Mariko has a happy personality. She doesn't get mad very easily and always has a smile on her face. She doesn't raise her voice and tries to be very calm. When someone does make her upset she tries to tell them to stop or ignores them and walks away. If you really make her mad then she'll attack you and claw at her and punch you until someone gets her off.
Mariko's mother. Alica. Lived in Arizona all her life. When Alica was 21 she met Astraeus at the store while Alica was picking up some fruit. Alica hadn't liked Astraeus hardly at all, she thought he was annoying and didn't pay to much attention to him. But everytime she returned to the store, he was always there and talked to her. Alica grew on to him and after a few months started to like him. Artraeus had asked Alica if she wanted to go to a club with him sometime, but he turned down the offer and said that she knew what would happen. She agreed that if they dated for a year. Then she would go to the club with him. While they were dating, Astraeus had made sure not to miss one of their dates. But Alica was always late for their dates and felt very bad for that, so would make up for it with a kiss on the cheek. After the year, they had went to the club. Alica wasn't a drinker and hadn't gotten drunk, Astraeus had disappeared from the bar after a few hours and left Alica alone. She tried to call him with the phone number he gave her, but nothing worked. Even the address he gave her wasn't real. After a few months she had forgotten about him. But he appeared at the store one day and had a long talk with Alica. She asked him if he really loved her, and he replied yes, and she told him that if he truly loved her. Then he would be with her. At first he said no, but after thinking about it for a few weeks. He replied with a yes and they had moved in together.
Mariko was born a few months later, but Astraeus had left when Alica had found that that she was pregnant. Leaving Alica alone to raise Mariko on her own. Mariko was a hard baby to raise, for Mariko never cried at all and never made a sound. Alica had to simply guess if Mariko was hungry or tired or upset and had a lot of trouble with Mariko. After a few years Alica had married to a man named Ken Ryuzaki. Ken didn't like Mariko at all, and tried to ignore her. But Mariko was an easy child to ignore, for she never would speak unless spoken too.
-When Mariko was 10, she had been hit by her step-father in the head. He had punched her hard because she hadn't done her chores or homework and he was upset with her and knocked her out. He dragged her body outside and threw her in the dumpster, letting the garbage truck simply take her away. When she awoke, she had no memory of what had happened. All she knew was that she was in a bed with a lot of faces looking at her. She soon found out that she was found in the garbage truck when they were dumping out the garbage. And they had sent her to the nearest hospital. She didn't remember her name or anything that happened. And so she simply remembered the only thing that came to her mind, "Erica. You are such a pain!" So she assumed that her name was Erica.
-When her mother found out, she had called the police to search for her right away. She had gotten a divorce with Ken and had gotten a restraining order against him. When the police told her that Mariko was gone and they couldn't find any trace of her. Her mother was heart broken and done a search of her own. Only to receive a letter from Arstaeus telling her about Mariko and where she was.
-She stayed in the hospital for a week, slowly remembering about her past. She remembered up to when she was 8 and then it was all a blur. She remembered the face of her step-father and the horrible screaming. But she didn't remember her mothers face or anything about her mom. She just simply gave up and told herself she wasn't going to remember. A nurse had told Mariko that she was her mother and that Mariko had been beaten up at school very badly. Mariko hadn't believed the nurse, but after being told that multiple times, she just choose to believe it.
-Mariko was sent home with the nurse when she recovered enough, she had lived with the nurse for a few years. She loved the nurse's home. Everything was so warm and inviting, nothing like how she remembered her old home. Or where she came from. But she always felt like something was missing. Like someone wasn't there.
-On her 14th birthday. She was attacked by a hell-hound. While she was out front in her yard, the hell-hound had come out of no where and attacked her. She had fended it off the best she could with a pipe she found, but after a while she was beginning to loose her strength. So she chose the only thing that came to her. "Run." She ran away from her home with the hell-hound chasing after her. She ran a great distance, hiding and running, trying to survive.
-She was found by a Satyr while she was in a small town outside of New York. The Satyr had saw how bad of a state she was in and told her that she had to come with him right away. She hadn't wanted to go with him, but thought it best. She had been told the way to Camp if something were to happen to the Satyr. To her luck, they had been attacked by Hell-Hound. The Satyr had risked his life to save her, and she was heart broken to loose such a good friend.
-She arrived to CHB a few days after. When she arrived. She was as skinny as a twig and she had barely any strength left and had very low health. She was literally dying and she barely had a chance of survival. Luckily the Apollo kids helped her regain her health and she was mostly looked over by Kylie Shay. But after she regained her health. Kylie stopped coming to her and talking to her.
-Mariko was claimed a few weeks after she recovered, she was in the sword arena when she was claimed, to her surprise. She really didn't think that Astraeus would be her father in a million years. But she was welcomed with open arms and she felt right at home. After a while, she began to like being a child of Astraeus. Now she's glad that he's her father.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure weapons out of plasma which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to focus an intense beam of plasma which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- Children of Astraeus generate an orbit around themselves for a short time, all attacks and people near the user get caught in the orbit, causing them to fly around, unable to attack the user. The user cannot move while the orbit is active.
- Children of Astraeus are innately stronger during the night.
- Children of Astraeus have the innate ability to see in all directions at once during the night.
- Children of Astraeus can innately adapt to most natural planetary environments within reason, meaning they're less likely to die of heat stroke and hypothermia.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will alight an area or blind an enemy for a short time.
- Children of Astraeus can manipulate the force of gravity of the planet and change the direction and force of it. They can cause items to float or stick to the ground for a short time or cause them to fly into a certain direction. Once the curse wears off, the item is immune to further use of it for a moderate time.
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to use the gravity pull of the planet to slow down enemies for a short time, giving them a high chance to avoid an opponent’s attack or prevent an opponent from avoiding one of the user’s attacks.
- Children of Astraeus can limit gravity’s effect on their own bodies, causing them to float up and fly. The longer they fly the more it drains them.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to conjure a small supernova, which will burn at anything in its wake on a 10m radius, as well as producing a loud booming sound coming from the explosion. It cannot differ friend from foe and will affect anyone or anything nearby.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the power to cause up to three constellations to appear in their physical forms to fight alongside them. Each constellation will appear as an enlarged version of the thing it is based on except for human based constellations such as Orion which will be the size of a human. Constellations will dissipate after a short time, leaving the user moderately drained. Ex: If the user summons the Cancer constellation, it will be a giant crab that cannot be bigger than 2 or 3 times the size of the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Astraeus have the ability to change the surface and mass of their bodies to reflect the surface and mass of a planet in the solar system of their choice for a short time. For example, if the user wishes to turn their body into flames, they would adopt the surface of Mercury. No matter which planet they choose to assimilate with, they will be extremely drained after the transformation and they can only use the power once per fight. They may switch planets while in this state. Ex: The user is reflecting Earth to reach an opponent and then reflects Mercury to attack them. Once in this state, they lose access to their other powers. Excluding those that are passive.
- Children of Astraeus often wield innate knowledge of constellations, space and other planets in the solar system.
- Children of Astraeus can tell the time, date and their location simply by looking at the sky.
- Children of Astraeus typically dream of becoming astronauts, to explore the stars and other planets.
|Alica Shidou||Mother||Misses her and wished she could see her|
|Astraeus||Father||Doesn't mind him that much, but wished he was a better father|
Mariko carries two daggers made from Celestial Bronze, she had gotten these daggers while swimming in the lake and stumbled upon them while diving. She had named them "Truth" and "Dare" as she thought they suited the daggers, for they looked almost completely different. Truth is the left dagger and has a wooden hilt with engravings of ancient words and places and has rubies all along the hilt. Dare is the right dagger and his a silver hilt with drawings of battles and deaths of famous demi-gods and has Ambers all along it.