A shy girl who rarely talks; she likes being alone or with her friends she trusts & doesn't say that much. People think that she's a daydreamer but she's actually very observant. She is quite intelligent & tends to calculate everything. She has a tendency to underestimate herself, as she thinks other people underestimate her, she is very insecure. She also tends to over think problems to make sure she got all perspectives & motives & possible plans figured out however she can make quick decisions if she has to. She sets very high demands to herself & tries her best to live up to her own expectations to herself. Although she has a hand full of friends, she's actually very kind & a good listener. When she gets sad or angry or she does something wrong she will start swearing & talk about how this shouldn't happen to her in Spanish. She likes to fiddle with anything she can get her hands on. From cogs to pipe cleaners, she will fiddle with it till it becomes something like a toy car or a robot.
Her mother was a mechanic teacher at the local high school when one day a strange man came to the school to teacher another subject. Her mother had stared at the man for ages, trying to figure out who he was. He wasn't like any man she had ever seen before. Alyssa Washington then plucked up the courage to ask the man for his name; his 'name' was Drake Foster. They then blossomed a loving relationship and Alyssa fell pregnant with their daughter, Izadora. Drake moved in the month that her mother told him the news and stayed at the apartment till she was 6 months pregnant. But when her mother arrived at her apartment after her work was done at the high school, she saw a note on the kitchen bench saying 'I'm sorry'. Her mother broke into tears that the man that was to father her child had left her before she gave birth. The next 3 months, she tried to wrap her head around the fact he left with no explanation but she felt like he had something he was hiding from her all along but he didn't have the courage to tell her the secret. Izadora was born on the 11th of July in the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.
She grew up in an apartment close to both her schools she went to in her life. She was a happy, energy-ball of sunshine as a child, becoming friends with all the children at the local park. Her mother, when Izzy was 3, started to date her step-father, Michael Grey, which her mother later married when Izadora was 5. She had a loving relationship with both of her parents and became very close to her step-father which she thought was her real father. Her mother then fell pregnant again with her mortal little brother, Harry. She grew up to love everyone and everything with compassion and treated no-one differently. It wasn’t until she was 8 when her parents found out she had ADHD and dyslexia but they treated her like a normal child.
She struggled through her school years, everyone thinking she was different because of her disorder. That set her personality as a shy and quiet girl. She kept to herself during Middle School and she only had a hand full of friends. But she had a special talent, she could read and speak Greek like it was her first language. Her teachers when she was in year 8 put her in an extension class for students that excel in area's other students were poor in. When she was 10, she started to see things that ordinary people wouldn't see, like the grey sister's taxi, Pegasus' flying over the Empire State Building and other 'un-natural' things. She had told her parents about what she was seeing but they said it was just her ADHD imagining things. So she began to not believe what she was seeing and think it was only her imagination. On her 11th birthday, she woke up with a fright she could hear something from outside on her balcony like they were, house hooves? She walked outside to see a house with wings and a note saying, 'The name of this pegasus is Flower'. She had never seen a thing like it before, big black wings, big blue eyes and an elegant face. The pegasus stared at her intently, tilting it's head towards it's back. Izzy careful got on the back of Flower and she was off. She spend hours from that day on playing with Flower, everyday when her mother and step-father left for work, she would whistle into the wind and there the big black beauty came flying down from the sky. She never told her parents about her pegasus but pretended to tell a story to her little brother about the adventures she would have with Flower. That was the only beast she had encounted since she started to see the monsters lurking around New York.
It wasn’t until she was 12 when a strange new student had just arrived into her excelled Greek class and was staring at her like she was made of glass. Izadora asked to go to the toilet to see if 'it' would follow her and the ‘student’ did follow her. She was strange because of her forked tongues and her skin has scales all over their arms. When Izadora had entered the bathroom, the 'student' turned into a dracanae, fully armoured and held long, spear-like weapons. She thought she was going to die but she heard a sound from behind her; it was the boy who sat behind her in Greek extension. The boy started to yell and his hat came off and there she saw 2 horns starting to sprout. He threw her a spare weapons, which happened to be an axe. She had never had any fighting experience but within seconds, Izzy was ducking and weaving out of the way of the monster. With one final strike, the 'thing' was dead. She spun around to the boy with the horns and gave him a small smile but she noticed that he also had what seemed to look like goat legs. He explained to her that he was a satyr and that she was in great danger because she was too vulnerable. She told the satyr she was too young to leave her parents and she wanted to stay a bit longer before she would leave to go to a different place she had never heard of before. The satyr told her if she decided to leave, she must call him to tell him to tell her parents about her powers and how she had to leave. So he gave her his phone number and left the school for good.
Her 2nd monster attack was when she was 13. She was coming home from school when another dracanae started to attack her from behind. The thing was stronger than the other one she had killed when she was 12. It had 2 spear-like weapons in it's hand and this one was angry, speaking and hissing about how Izzy killed her sister. She ducked and weaved her way out of the path and got out her axe with she had carried in her school bag since the first monster attack. With one hit to the head, the thing was dead. She got her phone out and dialled the satyrs number, explaining what happened and where to meet. They both met outside of her apartment building so that the satyr could explain to her parents why she had dyslexia and ADHD and why she was going away. She said her goodbyes to her parents and her mother made her promise to come back in December for Christmas. Izadora was flown back on a black Pegasus called Flower. When she arrived, she had settled in well and at the dinner she was claimed by her godly parent
3, 6, 9 Month Powers Locked.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to create and control fire; however, it is extremely chaotic and will burn anything near it no matter the intention of the child of Hephaestus. They can shoot fireballs, streams of fire and coat weapons in flame. The more fire summoned and controlled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hephaestus can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a wall of stone, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to temporarily block attacks
- Children of Hephaestus are innately extremely resistant to heat and fire.
- Children of Hephaestus are innately stronger and faster than others.
- Children of Hephaestus possess an ability to instantly understand how to use and wield any weapon they possess with no training beforehand.
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to release heat from their hands in order to cauterize an open wound.
- Children of Hephaestus are able to create a smoke screen that suffocates and hinders enemies for a short time, using it to either escape or do one sneak attack
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to control a single mechanical object with their mind; doing so, however, immobilizes the child of Hephaestus until control is broken. This only works on objects mechanically controlled, not objects controlled by magic.
- Children of Hephaestus can telekinetically move weapons under their own possession and use. They can move up to 3 large weapons at a time, such as swords, axes and hammers. Or up to 10 small weapons such as throwing stars, knives and caltrops. The longer weapons are telekinetically held, the more energy is drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus have the ability to curse an opponent’s weapons, armor and shields, make it softer, somewhat fragile or even rusted. This would last for a short time and make it easier for the user to attack. They can also repair weapons and armor with a thought and enchant weapons/armor to perform/defend against twice the amount of damage for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus are able to summon a humanoid automaton to fight for them for a short time, the automaton cannot be bigger than 2-3 times the size of the user. It may possess one weapon of the user’s choice and will take a basic appearance of a Greek soldier, but the user can customize their armor or facial appearance. The automaton will have no special abilities other than it’s strength, stamina and endurance. ( No powers over Electricity, Magnetism, Flight. etc) The user however has a hard time moving while the automaton is present. The automaton will follow any command of the user, after a short time the automaton will crumble and fall apart. The user will be left quite drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hephaestus can transform their bodies into pure metal for a short time, making them stronger and far more durable. They can also shift and transform parts of their body into weapons in this state. They also have the option to add an incredible amount of heat to their metal form, doing this would make the transformation even more draining than before. Choosing to become molten metal means the user burns anything they touch, enhancing their offensive abilities. Once the transformation is complete, the user is incredibly drained. Even moving wouldn’t be possible for a long time and they could possibly faint.
- Children of Hephaestus are known for making great mechanics and blacksmiths. Able to make, upgrade and repair all sorts of weapons, machines and devices including automatons, armor and transforming weaponry.
- Children of Hephaestus normally grow up to be excellent sculptors, stonemasons, architects,construction workers, carpenters and woodworkers.
- Children of Hephaestus normally feel comfortable in forges and other warm areas, making them great fire-fighters and volcanologists.