He is shy when meeting new people. He is very hard working and rarely gives up. He is often serious but he sometimes makes jokes. He is very proud and hates to admit he can't do something. Lucas takes on many tasks because he feels he is needed but he is terrified at failing at them. Along with his fear of failure he is afraid of spiders like most children of Athena and he is afraid of fire and horses after the fire breathing horses attacked.
Edgar Sage was a young inventor. His latest invention, a digital pen like no other called the Sagepen, was going to be a big success, but when he went to get a patent he found that another man had filed a similar idea earlier that day. Edgar had spent all his money on his invention so he had to go back to his old job as a waiter to make a living. One day after work he met a strange woman who asked about his invention. After telling her about the Sagepen she told him that she believed that he had come up with it and that she could get him a patent. He didn't believe her but he asked what her name was and she said it was Athena. The next day he received a call saying that an investigation revealed that his idea had been stolen and that he could get a patent. Edgar met Athena later that day and thanked her for what she had done.
Edgar and Athena started dating and fell in love after several months. One night when Athena was at Edgar's house something strange happened, it was like their thoughts melded together and became one. Athena left shortly after this and Edgar never saw her again. Several months later, Edgar found a baby in a golden cradle in his house. Next to the cradle was a note from Athena explaining that she was a goddess and that the baby was their son. Edgar could not remember having sex with Athena but he remembered the strange experience and thought the baby might have been conceived that way. Edgar decided to raise the baby and named him Lucas.
Lucas was very smart and learned quickly so it was a surprise when he was diagnosed with ADHD and Dyslexia. Despite his Dyslexia Lucas learned how to read as well as the other kids. By working hard he eventually learned to read better than most kids his age. In middle school Lucas participated in several extracurricular activities, too many for him to handle, but he would never admit that he couldn't do them. In his free time he would often help his father with his inventions. He would often weave before bed to unwind. He had no friends because he was too busy for them. This was how his life went until one day when Lucas was 14, a group of 3 fire breathing horses attacked his house, killing his father and burning Lucas. Before they could kill Lucas, a strange goat-man shot them with arrows to draw them away from Lucas and he gave Lucas a celestial bronze sword. Lucas then defeated the horses with the goat-man. The goat-man then brought Lucas, who was 14, to Camp Half-Blood where they would be safe.
- Children of Athena have the ability to see each specific pressure point on another person and are proficient at striking them in order to immobilize another person for a short time.
- Children of Athena are changed during battle and become stronger and quicker in combat than a normal human could achieve.
- Children of Athena, using their inclinations of battle and strategy, can, most of the time, predict the course of action an opponent will take when attacking and dodge or parry accordingly; however, if the prediction is wrong, this may cost the child of Athena dearly.
- Children of Athena are innately proficient in both the strategy of and participation in combat.
- Children of Athena have innate battle reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Athena have minor telepathic abilities
- Children of Athena have the ability to calm a person near them; this can be used on either ally or foe for varying reasons.
- Children of Athena have the gift to be able to call upon the allegiance of a nearby owl which will scout for them and relay information back telepathically.
- Children of Athena are very intelligent, wise and clever.
- Children of Athena are also very adept at weaving, pottery and other crafts.
- Children of Athena often give good counsel