months old, my mother decided to emigrate to the United States, and brought me with her. I spent six years in Maryland before my mom found better work up north in New York, and I was dragged along after her.
I grew up around many sports, but one sport always stuck. When I was 8, I actually begun boxing. Sure, I wasn't great. I was actually really bad but I got super into it. I quickly learned techniques and began sparring with some of the older kids, once or twice KOing the 15 year old students. I wanted to become a pro boxer at that point at it was a goal I worked on, and am still working towards.
When I was 13, I was attacked. I was hanging out with one of friends, a 17 year old who had moved to New York for some prep school or something. (I found out later that he found out he was a Half-Blood and came to Camp.) I guess the monster was too tempted by the smell of two Half-Bloods sitting in one place, but this creature just pounced on me from the shadows. While about to attack me, the friend who I had been playing with simply tackled the damn thing. I was so freaked out and I just froze up, scared pantsless. I hadn't seen the creature ever before and I had hoped I would never have to see it again, but I was in this moment, watching this 17 year old kid face off against this creature. I watched, absolutely terrified as my friend drew a sword from nowhere and began to push the creature back, as if the blade he carried struck fear into the beast. (I later found out it was a Celestial Bronze sword enchanted into his bracelet.)
The beast was eventually fought off and everything was explained to me in quite possibly the worst way possible. All I remember was hearing "So you're this thing called a half-blood and you're most likely under attack and quite possibly going to die. That was a Hellhound, and you're lucky I was there to help you. Otherwise, you'd be dead now. I'm gonna talk to your mom to get her to send you to Camp Half-Blood, at Half Blood Hill, in New York." I was handed a small card and taken inside the house by my friend. The card only said "Half-Blood Hill, New York." And gave the exact address of the Camp. My mom was not really up for the idea but decided it would be a good idea to send me to Camp, but not yet. My mom avoided sending me to camp, just in case. I wanted to go, but my mom wanted me to have a normal life. Of course... normal wasn't very normal. I was called "the crazy kid" when I would freak out about a Harpy attack, or being chased down by a Hellhound, only cause no one else could see them. I guess I got used to being called a freak and crazy. At least once per year, I was attacked, either at school, or at home. At home, I had the protection of my mom, who always somehow managed to fight off the beasts with some weird looking cooking knife. I later found out, my mom owned a Celestial Bronze dagger, which was extremely effective against the monster attacks on our house. At school, I found out later, I was well protected with a few older Half-blood who went to my school, one of them having been sent to protect me. After a few years and many attacks, I finally managed to convince my mom to send me to Camp, for my safety. My mom was reluctant but after some arguing and begging, she paid for my bus ticket, helped me pack my bag, and drove me to the bus station to go to New York.
After arrivng to Camp, I was shuffled around from building to building, starting with the Big House, then being shoved around through all the various buildings to help get me situated within the Camp. I was given various weaponry to try out. Eventually, I decided on a nice and sleek Celestial Bronze katana that transformed into a bracelet reading "This One's Mine." I finally settled into my cabin and began to follow the schedule of Camp, although, in the short week I've been in Camp, I did begin to enjoy sneaking down the the town every so often and exploring all the sights.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure weapons out of plasma which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to focus an intense beam of plasma which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- Children of Astraeus generate an orbit around themselves for a short time, all attacks and people near the user get caught in the orbit, causing them to fly around, unable to attack the user. The user cannot move while the orbit is active.
- Children of Astraeus are innately stronger during the night.
- Children of Astraeus have the innate ability to see in all directions at once during the night.
- Children of Astraeus can innately adapt to most natural planetary environments within reason, meaning they're less likely to die of heat stroke and hypothermia.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will alight an area or blind an enemy for a short time.
- Children of Astraeus can manipulate the force of gravity of the planet and change the direction and force of it. They can cause items to float or stick to the ground for a short time or cause them to fly into a certain direction. Once the curse wears off, the item is immune to further use of it for a moderate time.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to use the gravity pull of the planet to slow down enemies for a short time, giving them a high chance to avoid an opponent’s attack or prevent an opponent from avoiding one of the user’s attacks.
- Children of Astraeus can limit gravity’s effect on their own bodies, causing them to float up and fly. The longer they fly the more it drains them.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure a small supernova, which will burn at anything in its wake on a 10m radius, as well as producing a loud booming sound coming from the explosion. It cannot differ friend from foe and will affect anyone or anything nearby.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the power to cause up to three constellations to appear in their physical forms to fight alongside them. Each constellation will appear as an enlarged version of the thing it is based on except for human based constellations such as Orion which will be the size of a human. Constellations will dissipate after a short time, leaving the user moderately drained. Ex: If the user summons the Cancer constellation, it will be a giant crab that cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to change the surface and mass of their bodies to reflect the surface and mass of a planet in the solar system of their choice for a short time. For example, if the user wishes to turn their body into flames, they would adopt the surface of Mercury. No matter which planet they choose to assimilate with, they will be extremely drained after the transformation and they can only use the power once per fight. They may switch planets while in this state. Ex: The user is reflecting Earth to reach an opponent and then reflects Mercury to attack them. Once in this state, they lose access to their other powers. Excluding those that are passive.
- Children of Astraeus often wield innate knowledge of constellations, space and other planets in the solar system.
- Children of Astraeus can tell the time, date and their location simply by looking at the sky.
- Children of Astraeus typically dream of becoming astronauts, to explore the stars and other planets.
|Hae-Ok Kim||Mother||I love her, especially since she protected me so much.|
|Astraeus||Father||I never really got to meet him, so I don't know about him much, but I know that when I was a baby, he wasn't there too much.|