Kai is an easygoing and a fun-loving boy. He doesn't get hurt easily at all and, in general, is the type of person that will laugh at any jokes, even if they are at his own expense. His sense of humor isn't the best thing about him, he's also the type of person that will defend weaker people, and stop bullies. And yet, as a normal person, his fatal flaws are the facts that he is just too stubborn and won't give up on an idea. Plus, he can be bossy at times, especially when working in school or at a competitive task.
Vi met "Tyler Cairns" at a party when she was 25 years old. She had just released a new album, and one that actually had fairly good reception, something she was ecstatic about. She had gone over to the punch table to get some more punch for herself and Tyler had been standing there, a handome young man by her standards. They'd started talking and exchanged numbers, obviously attracted to each other. Vi was the type of girl that took casual s*x if she liked the man, and she surely did like him. So when the two had decided to go to a bar together, it didn't take long before she was tipsy enough to have s*x with him... And forget about protection. Next thing she knew she was waking up to the best mistake of her life, no matter how hard it would be on her. She was pregnant, something that, even at the time, she'd been ecstatic about, perfectly willing to let the father stay out of the picture.
The only weird thing about Kai's life as a child was the fact that his mom was a singer, a famous one. People didn't treat him differently though, and the fact propelled him to be kind to everyone, and never try to hurt a soul. The two didn't fight a lot, and Vi was possibly the best mother he could ask for. His childhood years were spent in relative safety, protected from the world with tons of friends at school, a popular boy not just for his mother's fame. Of course there was one other thing that he'd always wondered, when he had turned 11 years old his mother had given him a sword, one with something she called celestial bronze, why had she done that? She said that it was to protect him if he was ever attacked by a burglar or something, but her eyes didn't exactly seem to be telling the truth. And what was really weird was that the sword seemed to change shape into a mini plastic sword whenever he pressed the small button on the bottom of the sword.
And then the first attack came, when he was only 13, turning 14 in two weeks. He had been walking home from school, all alone in a dark area that no one ever seemed to walk by, his shortcut so that he wouldn't get stuck in "traffic" with lots of walking kids. Except this time, he wasn't alone, something was flying in the sky. It was a harpy, just one that was already slightly injured with one of her wings cut off. When it saw Kai it, even in its weak state, attempted to attack him. Kai, on a visceral instinct, pulled the sword out of his bag, the one that his mother had given him when he was 11, and tried to attack the harpy managing to cut off one of its wings. From there it was simple enough for him to hit it in the stomach, and for Kai to kill the harpy, running back home confused. When he told his mother she revealed something to him, something that "Tyler Cairns", or Eros as she had later found out, had left her. It was a note explaining everything, who his father was, who he was, why he had a sword, and what he needed to do if he were ever to get hurt really badly. It even strongly encouraged him to go to this camp, one called "Camp Half-Blood" where he would be safe. And yet, the two both agreed that he didn't need to leave yet, just if he was every very badly hurt. The letter explained all of his questions, even though it seemed insane, he just knew that it was true. Unlike most, instead of acting incredulous and confused, he simply accepted it and moved on with his life, making sure to find a way to keep his sword with him as much as possible, even more than he had before. Kai started taking classes on how to use a sword (sword fighting classes) almost immediately, and really started to excel in the sport, working hard on it every day and persevering. Almost a year later, when he was 14 1/2, he would need these skills when, this time, a fully capable harpy attacked him. This time he was, rather luckily (or unluckily) alone at home, practicing his sword fighting skills in his backyard as he waited for his mother to come home. It was a hard battle and the harpy scratched him badly, causing him to lose a lot of blood from his left leg and right arm. However, he was able to defeat the harpy and get treated at a hospital, making up some excuse about tripping. The next time though, three harpies came while he was walking near his home on a pleasant jog. He was barely able to make it out of that one alive, bleeding so badly that the doctors almost feared for a second that he'd have to get blood from his mother or someone else. He was 15 1/2. He only managed to kill one of the harpies but was able to flee while the other two were injured, barely making it out. At that point his mother told him that he would have to go to the camp so that he could stay safe. After he was finally recovered enough to go, the two drove by car to the camp. By that point he had turned 16. And now he is here...
- Children of Eros can manipulate the thoughts of a person for a short period of time in order to make them able to only think about the person or thing they love or favor most. Once used on a person it becomes ineffective on that person for a moderate amount of time.
- Children of Eros have the ability to focus an emotional energy beam out of their love, which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Eros can cause people of the gender they are attracted to lose all desire to attack them for a short time (in the case being that they are bisexual or pansexual etc. it would be only people with the same gender of their current or most recent partner). Once the child is attracting someone, they cannot attack. So the power is purely defensive
- Children of Eros can generate a veil of emotional energy from the feeling of love, the veil will protect them from damage for a short time, but cannot be used if the child does not have the love to fuel it.
- Children of Eros cause anyone of the opposite gender to be, at least slightly, attracted to them, they also attract people of the same gender that consider themselves gay or lesbian.
- Children of Eros are innately proficient archers.
- Children of Eros have a partial resistance to charmspeak, charm-touch etc.
- Children of Eros can detect emotional ties between different people, if they’re lovers, friends etc. and can find out about someone’s previous partners, including: if they had sex, and how long the relationship lasted. They can also easily tell their sexuality and ideal partner, it works better the more emotionally concerned the child of Eros is for the target.
- Children of Eros can manipulate the feeling of love of people by either removing it or increasing it towards themselves or other people. This is temporary and requires a lot of energy, although using it towards oneself requires less than if it were towards other people. Ex: They can make someone love and admire them, or hate them, or make best friends hate each other, or two enemies feel love for each other.
- Children of Eros can infuse emotional love magic into their arrows or any other weapon in their possession, if the weapons hits the intended target, the target will temporarily fall in love with the first object or person they see for a moderate time. After which, the target is immune to further use of it for the rest of the fight. (Note:The Love magic works better when used with arrows though.)
- Children of Eros can decrease or increase someone’s lust, such as increasing a desire for sexual intercourse or simply wiping it out. An increase in sexual desire can be resisted by sheer willpower and will only last for a short time, this depends on the magnitude of the target’s sexual desire before it was attempted to be altered.
- Since their father was depicted as a winged god, children of Eros can sprout wings for a short time, this enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
|Vi Shane||Mother||I love her so much, she really is the best mom I could ask for|
|Eros||Father||I haven't met him yet but mom really liked him, so I'm certain that he'll be awesome|