Nathan is an able-minded boy, and has the characteristics of a Reluctant Hero. He's somewhat afraid to have come into camp, but with his inquisitive mind, he understands that he has to be here, inorder to keep his family set.
Laura Roark was an advocate for the widespread usage internet, a rebel of her time. Her attraction to the idea of an internet that could be used at home, with access to thousand of pages of information at the hands of one person, brought to her the attention of a fellow advocate, who turned to be Prometheus. The two had a short relationship, before he left, to pursue the growing Internet companies, and help them grow.
By the time Nathan Roark was born to his mother, she was a very happy, yet worn woman who loved her son very much. Her advocating days over, she was resigned to using the internet to merely look for information, like what she had wanted in the beginning. The two lived in a quiet little town just north of Manhattan. As Nathan grew older, his mother grew close to a teacher at Nathans high school, by the name of Stanley Jones. The teacher and Laura Roark began to see each other, and by Nathans 17th birthday, the two were engaged to be married.
Stanley, unlike many step-parents in the many forms of media that Nathan used, took a liking to young Nathan, even though Nathan was smart enough to realize that Stanley was not his father. Nathan and Stanley tried to overcome Nathan's reading disability, but it was in vain, as Nathan was still unable to read, due to the dyslexia he had inherited from his father.
Over the course of Nathan's life, he has had encounters with men who seemed larger than life, and dogs with more facial hair than a lion. However, Nathan attributed it to his wild imagination, and thought nothing of these encounters. These encounters started at the age of 12, when Nathan was first cornered by a man larger than any other man he had met before, and who seemed to only have one eye. He then went to see an man riding a horse with the horse's head missing, and various other strange creatures. These sightings had stopped for various periods at a time, and Nathan was convinced that they were just dreams. Until the wedding.
The day of the marriage, Nathan was walking around town, as he usually did, when a group of 4-5 harpies managed to wander into his hometown. The group rampaged through the town before seeing Nathan. Blind as to why they chose Nathan, the beasts charged at Nathan, prompting him to run.
The Harpies managed to tail Nathan no matter how far he ran. He managed to get it outside of the town, and soon, it spotted other demigods and chased them, leaving Nathan little time to make it back before the wedding.
However, at the party afterwards, the joyful times were interrupted by the Harpies again, this time with the Demigods on its tail. Nathan used his previous tangle with the beasts plus one of the demigods' weapons to take it out. The demigods were celebrated and invited to stay for food. Afterwards the demigod revealed that they were on a quest to slay the harpy and, claiming that Nathan was one of their own, asked him to join them at Camp, where they would see if he was a demigod or not.
Nathan turned to his mother and step-father, and asked if he could. Stanley smiled, and said, "If you think that you could be one of these fellows, go right ahead. I'll support anything you do, kid."
With that, at the age of 17, Nathan went to pack some clothes and was on his way to Camp. However, one night, Nathan wandered outside of where the others were camping and over heard the leader of the group talking to another one of their members. Nathan listened in on their conversation, and was horrified by what he learned.
It turned out that the "campers" were really members of the Broken Covenant, trying to use Nathan to get into Camp Half-Blood and infiltrate the camp as spies. Nathan, not knowing what the Broken Covenant is, only knew that they weren't campers and they were planning to attack the camp. Nathan was attacked soon after he found out, and a duel ensued with the leader of the defectors and Nathan. Nathan, due to his inexperience with the woldo, was overpowered the leader of the BC members, and re-captured. However, a group of demigods from the camp came, overpowered the BC members, and rescued Nathan. When the group arrived, Nathan was claimed as a son of Prometheus.
1. Children of Prometheus have the ability to conjure a weapon out of clay which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of clay.
1. Children of Prometheus have the ability to create a dome shaped out of clay, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a very short time.
1. Children of Prometheus can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
2. Children of Prometheus are proficient at forethought, the ability to take take into careful consideration of what will be necessary or what may happen in the future.
1. Children of Prometheus are able to trick another into doing something for them or revealing a secret to them; nothing guarantees the person will complete the task, if they figure out they are being tricked.
2. Children of Prometheus have the ability to create a spark to ignite a fire, but not control it, this can be used defensively, to distract, or for general purposes.
3 Months After Character is Made-September 15, 2013
1. Children of Prometheus can encase their armour/body in an extra layer of hardened clay that will dull any attack for a short time.
6 Months After Character is Made-November 15, 2013
1. Children of Prometheus are able to turn the immediate ground around them into a soft clay/mud, anyone standing in it will be slowed considerably, potentially causing them to fall and sink far enough into the mud to not move at all. The mud/clay will harden over time (not all at once) so that user's around can regain their footing. This effects everyone' s movements in the area, friend or enemy.
9 Months After Character is Made - February 15, 2014
1. Children of Prometheus is able to create a temporary clay man to distract or fight an enemy for a short time, while the clay man is fighting the user is incapacitated and the longer they maintain control the more energy it drains
1. Children of Prometheus are able to give convincing counsel, whether it be good or bad.
2. Children of Prometheus generally have a morbid fear of eagles
|Nayra Capac||Girlfriend||She's one of the most awesome individuals I have ever met. I love her.|