Jesse's a wild card. Most of the time, he acts like a little kid and likes to play around a lot. He's really goofy at times and says things that don't quite make sense to him or others around him. He doesn't care what most people think of him. If someone tells him he eats to loud, he'll grab a bag of chips, stuff his mouth full and munch on them obnoxiously loud. However, Jesse can be quite mature when he wants to be. When someone is sad or hurt, he does whatever he can in his power to make them smile. He is extremely loyal to those he loves and will give his life for their well-being.
Ariana DeWolfe was a professional track runner in her youth. She was beautiful, willfull, dedicated, the best of her team. It was these traits that caught the attention of the messenger god, Hermes. He was so captivated by her beauty, he had to take her for himself. He approached her under the name of John Morelli after an event she participated. Despite her intimidating aura, she was really friendly and quite the charmer. As soon as they said anything to each other, an invisible spark flew between them and they both knew that they had fallen hard.
9 months later, on October 17, Hermes and Ariana bore a baby boy whom they named Jesse. As they welcomed Jesse to their home, Hermes decided it was time to reveal his true identity as the messenger god. At first, Ariana didn't believe him. That is until he changed his form, showing him in a bleached white toga, with a pair of winged sandals, holding a staff with twin snakes curled around it. It took a while, but Hermes explained everything about him, what his son was, and the events to partake in the future. Before he left, he gave his son another good look before smiling. "I love you both."
After Hermes left, Ariana made it her mission to raise Jesse as best as she could. It wasn't easy at first, but over time she managed everything with ease. It was just her and Jesse, living in their home in Los Angeles, California. They lived near the beach so they always went swimming.
At the age of seven, Jesse was diagnosed with mild dyslexia and ADHD. Even so, Ariana made him continue with school, which he did good in despite being taught in "special" classes. Along the way, Jesse had two friends, Victoria and Christian, who helped him. They've been close since Pre-School and it seemed nothing could break them up.
A few years later, at the age of fourteen, Jesse had a strange encounter. He was walking along the shore of the beach near his home when he spotted a man in an empty part of the beach. He seemed only a few years older than him, with a lean muscular build, tanned skin, and dark hair. He seemed to swinging something in his hands, as if he were training. As Jesse got a closer look, trying not to be seen, he saw that the object in his hands was a sword. A real razor-sharp sword. And that wasn't even the strange part.
As the man slicing the air, something sleek and dark torwards the shore. At first, Jesse thought it was dolphin, until it pulled itself onto shore with its human like claws. It was like a cross between a seal, a dog, and a midget. Scary part? It was looking directly at Jesse. That's when it started moving quickly to Jesse, with its talons outstretched. Lucky for him, the man with the sword was quicker to the situation and made a clean swipe through the monster before it could touch him, making it explode into dust. Not wanting the same fate to happen to him, Jesse took off and ran, the man staring after him.
After that little incident, nothing of the same excitement took place for a while. Not wanting to make people think he was crazier than he already was, he kept that little incident to himself, hoping he was simply hallucinating. The years to come proved him otherwise, as each time, he was almost killed by some strange beast. And each time, that same man was there to save his bacon. He didn't ever get a chance to thank him, since he was too busy running away.
Eventually,Jesse's now seventeen. He had finally managed to graduated high school with a GPA of 3.5 and he was feeling extra proud of himself. After the grad party, saying goodbye to his friends, he starting walking home. It was almost 11:00, but he didn't mind the dark. Only a few blocks away, Jesse was stopped in his tracks by the sound of growling. Like the idiot he was, he turned around, only to have his blood run cold
It was dog, no doubt, but not you're ordinary mutt. It was as black as the night and as big as a garbage truck. It bared it's teeth, each as sharp as a sword. Jesse tried to run, but he was in too much in shock to move, so he closed his eyes and braced himself for whatever fate my await him. What he didn't expect was a deep yelp and the sound of metal moving through sand. He opened his to see none other than the man he saw with the sword three years ago.
The man greeted him with a grin, holstering his sword on his back. Jesse was at a lost for words, still too shocked to run away this time, but found out soon enough that there was no need for it. The man explained his name was Jordan and that he was what was called a demigod, that Jesse was one as well. He told him that he saw him that day three years ago and has been watching him ever since. He also told him hewas in danger of monsters if he didn't take him to Camp Half-Blood, the only place safe for him. Jordan had a slight feeling that Jesse would be difficult to cooperate with like other demigods. What he didn't expect was him to grin and say, "Well, what're we waiting for? Let's go!"
Long story short, Jessr and Jordan made their way back to Jesse's home, to find Ariana waiting. Jordan did all the explaining while Jesse went to change and pack clothes. Lucky for Jordan, Ariana knew the situation well and understood that Jesse had to leave, Before they left, they had a family moment with Jesse being told that his father will explain it all to him. It took a while, but Jesse and Jordan made it to New York in no time, taxiing all the way from the airport to Long Island, the location of Camp Half-Blood. As they walked through the gate, a holographic image appeared over Jesse, as Hermes, his father, claimed him.
- Children of Hermes are skilled thieves and are able to disarm an opponent and take their weapon easily.
- Children of Hermes can summon nearby animals to attack an opponent. The more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Hermes are able to increase their speed and stealth in short bursts, making them faster than most and undetectable for a short time. However, they cannot have a weapon drawn so the speed is purely for evasion.
- Children of Hermes have innate reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Hermes are extremely proficient with thrown weapons.
- Children of Hermes are proficient in dodge-rolls.
- Children of Hermes have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which this can be used to dodge or attack.
- Children of Hermes possess enhanced stamina.
- Children of Hermes are able to endow a pair a shoes with ethereal wings which grant the wearer temporary flight, they may use it for themselves or give them to another, however they are only able to go as high as just over the tree tops, and they only last for a couple of days at most before the wings lose power.
- Children of Hermes can cause a person or a group of people to speak in different languages so that no one understands what each other is saying, the effects only last a short time.
- Children of Hermes are able to trick another into doing something for them or revealing a secret to them; nothing guarantees the person will complete the task, if they figure out they are being tricked.
3 Months After Character is Made (Locked)
- Children of Hermes are able to teleport themselves, since their father is the god of travel. The further the distance, the more energy drained.
6 Months After Character is Made (Locked)
- Children of Hermes can temporarily steal 1-3 demigod powers from an opponent or ally for a few minutes, the user gains some knowledge of their new powers. The more powerful the stolen powers are and the more taken, the more energy is drained when the power theft wears off. (If the target doesn't have their 3/6/9 month powers, they cannot be stolen.)
9 Months After Character is Made (Locked)
- Children of Hermes can shift into a hawk for short periods of time granting them flight, the longer they retain this form, the more energy it drains and the more time they need to rest between transformations
- Children of Hermes make excellent thieves.
- Since their father is god of astrology, children of Hermes tend to make great astrologists. Able to identify any constellation and use the stars to draw star maps.
- Children of Hermes often do well when competing in athletic contests.
- Because Hermes “invented” the Internet, his children are able to use the Internet without drawing any extra attention to themselves from monsters.
- Children of Hermes have excellent memories for remembering messages
- Children of Hermes have excellent sense of directions, are able to find and travel to any location in the world with ease