Jasmine Jarvis is a 19 year old child of Persephone.
Jasmine was born to Ken Jarvis and Persephone. Ken was an indie singer, who was trying to make a fortune for himself by performing at small gigs and bars, trying to somehow find himself a deal with a record label. It just so happened that during a particularly crowded gig, Ken met Persephone. The Goddess had stumbled upon the gig during her tenure away from the Underworld. She decided that this opportunity could be used to find a more...handsome suitor, even if only for the night. Ken himself was quite good looking and so when they met backstage, they immediately felt attraction. One thing led to dinner and then to a brief one night stand. Or at least, that's what Ken thought.
Persephone of course was pregnant with Jasmine, unbeknownst to Ken. He continued his music career, moving from state to state, trying to pay the bills when one day, a golden basket was left outside his trailer. He almost considered dumping the baby or leaving her at an orphanage. But some chord was struck in his heart when he looked at her face, he simply couldn't just leave the baby out. So he took her in.
Life's never easy for a single father who happens to be a travelling musician with a toddler. Ken's hectic schedule had little time for caring and nurturing a young child. So he hired cheap help, but they could never stay for long. As Ken toured around in his little van, he had to hire nannies to look after Jasmine. Luckily, due to Ken's constant movement, monsters couldn't get a hold of Jasmine - they'd never stay in one place for too long and this meant that she remained unnoticed - for now.
Eventually, Ken settled in California, with Jasmine, when she was about seven. He'd often neglect her, leaving the state for concerts and such, always going away for "business". He had someone to take care of her though, like a live-in nanny. She was a satyress, and had (rather luckily) sniffed Jasmine out. Using the guise of a nanny, she was able to ward off monsters. Eventually, when Jasmine turned 11, she was attacked by a couple of harpies, which led the Satyress to take Jasmine away to safety, and to explain to Ken about the whole demi-god situation. Jasmine was taken to camp and has been there until her seventeenth birthday.
Recently she left camp, to visit her father, as she had little communication from him. Only, when she got home, Ken was dead on the floor, body rotting, with bloodstained furniture and broken glass. The place had been attacked by hellhounds, so it seemed, from the black fur left on the floor. She stayed in California for a while, so to clear up the house and attend the funeral. She didn't go back to camp straight away, spending a month in Cali, for some time alone, before returning to Long Island.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to shoot multiple plant thorns from their fingertips, once the thorns touch an opponent's skin they can cause severe skin irritation and a powerful burning sensation for a short time. Much like the infamous North American plant, Stinging Nettles
- Children of Persephone can create a small tornado formed of petals and grass blades. As the floral tornado spins faster, the petals and grass blades become hard and strong enough to cut an someone. When the tornado's at it's fastest, the child can launch the blades of grass and the petals at an opponent.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to create a protective dome of flowers and vines around them, roughly two to three times the size of the user, as a shield, although will instantly begin to die after a short time. During the fall/winter, they can create a protective dome of durable skulls instead which will crumble to dust after a short time.
- (Spring/Summer Only) They are able to communicate with and command animals. (Fall/Winter Only) They can communicate with the dead.
- Children of Persephone have the innate ability to talk flowers to life, either making them grow more quickly or bringing them back from a recent death.
- Children of Persephone always surrounded by an aura that normally causes plants to grow where they have walked. They can shut it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Persephone are innately stronger during the Spring and Summer months due to the happiness of their mother.
- In the spring/summer months they can create travel roses. Roses that allow the user to teleport from that rose to another one. In the fall/winter months they can shadow travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow. The further the distance traveled, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Persephone can turn inanimate objects into a flowers for a short time, this can be used for a multitude of purposes. The larger the object the more draining it is. Only one object may be turned into a flower at a time and it turns back to normal after a short time. The item is immune to further use of the curse for a moderate time.
- Children of Persephone can create a dense fog of powerful pollen which causes the opponent to be temporarily blinded and cough madly for a short time.
- Children of Persephone have the ability to create ropes of vines and flowers from nothing. They only last for a moderate time before dying and fading away into nothing. Vines and flowers can able be telekinetically moved by the user.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Persephone can manipulate and control the solar energy absorbed by plants. They can fire energy beams that burn upon touch, emit protective veils around their bodies,create light sources and even infuse the energy into weapons. Increasing it’s strength and damage capacity for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made
- In spring and summer months, children of Persephone can summon up to 3 large mutant flowers that fight for and serve the user. It could only be up to 2 or 3 the size of the user, possess fangs and release a pollen just like Supplementary 3. When the flowers are cut or burned, they can quickly regenerate. After a moderate time, the flowers die and fade into nothing.
- In fall and winter months, children of Persephone are able to summon skeletal/zombie humanoids/animals to do their bidding, the more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained. Any armor/weaponry the undead possess also makes the summoning more draining. Which can then be controlled by the mind of their summoner; the longer they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- In spring and summer months, children of Persephone can transform their bodies structure to match that of a plant’s for a short time. The user will be a humanoid plant, the type of plant will be completely up to their choice. As long as it’s not poisonous or carnivorous. In this form, the user is immune to pain and can quickly regenerate from any injury, their existing chlorokinetic abilties are stronger as well. Once the transformation ends, the user will be extremely drained. Unable to move and could possibly faint.
- While in fall and winter months, they are able to use many recent deaths to empower themselves for a short time, making them stronger and quicker. The user is immune to all attacks and receives a boost in their existing abilities over necromancy. Once the transformation subsides and the user reverts to normal, they are immensely drained, cannot move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Persephone retain a youthful appearance for longer than most, this starts around the age of 12
- Children of Persephone are generally happier in the spring and summer months, and more solemn/melancholy in the fall and winter months.
- In the Fall/Winter Months only they are able to travel into the Underworld freely, as their mother resides there
- Children of Persephone typically have great love and knowledge of flowers, causing them to make great florists.