He was raised properly and is very happy to be with around with. He tends to be very charismatic. He will defend people who can't protect themselves. He will not fight unless he has too. He is gay.
How his parents met
In early March, Kagoshima, Japan in 1998, Akane was living a very nice aristocratic life in Kyoto. She was pampered by her parents with so much money that hard work was but a distant memory. One evening at a private beach that was only for the filthy rich, she was walking by the beach, she loved the sound of the ocean since it calms her mind and releases her stress from fashion. She was shocked when she seen eyes in the water. The eyes turned out to be a really good looking man. He introduced himself as Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea and that the myths of Greek Mythology exist in harmony with the modern world. Completely overwhelmed by shock, she fainted. Smiling, Poseidon, took her to her home. When she woke up she found him by her side, she wanted to call for help but he told her to calm down. She calmed down after an hour of hyperventilating. Poseidon took her out for a date and then had a one-night stand with her.
Nine months later, Akane gave birth to Hinata. When she got home, she was devastated that he left. But she did notice a letter on the bed and a pen, it translated from Japanese:
I'm sorry that I did not come to see our child to be born. I apologize for that.
But the reason why I left is that by our ancient laws is that we must let you raise our children by yourself. I am sorry for leaving this burden on you.
On the back of this letter is a map of the camp in Long Island, New York I want him to be sent here when he is ready, and also he is a child of the Big Three (Zeus, Hades, and me are the most powerful gods on Mount Olympus) He will be hunted by monsters miles around.
If you look at the shamisen it will transform into a Naginata, a gift from me.
I love you and take care, Poseidon.
She looked at the instrument, twisted the top of the instrument and she yelped when it actually turned into a naginata. She talked to her family on what to do with Hinata, her parents told just put him up for adoption. She was mad that her parents would not like to raise another child so she kepted her promise and hid her son from monsters by marrying Kai Yoshitomi. A very heavy drinker, his scent had masked him for quite some time until he was seven years old. At that age, his grandparents hired a trainer who trained in the way of the naginata. He accepted but the training was brutal at first; he grew up being a five time martial arts competitions all across Japan.
The move to America.
Hinata was homeschooled and was never allowed to go out into society unless he a had a permission to go, in which he had to be escorted by caregiver. Though he hated at first, but he gradually accepted it. His stepfather died in a car accident before he moved to America on his 16th birthday. His mother allowed to go anywhere as he is safe. On evening at the beach, he was attacked by a hellhound and it lunged at him in a frenzied state. He dodged the tackle and rolls the other way. Twisting a key and it turned into a naginata. Hinata barely had time to register as the creature tackled him from behind, he landed in the water, it seemed to power him and even in his panicked state, a wave of water. It engulfed the Hellhound and was sent into the depths. Breathing hard, he ran back to his mother and told his mother and grandparents everything. Akane, knowing that her son was ready. Politely told Hinata to pack his things, she gave him a map that led to the special camp and a cruise line ticket to Los Angeles, California, USA, and a train ticket to New York City. Akane told him as she was driving him to the port. that he is on his own for now, he can visit her anytime and will not leave Kagoshima. Saddened by this, he hugged her one last time and left for the ship.
When the ship got to Los Angeles, he took a train that was on the first railway to cross America, he took a ticket to New York. Though the train took about a week to cross the continent. As the train finally got to Grand Central Station, he took the letter that had the map of Camp Half-Blood in Long Island. He called a taxi and payed him $120 to take him to a strawberry field. The driver complied and took him there, as they got there, Hinata told him to stop when he found Thalia's pine tree on top of the hill (as said on the map). He walked along the hill and saw really beautiful buildings. When he got to the entrance, Poseidon claimed him.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure a weapon out of water which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of water.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from high altitudes as long as they land in water, they can also go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon have a slightly higher resistance to burns.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create a dome shaped torrent of water, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a very short time.
- Children of Poseidon can innately breathe underwater.
- They have telepathic connections to equine animals (horses, zebras, giraffes, pegasi, hippocampi, etc.), and while submerged in water they can communicate with other children of Poseidon telepathically.
- They, and everything they touch, stay or become dry in water, unless they want to become wet.
- They can make air bubbles form under water.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, only large enough to knock anyone in the immediate vicinity of the user off their feat, and only for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to Water Travel, a sort of teleportation; the further the distance, the more is energy drained, and there must be a substantial amount of water at both ends.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains.
3 Months after Character is Made (April 2013)
- Children of Poseidon are able to create a sphere of water, that they can either use to surround themselves to slow down projectiles from all sides, or surround an enemy to hold them back for a brief few moments. The longer the user holds the sphere, the more energy is drained.
6 Months After Character is Made (July 2013)
- Children of Poseidon can create small storms, using the rain and wind to knock back and distract anyone within the area. This causes the user to be vulnerable and stunned for a short period.
9 Months After Character is Made (October 2013)
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform into horses while out of the water, or hippocamp while in the water, for short times, the longer they remain in the form, the more energy it drains and the more time they need to rest between transforming.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water.
- Children of Poseidon can feel the difference between fresh water and salt water.
- Children of Poseidon have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
|Akane Otanashi||Mother||I love her, I will visit her one day.|
|Poseidon||Father||Did not meet him.|
|Poseidon's Cabin||Half-Siblings||They are nice to be with.|