Jade is very creative, constantly drawing and writing. She has written 4 novels, though no one has read them yet. She is also very smart, being a child of Athena. She even skipped 4th grade. Jade is also very shy and has a hard time trusting people. This is most likely due to he past. She has a hard time in large groups of people, as it drains her energy.
Thomas was a researcher in a hospital in upstate New York. He was the best in his field, and everyone knew him. One day, he list his passion and stopped working. Athena, who was already intrigued by him, decided to help him get his passion back. She helped him get his job at the hospital back. In order to thank Athena for what she did, he took her out to dinner. They two of theme clicked, and they fell in love. Athena revealed that she was a god, and Thomas was surprised, but loved her anyway.
When Jade was created, Athena gave Jade to Thomas and left, without saying why. Thomas began drinking, and blamed Jade for Athena leaving him. When Jade entered first grade, Thomas lost his job at the hospital again, and they moved to a small apartment. Thomas' drinking problem only grew, and he became abusive to Jade, stating that if she had never been born, Athena would still be with him. Through this Jade remained a good student and hid her home life behind a smile.
At school, she was know as an outcast. She was always alone, and no one tried to befriend her. She liked it like this, she could be herself. While other kids were outside for recess, she was in the library, reading books about science and math. She befriended the librarian, Mrs. King, a lady in her 50's. Jade grew up in the library, reading and becoming smarter. She skipped 4th grade because she was so advanced in her studies, and became known as a nerd. She was bullied for this, and even though she knew that her bullies were picking on her to make themselves feel better, it effected her. She wore a black hooded sweat shirt to hid the bruises her father left her. One could say Jade was a troubled child.
One day, when she was 12, she was walking home from school on a bright autumn day. She was attacked by a beast that was a mix between a lion, snake, and a goat. The librarian was at the supermarket Jade was passing and saw the Chimera attack. Jade watched helplessly as Mrs. King killed the Chimera. She then told Jade about the Greek gods and how she was a demi-god, a child of Athena. Once the monster attacks became more frequent, she was taken to camp half-blood and learned about the gods herself. There, she was claimed as a child of Athena and she grew up in Camp Half-Blood, and learned to fight. As a child of Athena, Mrs. King could pick out a demi-god like herself. Mrs. King knew that Jade was a demi-god soon after they met. She gave Jade a hair pin to protect herself, explaining that it turned into a bow and arrow. Mrs. King told Jade about camp half-blood, and how'd they take her in. Jade was worried what her father might say if she left, so Jade stayed with her father for 3 years.
When jade turned 15, she and her father got into a huge argument. Thomas stated how he wished Jade had never been born. Jade decided to give him exactly what he wanted, and she ran away. She stole money from him and she got a bus ticket. She headed south, towards long island, where the librarian told her to go. She made it to long island with no monster attacks, until she was chased by a hell hound in Jamestown. She managed to escape it. Despite this, she made her way to Camp Half blood in one piece. At age 15, she made her way to camp. Some Apollo campers shot the hell hound, causing it to flee.
- Children of Athena have the ability to see each specific pressure point on another person and are proficient at striking them in order to immobilize another person for a short time.
- Children of Athena are changed during battle and become stronger and quicker in combat than a normal human could achieve.
- Children of Athena, using their inclinations of battle and strategy, can, most of the time, predict the course of action an opponent will take when attacking and dodge or parry accordingly; however, if the prediction is wrong, this may cost the child of Athena dearly.
- Children of Athena are innately proficient in both the strategy of and participation in combat.
- Children of Athena have innate battle reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Athena have minor telepathic abilities
- Children of Athena have the ability to calm a person near them; this can be used on either ally or foe for varying reasons.
- Children of Athena have the gift to be able to call upon the allegiance of a nearby owl which will scout for them and relay information back telepathically.
3 Months After Character is Made
Children of Athena, thru telepathy, are able to minorly alter the moods of a person or group of people, for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
Children of Athena are able to make loose materials, or anything found around them to weave a wall, obstructing the view of anyone facing them, as well as blunting attacks, but not entirely stopping all attacks, just slowing them down.
9 Months After Character is Made
Children of Athena can turn into an owl for a short period of time, allowing then flight, but are considerably drained upon returning to normal form
- Children of Athena are very intelligent, wise and clever.
- Children of Athena are also very adept at weaving, pottery and other crafts.
- Children of Athena often give good counsel
Hatred towards him
She was never there for Jade.