Ivan, when everything is normal and boring, is a person with minimalism. Well, he's not the minimalist that you'd consider as lazy. He just does things to a smaller extent. He does what he wants, doesn't care what others think of him or what he's doing and does what he thinks is right. He does things on whim. His way of speaking can be informal sometimes, as he his late childhood life was mostly forged on the streets of the city, wherein you'll find all sorts of people. Typically, he has a friendly outer shell, but as most people do, he also has a darker side.
Upon the death of his mother, he swore he'll avenge her death but during his dark times, he was helpless. Now that he discovered his powers, he's determined to take a step in finding the criminals again and finish his business with them. Mentioning his mother will only make him sulky, silent, grouchy and morose. To all people, since he doesn't really trust anyone as much as family would, he considers his mother's death an "annoying" matter to stop them from perceiving him any further.
Despite everything that's happened in his life, he keeps all of his tragedies to the very bottom pit inside him. His feelings about it only surface when someone asks him something in relation to it.
Also, as he grew up the rest of his childhood in the streets of New York and Las Vegas, he has knowledge on city life and its torments. He sometimes does rackets when really needing cash or just bored, which are dishonest businesses. He knows how to bargain things and earn money even if its through stealing and extortion.
Jeanne Arc Concord was as ordinary as any other American living in Las Vegas, Nevada. She's got a good life as a single lady in her rather big house. She got everything he wanted. Jeanne is a flirt and loves to go on blind dates. She made several boyfriends from some of the blind dates, but eventually ditched them because she easily lost passion. After several attempts (and obviously failures) of finding that one perfect man, there came Thanatos, disguised as a handsome mortal man. It all started from small talk. Getting bigger. Eventually, they fell for each other. There's something about this man, she thought. Confirmed. She found the perfect man she needed for life.
And they realized a baby was swimming in her womb. Yup, she's pregnant after a one night stand at her house. But, as most gods do to their partners, they leave when they expect to have a child. Jeanne poured all of her energy to find Thanatos every single day, hoping to find him, bring him back and marry him. But she didn't succeed. She searched whole Las Vegas, but no sign of him. Depression immediately smashed her on the head and hr heart was sliced in half. She was so sad. On November 1, 1998, she gave birth to a bouncing baby boy which she named Ivan. Despite a bit angry because Thanatos left her, she treated Ivan as her only memory of him and swore to take care of him.
Ivan grew up a wild child, causing trouble both at school and home, but that's what Jeanne even love her son more. He loved Ivan's careless personality and lets him do what he wants without supervision, which led to his "I can do what I want" attitude. Everything went absolutely well at the Concord household, but their happiness was cut short by a terrible tragedy.
When Ivan was nine, they were walking down a rather very dark street after they met one of Jeanne's former college friends. It was dead quiet and no people passed by. They reached a fair distance in the street when a few criminals, ranging from 5 to 9, ambushed them. Jeanne quickly pulled Ivan to her side as the criminals pointed their guns at them. Ivan shifted his head to his right and saw a bunch of children about the same age as him crying and caged in large metals bars, their clothes were tattered and dirty. They were drooling, indicating they were hungry. They were actually kidnapped children, forced to do what the criminals want.
One of the criminals, without hesitation, pulled the trigger and shot down Jeanne, right at the head. Upon falling down, two of them grabbed the crying and wailing Ivan. dragged him and locked him to the cage with the other kids. What did they do to Jeanne's corpse? They just dumped it under a massive pile of trash at the corner. No one ventured much in these parts, including the police and garbage collectors so no one would actually notice a dead body decomposing. Well, the smell of her body mixed with the odor of the trash so it fits.
Seeing they hauled another child in the mix, they put on gas mask and gassed all of them, putting them to sleep. A while later, a hi-jacked truck arrived at the place, where they put the cage full of kidnapped children. They also stepped up in the truck's container to secure the kids as they drove off and got out of Las Vegas, no sweat. They drove across the country and their wheels brought them to the Big Apple: New York City.
Ivan, along with the other kids, grew up as slaves, doing juvenile crime for the big boys. They were forced to steal money and food from unsuspecting victims. They were given little food to eat and they were treated like hogs or dogs. Ivan still retained his happy personality, but under that personality lies grief and anger. Grief for his mother's death and anger for his mother's killers which were right in front of him. He couldn't stand up for himself and let justice take over, but he was scared they might kill him on the spot. He all kept it to himself while keeping a calm demeanor as a front. Of course he thought on having revenge, but this was a long term plan. Surprisingly, Ivan is the one who worked hard the most out of all of them, but of course he was only forced to do this.
When he hit fourteen, an empousa jumped out of nowhere and flashed its claws on the frightened Ivan. He didn't make any more thoughts and ran for it. Of he ran in the bustling roads of New York, trying to keep a very good distance away from the "chicken lady", as what he had called it. Being deprived of breakfast that day and the dinner before that, he was hungry and slower. Eventually, the empousa caught up with him and clawed him on the arm. He yelped as he witnessed the harpy being hit by a taxi. He saw this as an opportunity and hurried off. Upon reaching his "home", which was a run down warehouse, he collapse. His eyes stared at the bloody corpses of his friends, all sprawling on the floor. One of them was still gasping for air, so one of the criminals shot him to death. Then he pointed his gun at Ivan. But he was held off. He was told he was the "star student" and he wasn't involved in the children's revolt, which led to their deaths. They decided to bring him back to Las Vegas, where they will continue their criminal acts. Ivan, still scared by everything that happened, reluctantly followed them. He still kept all of his anger to himself. He was bound in chains as he was loaded to the truck. Upon arriving, they made him do dirty work again as they played poker and all gambling stuff.
As he was roaming around the streets of Las Vegas, he was attacked by another empousa. As usual, he ran for it. He found himself standing at the front doors of the Lotus Casino and Hotel. He figured the empousa won't come in this place as it seemed weird for something hideous like that to come in play. And no one seems to mind a poor teenager going in so he went inside. You know what happened next. He was offered with a Lotus Flower, ate it and entered a trance like everybody else inside. He actually stayed there for three straight years. Why did Thanatos didn't do a thing about it? He wanted to keep him out of trouble. When he hit seventeen, which was a good enough age, he talked him out of the trance. Still wondering who the heck the voice came from, he got out of the casino for the first time in three years.
A satyr happened to pass by and smelled Ivan's demigod scent. He immediately talked to him about everything he didn't know, which he didn't believe. But when he remembered the "chicken lady" attack three years ago and when he saw the satyr's goat legs, he was awestruck and finally believed it was all real. So the satyr took him to Camp Half-Blood back at New York, while toppling down the monsters along the way. They finally arrived at camp, where he was claimed by Thanatos after the evening muster.
- Children of Thanatos can use astral energies to make weapons for a short period of time, the larger the weapon, the more energy consumed. Only 1 weapon may be created at a time and it cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to drain some of the life force out of a person, so that they become weaker, slower, and almost sedated for a short time. However, using this in succession will weaken the power’s effect.
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to conjure a protective dome of astral energies around them, which will protect the user from attacks for a short time.
- Children of Thanatos can sense any death, whether it be mortal, demigod,nymph or monster.
- Children of Thanatos can communicate with the souls of the recently deceased.
- Children of Thanatos heal slightly every time they deal damage to their opponents.
- Children of Thanatos are able to see the lifespan of others, but are forbidden to share information about the lifespan in any way.
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Thanatos are able to call forth recently deceased spirits to aide them for a short time.
- Children of Thanatos are able to enchant weapons with soul-damaging powers, the effect only lasts for a short time.
- Children of Thanatos can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Thanatos are able to feast on the darkness around them and empower themselves for a short time, enhancing their strength and speed. After the effect wears off, the user will be somewhat worn out and unable to use the power again for the rest of the fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to temporarily split their souls in order to create a duplicate of themselves to aid them in combat. This duplicate and can only fight using whatever weapon the user has and possesses a weaker version of their powers. The user and the duplicate will possess a telepathic link. The longer the duplicate is maintained, the more energy is drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Thanatos have the ability to morph into a spirit for a short time. Whilst in this state, they are invisible (except to those gifted with powers over necromancy), intangible, able to fly, and their powers over astral energies and necromancy are enhanced. Though they are intangible by default, they can make themselves tangible to attack others or if they wish to be seen. If they attempt to attack anyone while still intangible they will automatically become visible and tangible. While in this state they are also able to drain the life-force of anyone they touch to a slight extent, however they cannot completely drain the life-force of the person. The user is extremely drained once the transformation ends, unable to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Thanatos generally have morbid personalities.
- Children of Thanatos are generally not frightened of death.
- Children of Thanatos normally prefer the idea of a quiet, peaceful death. They also tend to dislike the idea of people losing their lives violently.
- Children of Thanatos can grow up to make great morticians.
||Doesn't know him but would like to meet him one day
||Love her and misses her alot
||Loves her with all his heart
||They are all very nice and cool