Mordecai is a leader. He always keeps a cool head in difficult and shocking situations. He is great with planning and carrying out the plan. However, despite his fantastic leadership skills, he is somewhat of a loner. He is calm most of the time. He's not much of a talker. In battle, he is couragous. Some consider Mordecai somewhat honorable.
Mordecai has dark brown hair with hazel eyes. His skin is light and his height is average.
Ruby had met a man in her early 20s at a drinking party. She had not remembered much of the party, as she had been drunk, so the details were fuzzy. A week later, she took a pregnancy test and found it was a positive. Thoughts raced her mind. How was she gonna raise a child by herself? Where would she get the money? What would she do? However, as months passed, she got used to the idea and was somewhat glad. In months, Mordecai Carder was born.
When Mordecai was 1, his home was invaded by a large Cerberus. Ruby heard the sounds of vicious growling. She hid Mordecai in a closet sealed it in any way she could. She got a butcher's knife from the kitchen drawer and attempted to fight off the monster. However, it was futile. The monster had killed Ruby. Fortunately, a man heard the Cerberus and killed it with a sword, saving Mordecai. The man had heard crying coming from somewhere, so he began looking around. He had seen that the monster had killed Ruby. He went upstairs and found that the noise was coming from the closet. After getting in the closet, he saw that it was a baby. He knew that he could not leave the baby. He decided to take Mordecai with him, to raise him.
The man, who was named Ray Patzer, raised Mordecai. He home-schooled Mordecai, and even taught him the art of combat. He taught Mordecai how to use a mace. As well as mental and combat lessons, Ray also taught Mordecai some moral and emotional lessons. Mordecai grew to view Ray as a father figure and cared for him. The two continued to live in the country with one another for years to come. One day, Mordecai awoken in the wilderness. He had no idea how he got there, until he saw a note taped to his mace. It was written by Ray and it explained that it was he who had left Mordecai in the forest. Mordecai felt betrayed, but only slightly. He had no time to linger in the past.
Mordecai had traveled through the forest for a while, never staying in one place too long. Mordecai merely traveled, not knowing how long it had been, not knowing where he was heading. He just survived. He killed monsters and animals in his path and ate them for food. One day, Mordecai came across a small camp which was inhabited by two people. The two looked like they had not eaten in days. When Mordecai spoke to them, they claimed themselves to be demigods from a camp. Mordecai thought they were delusional from being stranded for so long. Mordecai knew he couldn't leave them there to die. They agreed to follow Mordecai, though reluctantly. The three worked together, killing animals and eating them to survive.
It was a few weeks until they were near Ray's home when they were ambushed by a large hellhound. The three of them worked together and successfully killed the hellhound. They had finally made it back out of the wilderness where Ray was waiting. Mordecai walked over to Ray, asking why he would just betray him like that. Ray explained to Mordecai it was a test to see what Mordecai had learned. Ray stated that Mordecai had gone past Ray's expectations. Ray wanted Mordecai to use his skills to survive, but he displayed his moral and leadership skills by helping the demigods back to civilization. Ray explained to Mordecai that he (Ray) was a demigod, a child of the god Hephaetus and that those two demigods were telling the truth. He told Mordecai that he (Mordecai) was also a demigod too and it was time for him to go to Camp Half-Blood, a camp for demigods. A satyr came, smelling the scent of demigods. The satyr explained to Mordecai what he was and guided Mordecai and the two demigods to camp.
- Children of Ares can decrease an opponent’s strength and combat abilities for a short time, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Ares are able to clap their hands so hard and fast due to their enhanced strength that it sends a small shock-wave out. The shock-wave generates enough force to knock an opponent off their feet and possibly leaves bruises on their skin.
- Children of Ares can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Ares have the ability to call forth civil justice onto the battlefield for a short time, making all opponents lose the will to fight if their actions are unjust. However, if the actions of the opponent are justifiable the power becomes redundant, and if the user attempts to attack the opponent while the power is in use it immediately wears off.
- Children of Ares are innately proficient in all forms of combat.
- Children of Ares are stronger and faster than the average human. Their skin is also capable of enduring more injuries.
- Children of Ares are always emitting an aura of violence and war, which makes people around them more likely to attack each other and start fights. They can shut it off for a long time.
- Children of Ares have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which can be used to dodge or attack. Upon landing, a small tremor is unleashed which causes anybody within a few feet to lose their balance.
- Children of Ares have the ability to empower strength upon nearby allies and instil fear upon nearby enemies with a deafening war cry.
- Children of Ares have the ability to enchant nearby weapons with either a positive effect or negative effect for the duration of a weapon; some examples would be increasing the sharpness of a blade or dulling it.
- Children of Ares are sometimes able to cause a small (3-5) group, to turn against each other by inducing a lust for violence and victory in combat. The targets would become irrational and fight among themselves determined to be the last warrior standing, causing chaos for a short time. The more affected the more energy is drained.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Ares can create an illusion of massive bloodshed, destruction and devastation on a battlefield, instilling everyone around them with cowardice and terror, causing them to panic and be routed for some time, until it wears off and they return to battle. Similarly, they can also do the opposite, causing everyone nearby to go into a battle frenzy, in which they recklessly fight the enemy. This power drains them significantly.
6 Months After a Character is Made
- Since their father has command over dead soldiers on the losing side of every war in history, children of Ares have the ability to summon a large group of armed skeletal soldiers, up to seven, which can then be controlled by the mind of their summoner. The longer the period of time for which they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained. Ex: The user can summon skeletal red coats, confederate soldiers, Nazis etc. Dead Soldiers who belonged to the winning side of the war cannot be summoned.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Ares can draw power from all the violent actions and desires they’ve seen, felt, or committed in their lives and become an embodiment of war for a short time, in this state they are as twice as strong and fast than before and are immune to all attacks. They emit a powerful aura which somewhat makes enemies think they are weak and doomed for failure. Once the transformation subsides and the user reverts to normal, they are immensely drained, cannot move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Ares are usually more courageous than most, especially when facing danger.
- As Ares is the god of civil order, his kids are often adept at creating order when there is chaos and fighting around them
- Children of Ares tend to love the thrill of battle and fighting, feeling natural when partaking in combat.
- Children of Ares often love the chance to show off their abilities, they’re often somewhat arrogant and hotheaded.
- Children of Ares typically have the potential to become great soldiers, agents or generals. Able to perform remarkable feats within the Military.
|Ares||Father||I haven't met him yet.|
|Ruby Carder||Mother||I never knew her.|
|Ray Patzer||Guardian||He's like a father to me. He's just awesome.|