Katerina is a quiet girl who doesn't care about her life, all she cares about is her dream. She's independent and likes being alone. Even though she doesn't even know one of her older half-brothers she doesn't care. She doesn't care about her father. She's a bit like a lone wolf. She's very sporty and has taken an interest in drawing and sketching.
Cash Blazer looked at the sky; he had two newborn twins to take care of and a company to run. He was near a graveyard. Watching the moon while thinking about Pandia, the girl he fell in love with. Well he did. Then he saw her, a woman wearing a white dress. Her skin was pale; her hair was raven black and was flowing in the wind. It was the goddess of ghosts. Melinoe. Cash was in love with her. She looked back at him and smiled faintly, she then walked away. Cash chased after her. He managed to see Melinoe and they became friends quickly, very quickly. It was love at first sight for both of them; a week past and they started dating.
He hired a babysitter to watch the boys and still run his company, in his spare time he would meet Melinoe. A few weeks past and soon Melinoe was pregnant, pregnant with their child. She told him that she had to leave town and she has an arranged marriage, she gave him a necklace with an infinity symbol and a flower, a white rose. She told him to give it to their child when he/she was born.
Soon their child was born, a girl. A note was there and she wanted to call her Maryse. But he ended up calling her Katerina. Katerina Maryse Blazer. The boys were still babies that time. Cash couldn’t take care of her. Having a company and two twin boys was enough, having a third one would cause a lot of trouble. He decided to give her to his older sister, Constance. So he did, and he lived his normal life. But he was feeling guilty about giving his own child to his sister.
As months past Katerina was a quiet child, not wanting to cause trouble for people. She barely cried (unless she was tired) and didn’t mess up everything. Cash’s older sister was a former hunter of Artemis, knowing that she was a demigod by the disappearance of her mother after birth and the necklace. She was also given the necklace and she put it on Katerina.
By the age of seven, Katerina was always troubled. Getting in trouble with the older kids, getting blamed by everyone and getting in trouble with the teachers. She would always get scolded when she didn’t do anything, she was a misunderstood child. She would meet her brothers sometimes but they would be known as her ‘cousins’ and that her own father was her ‘uncle’. She never knew about it.
By the age of twelve, she became the school basketball team captain for the girls and the vice president of her class. She also became the top student getting A+ all the time, she almost skipped a grade. Soon she felt that people were stalking her, she felt uncomfortable and decided to tell her aunt about this. Constance was worried and she decided to home-school Katerina. Katerina was a curious child and she asked why. She told her that the school fee was too expensive (since she went to the best school in their city).
By the age of thirteen she went alone in the woods and soon was attacked by a hellhound, unsure of what was happening she kept running fast into the parts of the forest which were near to her house. Her aunt realized she was gone and heard her scream; she took her old bow and arrows and went to look for her niece. She saw the hellhound and managed to kill it with her old bow and arrows. Constance was panting and told Katerina never to go out of the house without her permission. Katerina asked if she could go back to school and Constance sighed and accepted that. Katerina soon went back to school but this time a public school. By the age of fourteen, Katerina was known as the best student in the public school. She got an invitation to go to a boarding school. Which was one of the top schools in New York; Constance hesitated and thought for a while. She told her that when she reached the age of fifteen she could go, the happy Katerina smiled. She cheered herself as she rushed to her bedroom.
At the age of fifteen she went to the boarding school, she was happy there. Soon two demigods appeared who were known as the ‘queens’ of the school, scouters in fact. The names of Natsuko Sato and Kaylee Flemming, a daughter of Athena and Persephone. Natsuko was known as the famous Japanese fashion designers daughter and Kaylee a music prodigy. They became quick friends with Katerina.
A few days later a monster attack happened, Natsuko and Kaylee went to save her immediately. Since they heard her scream in the dorm room. They took out their weapons and killed the monsters which were two dracnaes. Natsuko was panting and Kaylee was catching her breath. They explained to Katerina about demigods. Of course she wouldn’t listen. That was when Kaylee used her powers and a vine wrapped her body.
Katerina was shocked and the vine soon disappeared. They soon took her to camp and she was claimed by Melinoe.
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, have the ability to possess an object for a short time and then attack with it; if the object is struck, they are expelled from it.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to become intangible for short periods; making them immune to attacks but also unable to attack naturally.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to transform a weapon into an intangible state for a short time, making it so no one can touch it, this can also work on other small, non combative objects, like books, etc.
- Children of Melinoe are innately able to talk to and command ghosts, they can also help ghosts with any unfinished business that is keeping them tethered. They can also use this ghost to spy for them, or gather information.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a single poltergeist which will fight for them for a short time.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a banshee, which will instantly begin wailing and stun anyone who is not intangible for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, can travel in this manner as a ghost would, disappearing and appearing in another location, however the travel drains the user considerably
- Children of Melinoe, while intangible, have the ability to possess others and in doing so, they gain temporarily control over their body and can cause them to attack others nearby, however, the person being controlled has the ability to resist if they are forced to attack themselves, for a very short time; the child of Melinoe is then extremely drained of energy and will not be able to fight or even move for a moderate time.
- Children of Melinoe have the ability to summon a host of ghosts (up to 10) which will fight for them for a short time and is immune to all attacks. Though the ghost is intangible, they can use their ghostly powers to throw stuff. They can also use this ghost to spy for them, or gather information.
- They are not easily scared by things that go bump in the night
- They usually enjoy talking to ghosts
- They often have a rather melancholy nature
|Melinoe||Mother||I don't know her so I don't really know...|
|Constance Blazer||Aunt||She was like my mother, I miss her.|
|Asher Blazer||Half-Brother||Eh, he's okay. He's nice to me.|
|Kevin Blazer||Half-Brother||I met him a few times and I was told that he was my 'cousin'. He's...okay.|
|Other children of Melinoe||Half-Siblings||*shrugs* Meh.|