Megan is a strong, protective person. She loves all people and defends the weak. She is generally nice to all and genuinely cares for others. She is, however, proud. Her skill in combat has made her somewhat arrogant, and she loves to prove her skill: especially against guys. She wants to find love, but has sworn she will never even consider a man who cannot defeat her in open combat. Nevertheless, she flirts constantly, as she finds it amusing. Nevertheless, she is a very good person who wants nothing more than to make the world a safer place.
Henry was a son of Ares, a warrior first and last. He went to battle in the defense on New York during the Titan Wars, and served three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan as a Navy Seal. During what was to be one of his last missions of the third tour, Henry's squad was destroyed, and he was taken prisoner by terrorists.
He was held in captivity for two years, enduring horrific tortures. If not for his half-god nature, he would have died. Finally his captors made a mistake. Mistaking him for unconscious after a brutal beating, he was left unattended, tied to a tree. With the strength of Ares he managed to break free and flee into the night.
American relief forces found him and brought him home. He was in horrific shape: covered in ugly scar tissue and body full of improperly healed bones. But in the end he had had the victory over death. The success was so powerful that the goddess Nike went to congratulate the hero as he slept in the hospital...they got to talking, and she could not help but fall in love with the man. For three weeks after she visited him at least every other night. Then the visits stopped.
He soon saw why.
A few months later, Megan landed on his doorstep. Attached was a letter, explaining that the child's existence prohibited her involvement with him.
Henry took the child with great joy, however. From the day he received young Megan, he cared for her with as much love as any father ever had for a child. He left military service, taking a hefty load of pay for his time. He became an investor, and did quite well on the stock market from home. Megan grew, and Henry began to develop plans for her.
The world was a dark and horrible place, he decided, and some light was much needed. He would raise Megan to be a warrior: the greatest warrior there had ever been. He redoubled his efforts to recover from his time as a captive. Ambrosia (ordered on the Hermes mail service of course!) helped significantly, as did his will to be strong enough to train his baby girl.
Recover he did.
And so as young Megan grew, her father began to teach her the art of combat. Everything from swordplay to archery to stealth to jitsu. He also instructed her in the art of the mind, showing the girl all the fine points of WHY we fight, not just how. He taught her all about Greek myth, instructing her all about monsters and gods. Megan was a quick learner, and as a daughter of the victory goddess she soaked up these teachings eagerly.
And so the years passed and Megan grew stronger, wiser, and more beautiful each day. Unfortunately, since she knew all about the gods, she had a stronger scent quicker. Her first monster attack came at age 12. It was a hellhound. The creature bounded through the door into her home, intent on devouring her. She was saved by her father, who buried a spear in its throat.
From that point on they moved around quite a bit, always concerned about the scent. Still, there were more attacks over the years. Harpies came, but Henry's bow finished them. Dracaena appeared, but the two of them hid in the woods behind their house and he ambushed them. A large serpent once slithered into their home, but Megan's Dad quickly finished it. Never was there an attack that Henry couldn't handle.
Not that she needed his help, for it wasn't long before Megan was a deadly warrior herself. By age fourteen, her Nike powers had bmade her a good deal stronger than a grown man, and immeasurably better at combat. She and her father got the the point where they felt undaunted by any monster that reared its head, for they could surely slay it. They moved around often enough as to avoid the larger monsters. Indeed, even though she knew all about Camp Half Blood from her father, she saw no reason to go. She loved her dad, and as far as they were concerned, were perfectly secure with their current lifestyle.
But their luck couldn't last forever.
Megan was 17 and a deadly warrior, when their good fortune ran out. Six hungry giants smashed their way into the Sparks' home, roaring demonically. Henry and Megan fled after a brief struggle, and made their way into the woods. Megan had the speed of Nike, and thus was fast enough to outrun the beasts, but Henry had no such power, and had never been as fast since his imprisonment. In their final moments before being caught, he told his daughter where to find Camp Half Blood. He begged her, tears on his cheeks, to turn and never look back. He said he would catch up if he could.
They both knew that was impossible.
But Megan did as her father asked. She ran, face streaked with dirt and tears. She heard her father's wild battle cry behind her, and then all faded to silence.
She wandered her way towards Long Island for about a week, until she was found by a Satyr. Megan was brought back to Camp Half Blood and has dwelt there ever since: which had been about 3 months. She is currently 18;
- Children of Nike are able to channel their energy with and create a link to an object, can be a weapon or a sports related item, which causes their next attack with this object to be two times more powerful. Once used, it can not be used again on the object for the remainder of the fight and it drains the user somewhat.
- Children of Nike are able to clap their hands so hard and fast due to their enhanced strength that it sends a small shock-wave out. The shock-wave generates enough force to knock an opponent off their feet and possibly leaves bruises on their skin.
- Children of Nike can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Nike are able to increase their speed and stealth in short bursts, making them faster than most and undetectable for a short time. However, they cannot have a weapon drawn so the speed is purely for evasion.
- Children of Nike are innately proficient in most forms of combat and hold a higher state of physical prowess. They wield higher levels of strength, speed, endurance and stamina than the average human.
- Children of Nike have innate reflexes which allow them to fight and dodge quickly.
- Children of Nike have the ability to predict the path of projectiles and dodge them, as well as identifying the weak points of opponents. This ability does not always work and could mislead the user, leaving them open to attacks.
- Children of Nike wield an amazing amount of willpower and fighting spirit, allowing them to partially resist any attempt to control their mind and resist any urge to surrender or quit.
- Children of Nike have the inhuman ability to leap great distances and perform dodge-rolls with ease, which can aid the user with dodging and attacking.
- Children of Nike have the ability to empower strength upon nearby allies and instill fear upon nearby enemies with a deafening war cry.
- Since their mother was depicted as a winged goddess, children of Nike can sprout wings for a short time, this enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
- Children of Nike can create a false illusion of what their opponent needs to do to achieve victory for a short time. This can cause an opponent to attempt foolish strategies that work against them and gives the user a chance to attack or flee.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nike have the capability to fluidly move around on both land and air making the environment their playground allowing them to kick off almost any surface and air dash across moderate distances, swing around lampposts, maneuver their motion while airborne and grind along rails and battle enemies with speed, agility and style. Using this ability, the user can easily use their environment to their advantage, such as running up walls to escape enemies.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nike have the power to turn an opponent’s semi-living construct and/or animal ally against them by inducing a powerful desire for victory and the idea that only the user can provide it. So they will be under the complete control of them. The more allies and constructs the user usurps control from, the more energy is drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nike can draw power from all the victorious actions and desires they’ve seen, felt, or committed in their lives and become an become an embodiment of victory for a short time, in this state they are as twice as stronger and faster than before and are immune to all attacks. They emit a powerful aura which somewhat makes enemies think they are weak and doomed for failure. Once the transformation subsides and the user reverts to normal, they are immensely drained, cannot move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Nike are usually excellent charioteers and horse-riders.
- Children of Nike are often athletic and great sportsmen.
- Children of Nike normally love winning and are very competitive, typically being confident in their skills and wanting to show off.