||Alive and at camp
Originall Born: 31 October 1871
Died: 2 March 1898
Second Chance at Life: 1 August 2013
||Son of Hunger|
Jack the Ripper
||Posh or Cockney, depends on his mood
||Pansexual but can sometimes come off as asexual
Currently Lazarus' body is around 20 years old, though his soul is over 150. He hasn't dated anyone officially since Cameron Jordans, which ended badly, though more for Cameron than Laz, even though Laz let on like Cameron really broke his heart, it was all a lie. Laz left camp for a bit after breaking up with Cameron, needed to ummmmm...... stretch his legs as he found camp quite confining to be able to life the life style he preferred. After wandering around for awhile he came across Benny and Benny's Mentor Alex out camping and in the middle of fending off a monster attack. Laz was able to help protect Benny, but Alex wasn't so lucky, at least that's what Laz has convinced Benny of, that Alex died of his wounds while Benny was trying to find help. After that Laz helped Benny get to camp and has been mentoring him the last month or so. Benny has struck a nerve in Laz, bringing up feelings inside of him that he didn't know or believe he was even capable of, though at this point Laz is still in denial of this. Currently Conor has resurfaced in ghost form, which Hades had promised wouldn't happen after Laz chose Conor's body for his reward for helping Hades. It seems Hades has double-crossed Laz, though why or to what extent is not yet known. (OOC, or whether or not I'll keep Conor as an official ghost character or not, currently I'm only using him for a short plot with Alex/Benny in one RP, as ghost's are minor characters I'm not worried either way, as Conor has a page and was claimed).
"Humans, insignificant specks, on top an insignificant sphere, amidst a vast insignificant universe. They scurry and scamper and try desperately to eke out a life that makes them happy and comfortable. Few humans and demigods will ever know true immortality, but there is an immortality anyone can obtain with enough effort. To create such a name for themselves while they are alive that it will never be forgotten, no matter how many hundreds of years pass, we all hear of names such as Genghis Khan, Nero, Vlad the Impaler and many more. They have been immortalised, their names stand the test of time. The first time around I made the mistake of keeping to the shadows, hiding under a name that was never my own, my deeds never given proper credit. I shall not make that mistake this time around, this time around I shall make sure my name is immortalised, so that long after I'm dead, everyone will know the name Lazarus Caius Gein."
- ~Lazarus Gein
Before Death/First Life:
Mary grew up in the poor areas of London in the mid-1800s. She was orphaned at 11, and struggled for the next few years in orphanages until she ran away and ended up barely surviving on the streets, which led to a life as a prostitute. It was while working as a prostitute that she ended up meeting Limos. She often liked to walk the poor areas of London; they were so filled with starvation and hunger. After visiting Mary a few times posing as another prostitute, she was drawn to Mary, but Mary made it quite clear she was straight and only did men, but Limos was filled with an insatiable hunger for Mary, and paid Hermaphroditus a visit. She needed a favour, she knew she could change her appearance to look like a man, but she wanted more than that, she wanted to leave Mary with a child as well and knew that Hermaphroditus could make her more than just look like a guy. Hermaphroditus agreed with the promise that one day when he/she needed a favour, Limos would deliver, but that it would only last for 24 hours. She found Mary, disguised as a client, and paid for a full day with her, in the end Limos left before the 24 hours was up, and Mary ended up pregnant. Limos left a note when she found out, explaining things, along with a special switch-blade to give his child when he turned 12.
It was a rough pregnancy, and she "worked" for as long as she could, against all odds (especially for the times) Mary delivered a healthy baby boy. She decided to keep the child, convinced she would be able to love it. She managed to convince one of her wealthier clients that the child was his and that if he didn't provide money she would go to his family with the truth. She got enough money from him that she managed to provide for her and her son, but she still had to be a prostitute.
For the next few years, well, his whole childhood really, this was the life he would have to witness day in and day out. Sometimes when his mother was busy with clients she would have some of her other prostitute friends watch him, other times she would leave him in another room to have to listen, sometimes even having him in the same room having to watch. It was through watching this that his deep hatred of prostitutes came from. He felt his mother was weak for what she did, disgusting, filth.
Starting around the age of 7 she would send him out in dirty clothes to beg for money or food. Between the ages of 7 and 12 he got pretty good at convincing people to give him money. He also realised he couldn't stand being dirty. He would steal clean clothes from wherever he could find them and find places to wash up. When he looked clean, the richer people were more likely to let him get close enough to them so he could steal their wallets without them noticing. Unfortunately it was also during these years, some of his mother's clients found they had a taste for more than just women, and for extra money sometimes she would let them have their way with her son.
At 12 he overheard his mother arguing with a street vendor, she was trying to sell a switch-blade, but the guy said it was worthless. When the vendor wouldn't buy it she took it and her son back home disgusted and tossed it back into a box. In it contained a note that Limos had written, explaining everything. Lazarus found it but wasn't sure what to make of it, it sounded insane, but he started to fantasise. If his father really were a Greek god, that made him special, maybe even important, and that he liked.
From then on he carried the switch-blade with him everywhere. At the age of 13 he experienced his first attack, presumably the "stench" of all the prostitutes and men that visited each night had kept them at bay perhaps longer than normal. An old woman was disguised as someone selling fresh flowers. When she suddenly through the basket and lunged at him, he saw her for what she really was, some disgusting monster thing (an empousai). A couple of other teen boys were in the dark alleyway at the time and went to help, pulling swords out. They killed the empousai, and helped Lazarus up. They took Lazarus to meet a few others, a small gang of kids along with a satyr that lived in the slums of London.
Over the next few years, he worked his way up and became a leader of the gang. He enjoyed feeling important, and spent more time with them than with his mother. Though his hatred for his mother only grew. One muggy night, on 31 August 1888, at the age of 17, he'd finally had enough. He found out his whore of a mother was pregnant again, and attacked her sometime after midnight walking back to their home. He followed her, and while she was on Buck's Row, he went up behind her and sliced two deep gashes in her throat, then proceeded to mutilate her abdomen.
After that, when he clearly got away with it, it made him feel even more empowered. He continued in London for a while, doing what he wanted, taking his inner anger out on other prostitutes the same he did with his mother. He'd steal nice looking clothes and work towards honing his conning skills. After the end of November 1888 he left London and travelled around. Doing what he wanted, amassing money but hiding it away in places that he'd always remember, buried safes and such. His luck would run out in 1898 at the age of 27, when he was taken by surprise by the Chimera. When the Chimera jumped in down from where it had been stalking him, it immediately spit at him with its poisonous snake-like tail end, hitting him right in the eyes and blinding him. With no help nearby from any other demigods, he was unable to fight it long, and ended up dying.
Life as a Ghost:
After dying, his spirit had much unfinished business and his ghost remained. For years he wandered around, and soon got really good at possessing humans, classifying him as what the gods and Greeks called the "possessing" Eidolones. He spent years and years, possessing mortal after mortal. Good men, bad men, women, men, didn't matter.
During his time he met other ghosts, heard lots of stories, sometimes even did small tasks for the gods. He didn't always enjoy doing tasks for the gods, but he knew they were powerful, and figured the more favours he did for them, the more they would owe him. One day, all his planning and favour doing finally paid off.
See below for more....
New Life/New Body:
Based on events with Selene/Anamika/Hunter and a deal he made with Hades, he ultimately chose Conor Fames as his new body to return to the land of the living, against Hades' warning that Conor had a bit of a bad reputation while he had been alive. Nonetheless, Lazarus chose this body, and Hades held up his side of the deal. Upon taking the new body, he also took on the last name Gein and refuses to ever speak of his real last name.
Immediately after making the deal, but before fulfilling his side of the agreement, he made sure to use Selene's body to go around and gather some of the old money he had hidden, as well as steal some more, so that he would have a nest egg upon getting a body of his own.
Fake History He Tells Everyone:
Lazarus was born in 1849 in Dublin, Ireland. He knows very little about his biological father, he couldn't have been too well off, and after his birth and being left on his father's door step, they immigrated to England in hopes for a better life. He didn't live long enough to tell him the story of how he met his mother, but after finding out his mother was Limos, and the fact he was conceived during the Great Famine he surmised that was why Limos had been hanging around Ireland at that time.
Lazarus' father toiled for a few years, trying to provide for him and his son, he managed to get a respectable job working as a butler and carriage driver for a well off family. The family loved his father and him dearly, and thought of them as family. When Lazarus was 7 typhoid fever struck the household. The family's youngest son died, as well as Lazarus' father. Before he died, the family swore to him that Lazarus would always be looked after and cared for.
He grew up like another sibling to their children, at the age of 12 a satyr found him in time to help him through his first hellhound attack. He was afraid it would be hard to explain to his adoptive mother the truth, but it turns out she had demigod ancestry and had been born clear sighted, so this helped his coming out as a demigod.
For a while he was sent to a camp for demigods, he went on to college, and despite numerous monster attacks he survived, and some he barely survived, his end was fated to be much different. On 1 April 1873, at the age of 23 while sailing from England to New York on the RMS Atlantic, he died when it went down off the coast of Halifax.
Opting not to pass in, he remained as a ghost, upon meeting some of the "possessing" Eidolones, he became good at possessing people. He was generally selective about those he possessed, an occasionally would do favours for various gods and goddesses. This eventually led him to taking on a favour for Hades, it wasn't the usual type of job he might do for a god, and it seemed petty and vindictive. He hesitated and Hades saw this, so he sweetened the deal, knowing that Lazarus still desired to walk the earth and missed his days being alive, so he offered a body, the only catch was that it couldn't be his own body. He agreed and possessed the boy of Selene.
He was unable to kill Hunter, though the rest of the deal he held up, but after choosing a body, when he woke up, he found it wasn't the body he had chosen but instead the body of Conor Fames. Lazarus had heard rumours about Conor, from some ghosts over the last few years, he didn't seem like a very nice guy and he was quite angry at Hades for tricking him, but upon waking up he could no longer gain access into the underworld, and Hades refused to hear him out. Though Persephone saw what trickery her husband did, and felt bad for Lazarus and made sure he had a healthy start with his new life with a nest egg that he could use to get things he needed, clothes, etc.
Truth Behind the Fake History:
The history is very real, another ghost he came across in his journeys, a child of Demeter named Darragh O'Donnell. It's been years and years since Lazarus last hung around Darragh, but the story always stuck with him. Probably because Lazarus was jealous that Darragh was lucky enough to be taken on by such a wealthy family.
He chose to lie about why he ended up with Conor's body, as some might find it strange he would choose a body with such a bad reputation, blaming Hades on it, who has a reputation for being a dick, seemed like an easier explanation.
His "Real" Personality:
Lazarus' personality is rather complex. He often likes to call himself a psychopath, and on some levels that may be true, he definitely has some of the classic personality traits of a "psychopath", however he also has many personality traits of a high functioning sociopath. In other words, diagnosing him would be difficult for even the most educated psychiatrist.
- Manipulative and Conning: They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviours as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
- Grandiose Sense of Self: Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
- Pathological Lying: Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
- Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt: A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
- Shallow Emotions: When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
- Need for Stimulation: Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
- Callousness/Lack of Empathy: Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
- Poor Behavioural Controls/Impulsive Nature: Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
- Early Behaviour Problems/Juvenile Delinquency: Usually has a history of behavioural and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviours such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
- Irresponsibility/Unreliability: Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
- Promiscuous Sexual Behaviour/Infidelity: Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
- Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle: Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
- Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility: Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.
- Unable to feel remorse or guilt
- Extreme narcissism and grandiose
- Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
- Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
- Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
- Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behaviour will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Of course he's never been seen by a psychiatrist. Though he has never experienced true love, he's not entirely convinced he can't feel it. Sometimes it's something he hopes to find, though most of the time what he mistakes for real feelings is really obsession, desire and need above anything truly sentimental.
He's pan-sexual, though when it comes to guys it's even more a dominance thing than it is with girls. He already sees girls as inferior, so he sees dominating other men as an even bigger challenge. He doesn't just want to see the guys as his inferior, he wants to dominate them to the point they see themselves as inferior to Lazarus.
He desires, craves and NEEDS to control people, to control their lives, to control their destinies, to control their deaths, he admires the gods to some degree and therefore has never made any effort to leave camp to join the BC. However, he sees some of the gods as rivals, such as Thanatos and Hades. Although he worked for Hades a lot while he was a possessing spirit and to some degree has a great respect for Hades, he deeply desires to take what belongs to Hades. He believes he would be better at being god over life and death and the souls of the underworld. He is very sure of himself, to the point of being cocky, though his personality is such that he is able to come off as well spoken and educated. People often listen to him and believe him because the confidence he has oozes off him and is almost contagious (though not literally of course). Some of his roll models in death over the years that he met while walking the world as a spirit are Hitler and Charles Manson, both of whom when he gets drunk he'll tell you stories about having met them in the Underworld. He also claims to know who the Zodiac killer was and that he possessed his body during one of the murders, though it is actually true, hep plays it off like it is a joke as he doesn't want it to be public knowledge that he has murdered people and enjoyed it.
One of his "Main" Alias Personalities he tries to show people:
Obviously he tries to hide much of his "true" nature. When with other people, he generally comes off as a quiet, reserved, yet cheerful and good natured person. He seems to be the type to go out of his way to help an old lady cross the street or rescue an injured animal (though usually only if there are people around to see him do it, to get praised.) When it comes to his sexuality, he may be pan-sexual, but he tends to be more open about flirting with girls than he is with guys. He also rarely let's people get too close, always keeping them at a comfortable distance from his true self.
Laz's Demigod Powers
Laz has been at camp long enough to have all the month powers
- Children of Limos have the ability to force hunger upon a person, causing digestive pain and sudden slowness of movements for a short period of time. The intensity of hunger can be augmented, but drains more energy.
- Children of Limos have the ability to drain the life of the plants and soil around them in order to empower their attacks for a short time.
- Children of Limos have the ability to create a small field around them that employ the effects of hunger to cause muscle atrophy, causing every movement to be painful for a short time. This causes anyone stepping in the field to stop in their movements out of pain. The longer the field is maintained, the more energy it drains.
- Children of Limos have the ability to create small illusions of food desired by a person. The food varies for each person, but all the same, these illusions distract them. The longer the illusion is held, the more energy it drains. If the user attacks while the illusion is in effect, it automatically shatters. So the power is purely defensive.
- Children of Limos are innately more resistant to hunger, and the effects/diseases/ailments brought by it. They can survive more days without eating or drinking anything without being exposed to effects than others.
- The more hungrier the people around them are, or the more their surroundings are rotten/wilted, the more powerful the user becomes. They cannot gain power from hunger and wilting created with Passive 3.
- When in the presence of a child of Limos, people feel more hungry and crave more for food and plants tend to die and wilt around them. Making it hard for opponent’s to focus slightly and fight if they’re using plant-based abilities. They can shut off this ability for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Limos can sense if either a person or animal nearby is hungry just by looking at them.
- Children of Limos have the ability to suppress someone's hunger for a short time, allowing them to think more clearly despite of extreme hunger. They, however, cannot do this upon themselves. Also, when the effect wears off, the affected person may experience stronger hunger than before.
- Children of Limos have the ability to employ hunger to cause vitamin deficiency diseases such as anaemia, diarrhea, scurvy, skin rashes and edema upon a person, incapacitating them for a short time. This allows the child of Limos to attack or flee freely. Over time, the disease wears off, making the victim normal and healthy again.
- Children of Limos have the ability to curse any edible object to become ineffective to one's hunger, causing the consumer to stay hungry, even if they ate already. They can also cause food or any edible item to rot with a simple touch. This ability does not include animals.
- Children of Limos have the ability to induce severe and unsatisfied hunger upon themselves, causing their stomachs to become seemingly bottomless, and their digestive systems to adapt to almost anything a child of Limos ingests for a short time. While in this state, they can consume and digest almost any substance without injury. They cannot also eat any object larger than their mouths and those that their teeth can't chew (they can swallow very small pieces of wood, stone or metal though). The more they consume, the more strength, agility and speed they obtain. When they revert to their normal self, they are incapacitated for moderate periods of time. The objects eaten are then transformed into harmless materials expelled during defecation.
- Children of Limos have the ability to create an illusion of a massive famine on the immediate area. Enemies affected by the illusion will begin to hallucinate a raid of locusts destroying the remaining plants, extremely malnourished and rotting bodies (whether animal or people) littering the ground, and everything they see is almost barren, empty and a wasteland. This instils panic among victims, causes them to vomit out of disgust and begin to extremely crave for food. The illusion can reach an extent wherein the panic caused by the famine can create chaos. The illusion only lasts for a short time, and drains the user of a very large amount.
- Children of Limos have the ability to employ famine to cause the immediate area around them to suddenly wither, making plants and organisms wilt and become dehydrated and make the affected soil unusable to produce plants or crops and nearby targets very dry and weak for a short period of time. This power is mainly used to render plant-based powers completely useless, weaken opponents and greatly empower themselves. Over time, the effects revert back, and drains a considerable amount of energy from the user.
- Children of Limos can draw power from all the hunger they've seen, felt or created in their lives and become an embodiment of hunger. This would make them more powerful, making them immune to all attacks, enhancing their physical prowess and power over hunger they previously possessed. This only lasts for a short time, after which the user will be so exhausted they’d lack the ability to even move for some time and could even faint.
Laz does not have all the typical Limos traits, though he can be quite hungry at times, he is more hungry for things beyond food, like being in control of both himself and others.