Maria was not very social with other people. She has the capability to teach herself. Maria is also very helpful and smart. She would prefer to be by herself. Although at times, she can be very hyper.
Maria's father met Athena in a store, when they started talking. Richard, Maria's father, was a smart man, being an engineer, and so Athena and Richard fell in love, so she had thought about a child of them. Athena had created Maria by doing so, and left her on Richard's doorsteps.
Maria grew up in Georgia, United States. Maria was not very social with other people. When she was in elementary school, she shared a class with two deaf students. She learned sign language from them, as well as teaching herself. She became good friends with the two, and them being her only friends...When she was 10 she ran away to New York away from her dad (by public bus), whom she thought was the meanest person in the world. Her father, when Maria left for school, quit his job and became an alcoholic, being around the wrong crowd. Maria went to her aunt's who took her in, trying to protect Maria from her father. She was trying to thrive in the busy city, and without her little friends for support. Maria was in New York when she learned she could play any instrument she set her hands on, thanks to her band director, who helped encourage her. Maria was also very smart in school and tried to get good
What Maria does not know, is that she has a slowly occurring deafness that she gained genetically from her father's side of the family......
- Children of Athena have the ability to see each specific pressure point on another person and are proficient at striking them in order to immobilize another person for a short time.
- Children of Athena are changed during battle and become stronger and quicker in combat than a normal human could achieve.
- Children of Athena, using their inclinations of battle and strategy, can, most of the time, predict the course of action an opponent will take when attacking and dodge or parry accordingly; however, if the prediction is wrong, this may cost the child of Athena dearly.
- Children of Athena are innately proficient in both the strategy of and participation in combat.
- Children of Athena have innate battle reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Athena have minor telepathic abilities
- Children of Athena have the ability to calm a person near them; this can be used on either ally or foe for varying reasons.
- Children of Athena have the gift to be able to call upon the allegiance of a nearby owl which will scout for them and relay information back telepathically.