Too start off, she is by NO MEANS a fashionista; in fact, she is quite the opposite, always wearing sweats and such. She does not care what people think of how she dresses or acts. She is very nerdy, but not necessarily geeky. With her ever-worsening ADHD and dyslexia, she strives to be the highest in class, whether it was when she back in school by her old home or at camp. She can't stand bullies, and openly expresses that. She typically is more of a loner, but not on purpose. She just wants someone to like her for her, not for a nerd, geek, prep, etc. She has two best friends, however, who live out-of-state, in KT, where she used to live before her father moved to accommodate her stay at camp. She plans to take a brief summer visit each year to see them, along with an even briefer Christmas visit to her father, but will otherwise be a year-round camper. Her relationship with her father is sketchy; she gets along with him okay but they aren't on the best of terms, which is why she chose to be a year-rounder in the first place. She is kind at heart, but at first look appears disagreeable and slightly rude. On the inside and with two her best friends however, she is a jokester and carefree, loving and exceptionally kind. She doesn't know it yet, but her fatal flaw is stubbornness.
Her parents met at a college seminar for law, in which both her father and Athena were guest speaking. They were both awed by each other's speeches, and decided to get together for a cup of coffee, where they got to know each other (including him finding out she was a god). After that, apparently, Athena was so in love with her father, Matilda fell from her head. She handed her to her shocked father, kissed him goodbye, and said she would regret leaving him before dissolving into nothingness.
Her early childhood involved much teasing, bullying, and coldness from her father. She was incredibly smart from an early age (so much so that she skipped kindergarten and just went up into first grade), which got her teased and bullied. She was always the best of the class, leaving the teachers in awe and the students spiteful. She attended Newton E. Lee Elementary, with her main bully, Ally White. She was constantly rounding up gangs of girls to tease her for her smarts, as if being smart was a bad thing. Her only relief was her two friends, Mikayla and Tyler.
They didn't care what the bullies said; Mikayla was teased for her small figure but huge feet (which, if you think about it, is incredibly stupid), while Tyler was teased for hanging out with girls. They were the tightest bunch of friends you could ever possibly meet, always hanging out together. The one year Tyler was put in a different class, it caused an outrage, so much so that one week later he switched to their class. So, when her father said they were moving, they were devastated, but promised to keep in touch.
As for her father, well, he wasn't exactly bad to her, they just never got along well. At the age of 13 (about a month ago), he dropped the bomb of her being a demigod (after a satyr told her dad about a monster attack), made her pack-up and move to NYC, and then, a few days ago, dropped her off at camp. This was, like mentioned, because of her first and only monster attack that occurred. She was in sixth grade (this current year). It was a Harpie, and, the teachers seeing it as a large bat, tried to shoo it off. Someone, a satyr, that was new to her class, tossed her a small celestial bronze sword, smiled, and pulled out one of his own. He proceeded to attack the monster, and she, not having a clue what to do in the slightest, swung the sword and almost took off the poor satyr's head. After that, she stayed out of the way. The teachers, afterword, were shocked that a child that was such a star student and the new student would kill a poor bat like that. No one believed her when she claimed it was a person with wings, not a bat.
- Power 1 - Children of Athena have the ability to see each specific pressure point on another person and are proficient at striking them in order to immobilize another person for a short time.
- Power 2 - Children of Athena are changed during battle and become stronger and quicker in combat than a normal human could achieve.
- Power 3 - Children of Athena, using their inclinations of battle and strategy, can, most of the time, predict the course of action an opponent will take when attacking and dodge or parry accordingly; however, if the prediction is wrong, this may cost the child of Athena dearly.
- Power 4 - Children of Athena are innately proficient in both the strategy of and participation in combat.
- Power 5 - Children of Athena have innate battle reflexes which allows them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Power 6 - Children of Athena have minor telepathic abilities
- Power 7 - Children of Athena have the ability to calm a person near them; this can be used on either ally or foe for varying reasons.
- Power 8 - Children of Athena have the gift to be able to call upon the allegiance of a nearby owl which will scout for them and relay information back telepathically.
|Daniel Sinclaire||Father||Don't get along well|
|Tyler + Mikayla||Best Friends||Best Friends Forever!|