Jacob is smart, calculating, and intelligent, and loves to research new topics. However, he is also brave, loyal, and courageous, and loves it when people mistake him as a bookworm rather than the fierce warrior he is. He is highly sarcastic but not good with jokes, and is kind of shy.
Elijah Sykes was an infamous crime lord of Chicago. He ruled the streets with an iron fist. Elijah was cruel and made sure to spread fear everywhere. He had his enemies killed without remorse. He was smart and strategic. He was the perfect godfather. But he had one specific weakness, women. Elijah was known for having many women around him. He had normally brought home a woman or two at least every night.
One day as he was driven around in the streets in his armored car by his chauffer, he saw a very elegant woman. He quickly told his chauffeur to stop the car. He walked out and spoke with the woman. He had asked her back to his mansion. But she had refused. Stating with a wink that "it won't be that easy". Elijah had asked her out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. The woman had quickly agreed. Elijah then realized he never asked her name, he did so and the woman replied "you can call me Marissa". So Elijah had took Marissa to the most elegant restaurant in town. He had charmed her quite often. You could say the date was a success. Because Marissa had agreed to go with Elijah back to his mansion where they made very passionate love. But obviously Elijah was unaware that his new lover was Apate, Greek goddess of fraud, deceit and trickery.
After this interesting encounter. Apate had left the mansion while Elijah was sleeping. In the morning Elijah thought nothing of it. Since he was used to one night stands with women. Apate was impregnated with Elijah's child (or children). So 9 months later, Apate had left twin boys by the mansion. She decided to allow Elijah to name them. She rung the doorbell and quickly took off. One of the butlers, Richard had answered the door. He saw the twin boys and quickly scooped them up and brought them to Elijah. It was more than obvious he was the father. He had told Richard to just drop them off at an orphanage. But Richard who actually had a heart, unlike his employer, had convinced Elijah to keep the boys. Stating they could run his organization for when he retired. Of course Elijah had liked the idea. So he had kept the two boys, naming them Jaylen and Jacob.
Growing up the boys we're homeschooled and spent most of their time in the mansion, causing trouble and pulling pranks in all their free time. They rarely saw or talked to their father since he was too busy being a godfather. So Richard was put in charge of raising the boys. Spending time with them, playing with them and scolding them whenever they caused the trouble which was quite often. At the age of six, Jaylen earned the nickname "Dust" and Jacob became known as "Ash" when their father recited the famous phrase "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust". Jaylen and Jacob had come to think of Richard as a father, rather than Elijah.
One day when the boys we're 12, there was a raid on the mansion. A raid by a rivaling crime family. It was a bloodbath. Bullet noises everywhere, bloody corpes littered the floor. Elijah was one of these corpses from a bullet to the forehead. The rivaling family had clearly seized victory. But their leader had known of Jaylen and Jacob. He wanted to prevent a rebirth of their father's criminal empire. He wanted them dead. So he sent some of his heavily armed goons to find and kill them. Richard hid Jaylen and Jacob in the basement during all the fighting. He would've taken them far away for their safety, if only. Richard had lead the boys to a small exit through the back. But two of the goons had found them. They had quickly opened fire on the three of them. Richard has jumped in front of the boys and quickly yelled "Boys get out of here!" as he took the bullet fire. He was shot all across the torso. Jacob was mortified at the sight. But Jaylen quickly grabbed his arm as they ran off. They had managed to outrun the goons. Jaylen had led Jacob to a safehouse he had heard his father talk about one day. They went it and got everything they needed. Money, Food and Clothes. They then proceeded to flee the city. Since a whole crime family had still wanted to kill them.
For one year, the boys managed to survive off their father's money. Living quietly as possible. Making sure their money lasted as long as possible. One day when Jaylen and Jacob we're going to the supermarket, a hellhound had attacked them. They couldn't outrun the beast. They would've been eaten for sure but a CB sword had swiftly decapitated it's head, causing the beast to fade away. The boys looked up to see a blonde girl holding the sword, barely older than them. She had introduced herself as Lauren, daughter of Hades. She had explained the whole concept of demigods, monsters and camp. Jacob had asked them why she wasn't there. Lauren had replied that she had grew bored of camp life. And had decided to explore the world. So the boys we're taken to camp, we're claimed by Apate and begun training and started to develop their powers. Lauren had decided to stay with them for a few weeks. Because she wanted to make sure they settled into camp well and she also thought Jaylen was cute. But she and Jaylen and grew bored of camp life quite quickly. So they had left camp and set off in search of adventure. Jacob had tagged along, wanting to be able to watch out for his brother.
So for 3 years, the three of them had traveled the country. Slaying monsters, pickpocketing mortals for all the money they needed and even saving an untrained demigod from time to time. But one day that had all ended. After a near fatal encounter with a dragon. Lauren had decided it would be best if they stayed at camp. So the three of them had nearly made their way back to camp. But they had encounted Cecilia Levine, daughter of Phlegethon and Lieutenant of the Broken Covenant. She knew they weren't on her side. So she decided to end them. Cecilia's powers had overwhelmed the three of them. Cecilia had fired a stream of fire towards Jaylen. Lauren had pushed him out of the way. She was horribly burned on contact. The attack had ended her life. But Jaylen was mortified at his loss. Lauren was more than a friend to her. They we're dating for a couple months in fact. Before Cecilia could kill Jaylen as well. Jacob created an illusion of a hellhound attacking her. While she was distracted, he took his brother back to the safety of camp.
- Children of Apate have the minor ability to create illusions of attacks so realistic that they are most likely to catch an enemy off guard; however, if they miss they are left vulnerable to counter-attack.
- Children of Apate are able to command a weapon to go against it's master's will. However, they cannot command a weapon bigger than them. Also, the master of the weapon can resist the will of the weapon. Once the effect has wore off, the weapon is immune to further effects of it.
- Children of Apate are able to make the objects in a small area shift appearance or location, confusing those who will see it. While the skill is in effect, it continuously drains the user.
- Children of Apate are able to trick charging enemies to face the opposite directions and charge at those directions instead. The more enemies and the longer the distance, the more it drains the demigods. After the effects have wore off, enemies will be immune to further effects of it for the battle.
- Children of Apate are innately able to see through lies, illusions or any form of deceit, as they are innately so well skilled with deceit themselves.
- Children of Apate have the innate ability to confuse, mislead or deceive others for a short time, the longer they try and keep up with the lies/deceptions, the more energy it drains
- Children of Apate are able to make a fake copy of an object not bigger than them, but they must clearly imagine the object in their minds for it to completely imitate the original object. Also, if the original object possess magical properties or whatsoever, the imitation will not copy those properties.
- Children of Apate can use their powers to lure someone into lying or coming into agreement with them when they truly don't want to without the person influenced even noticing. The bigger the lie, the more power drained. A person with a strong will can fight this, and most will remember being deceived shortly after.
- Children of Apate are able to mimic sounds or the voice of a person or creature they already heard speaking or making noise. The quality of the mimicry depends on the focus and skill level of the user.
3 Months After Character is Made Edit
Children of Apate can create illusions in order to twist other's perception of reality or make everyone around them see something that isn't really there. However, the illusion isn't physical and therefore is only a trick of sight. The bigger the change in perception, the more power drained. They can also delude single individuals in the same fashion.
6 Months After Character is Made
Children of Apate are able to make a copy of their body, that they are mentally connected to, but cannot interact with its physical environment. It can be used to spy on others, bring back intel, distract others, carry messages, etc. It drains the user moderately.
9 Months After Character is Made Edit
Children of Apate are able to make a copy of their body, that they are mentally connected to. It is essentially a real copy of themselves, with all their powers to a weakened extent and can actually interact with their surroundings, however while the copy is active the user is entirely incapacitated. While the copies are active, the user is drained, so the longer the copy is active the more they are drained. Once the copy is gone, they must wait a substantially long time before making another copy.
- Children of Apate tend to be treacherous, fond of treachery or amused by it.
- Children of Apate are cunning, sly and uneasily fooled.
- Children of Apate are very good liars and at making alibis.
- Children of Apate are good at forging signatures and hacking systems.
- Children of Apate have deceit "intuitions", meaning they may have a hunch if someone will try to deceive them. However, their predictions may not be accurate every time.
|Elijah Sykes||Father||It's not like he ever made time for me and my brother|
|Apate||Mother||Never met her.|
|Richard||Butler/ Caretaker||Well he took care of me and Jacob and died for us. i'm grateful for that|
|Lauren||Late Girlfriend||I hope she's okay in the Underworld.|
|Cecilia Levine||Enemy||She messed with my brother. I want to see her suffer.|
|Jaylen Sykes||Twin Brother||A true American idiot.|