Kim is normally very quiet and shy around people she is not familiar with. She will typically try to just fade into the background, if given the chance. For those that do confront her and get to know her a little better, she will eventually start to open up and show a much more carefree and fun-loving side. She can be a little flirty with the guys at times, but is likely to turn red and go silent again if anyone points this out to her.
She has a passion for collecting shiny rocks. It doesn't matter if they are gems, geodes, or just pretty rocks she found on the side of the road. She also has a tendency to draw doodles on whatever materials she has handy, including her own skin. She will try to stick to washable markers though if drawing on herself or someone else...mostly.
Kim is 5'2" with a slender, athletic build. She has naturally dark hair, but likes to dye it different colors. Her eyes are a warm shade of brown.
(Model being used is Park Ye Eun a.k.a Yeeun a.k.a. Yenny)
Kim's mother (or father, depending on god parent selected) was a medical assistant aboard a deep water fishing vessel based in South Korea. It was a rouch job that involved long weeks at sea in some of the worst weather conditions. There was not one outing where at least one crewmwmber would be lost overboard or severely injured trying to bring in some of the larger and stronger catches. Death was a constant companion.
Perhaps it was the death toll in general or maybe it was the way that Kim's mother calmly accepted the losses that caught the attention of a divine being from the underworld. Whatever the reason, the young medic found herself the target of relentless flirting from a young European man who had recently joined on with the crew. Under normal circumstances, she would have turned away and run, as any modest girl would do. But the confined spaces of the ship kept them in constant contact and eventually her defenses began to wear away.
The flirting escalated to a burning passion and the two young lovers spent every stolen moment they could in each others embrace. Eventually the ship returned to port and the young man informed her that he was being called home. He promised to send for her as soon as he could. The day after he left, she found out she was pregnant.
One year later, she returned to work. Her baby daughter was left with a friend while she returned to her old boat crew to try to earn a living. An explosion below decks just after the ship left port claimed her life. Her lover had sent for her, just as he had promised.
With no living relatives identified, Kim was sent to a local orphanage. She was there less than three months before an American couple adopted her and took her to her new life on the other side of the world.
Growing up, Kim had many foster brothers and sisters come and go, but she was the only child ever fully adopted by her parents. A nasty criminal record possessed by her adopted grandfather and uncle prevented her parents from adopting locally and going overseas for another child was just too expensive to manage.
Her home was in a fairly rural area with almost nothing to do and very few neighbors to go visit. It is no wonder that it took years for any of her powers to start to surface or for any monsters to find her. In fact, she would probably still be on the farm today, if a satyr and another demigod on his way to camp hadn't run out of gas on the dirt road near her home.
Being hospitable, she offered to guide them to the nearest service station where they might buy some fuel and snacks. Along the way they were attacked by several skeleton like figures, who had been in pursuit of the demigod and his escort. The satyr, disguised fairly well as a normal teen at that point, stayed pretty calm and quickly grabbed a loose board from a fence to use as a makeshift club. The other demigod...well, he just sorta passed out. Kim stood in stunned terror as the satyr put up a valiant fight, but the beasts were too much for him and he was eventually knocked cold by a blow from his relentless opponents.
Kim stood frozen in place as they advanced, ready to finish all three of them off. Then she did what any child scared out of her wits would do. She closed her eyes, stomped her feet, and yelled at the top of her lungs, "GO AWAY! LEAVE US ALONE!" The skeletons stopped, looked at each other, then turned away with a shrug and sort of melted back into the earth. Whatever spell had summoned them in the first place was apparently not strong enough to overrule the authority of a princess of the underworld.
Having unknowingly put a large degree of personal power into the shout and not really having any practice with controlling that power, Kim suddenly felt herself very drained of energy. Her knees buckled and she fell to the ground beside her temporary companions. She blacked out and plunged into dream about a land of ultimate rewards and punishments, where big multi-headed dogs chewed red rubber balls to pieces next to terrified people waiting in line for the admissions tent. She woke some time later in a strange bed. An infirmary bed in the camp that would be her new home.
- Children of Hades can create and launch long shards of obsidian from their palms.
- Children of Hades can create small fissures in the ground which spew plumes of hellfire for a few moments before closing. The hellfire is more powerful than normal fire, but can also harm the user, so this power must be used carefully.
- Children of Hades have the ability to create a dome of hardened earth and gemstones, roughly two or three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a short time.
- Children of Hades can conjure a set of very durable bone armor around themselves which grants enhanced protection against physical attacks. After a time, the armor grows brittle and falls off the user’s body.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command the dead, and are able to sense spirits or other undead beings.
- Children of Hades are able to communicate with and command hellhounds they encounter.
- Children of Hades can sense when a mortal, half-blood, nymph/spirit that they know has died through a "buzzing" in their ears.
- Children of Hades are able to instantly destroy undead in a single attack.
- Children of Hades have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Hades have a heightened control over undead and can usurp dominance from others who control undead who aren’t also children of Hades.
- Children of Hades can telekinetically shape and control dead matter. The more matter moved, the more the user is drained.
- Children of Hades can perform rites to summon a specific ghost from the underworld for a time, using offerings of their choice. The more offerings given and the more specific they are to the intended ghost, the more likely they are to appear. Ghosts that have been granted reincarnation, or are trapped Tartarus or the Fields of Punishment, cannot be summoned.
- Children of Hades can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are able to summon skeletal/zombie humanoids/animals to do their bidding. The more animals summoned and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained. Any armor/weaponry the undead possess increases the strain of the summoning. The undead can then be commanded telepathically their summoner. The longer they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained of their energy.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are to project their consciousness into any undead minion they command, taking direct control of their senses, movements and actions. However, their own body is left vulnerable for the duration.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Hades are capable of entering into a contract with a willing soul, either prior to their death or after meeting them as a ghost. Once a contract is made, the user gains the ability to summon the spirit into an undead recreation of its former body, formed from the earth, to fight alongside them for a time. The undead would retain all of the skills and physical abilities they had in life, including weaker versions of any special powers. When the summoning ends, or the spirit's summoned body is destroyed, the user is left heavily drained and could possibly faint. Only one contract can be held at a time.
- Children of Hades have innate knowledge of the Underworld, able to guide themselves and allies to how to enter,explore and escape the Underworld. (as long as they aren’t already dead)
- Children of Hades tend to have dark attitudes and appreciate shadowy places.
- Children of Hades typically have an appreciation for the earth, feeling more comfortable on the ground rather than being in the sky or the sea.
- Children of Hades often grow up to make great morticians.
(gets the 9 month on 21 December 2013)
Items of Note
Misty, the Ghost Chihuahua. Insubstantial to any camper without underworld origins. Can also shadow travel. Otherwise, just a normal small dog.
A small rock collection.
|Bob and Dolores Unzine||Adoptive Parents||What can I say, I love them sooo much!|
|Hades||Father||I have not met him yet, but he sounds cool.|
|Tessa||Friend||Met her on my first day. Nice girl who knows alot about how things work around here.|
|Koreen||Friend||A fellow new girl I met on day 1. We are helping each other with camp navigation.|